MK9 or Injustice: Which to Play to Prepare for MKX?

Cyberote

The title pretty much says it all. Im curious as to which game I should be training with in preparation for the new iteration of Mortal Kombat. MK9 is traditional MK, so I thought it would be best to train with it. However, Ive heard people claim that it feels "Injustice-y." Im really at a toss-up at the moment. MKX is MK, yet feels like Injustice, which has a semi-different play style and its own unique mechanics that might make their way into the next MK.

What do you think?

Im sure if youre decent at both you will so fine. Personally i would bet you would be better off if you knew more about MK9.

I havent touched Injustice since last year so Im going to be a bit rusty. I wasnt that great to begin with lol

I havent touched Injustice since last year so Im going to be a bit rusty. I wasnt that great to begin with lol

Its going to be a hybrid of both games so asking about which game best prepares you is a bit silly. I don't personally think it matters but I think it's going to be very interesting to see how trmk reacts to mkx injustice type gameplay mixed with mk9.

I'm a die-hard MK fan, but i've bought Injustice two month ago, in order to prepare myself for some "Injustice aspect" of MKX... But for now, i stay with MK9... block button and combos mechanics look quite the same !

[MENTION=17990]Kid NOVA[/MENTION] Your sig is too goddamn huge.

On topic, I'd say more MK9 due to back to block, X-Rays, etc. Stage interactions don't really need to be practiced IMO.

Injustice.
You need to get used to the lack of block dashing, which is a huge change from MK9.

Plus just understanding crossups improves your overall spacing.

Injustice.
You need to get used to the lack of block dashing, which is a huge change from MK9.

Plus just understanding crossups improves your overall spacing.

Totally forgot about this.

I take my opinion back.

So, I think I should go get a pre-owned Injustice then, as much as I didn't like the way the game felt, I'll give it another go for MKX's sake.

IMO, play BOTH.

MK X seems to have the MK9 button layout:

L1 / L Shoulder (used to be tag in MK9) = ???
L2 / L Trigger likely = Stance
R1 / R Shoulder likely = Throw
R2 / R Trigger likely = Block / Ex-moves
Square / X = FP
Triangle / Y = BP
X/A = FK
O/B = BK

Getting used to not being able to dash block, as BBBLP mentioned from Injustice, is important for MK X.
Seems like you'll be able to dash and block in MK X, but not both together.

Totally forgot about this.

I take my opinion back.

So, I think I should go get a pre-owned Injustice then, as much as I didn't like the way the game felt, I'll give it another go for MKX's sake.

It's definitely a bit strange moving from MK to Injustice. But Injustice is a good game, though. Definitely give it another shot.

It's definitely a bit strange moving from MK to Injustice. But Injustice is a good game, though. Definitely give it another shot.

Injustice got throwable interactibles from MK4, though, so aside from dash blocking not seemingly being in MK X and cross-ups being in, it really shouldn't be that difficult to get used to from MK9.