Just thinking out loud here...

the_pathfinder

It was never really implied that Scorpion's son was killed Quan Chi when he took Sub Zero's form and killed his wife.

So, I'm thinking that if Scorpion's son IS indeed still alive, then he can become the new Scorpion towards the end of MKX so that the old Scorpion and his story can be phased out. What do you all think?

Scorpions entire family and clan were killed. Also, even if that happened hypothetically, I don't think it'd be a very good move considering that would mean he's a mere human, and part of what makes scorpion interesting are his supernatural abilities like teleporting and hellfire attacks and such. Not to mention Boon's massive boner for Scorp, I doubt he'll be getting a rehaul or replacement any time soon.

There's all kinds of wrong with the OP.

If we're going by MK9, then Quan Chi showed Scorpion a fake slideshow. He didn't assume Sub-Zero's form, Quan Chi personally murdered his Wife and child.

If we're going by MK Legacy, it's non-canon.

There will always be a Scorpion in MK. He can't be killed, slowed down yes, but not killed.
Although it was an interesting thought, i don't see it happening.

There will always be a Scorpion in MK. He can't be killed, slowed down yes, but not killed.

Fatalities in MK would dictate otherwise, and Scorpion CAN be killed.

Boon just chooses not to kill him because that's his baby.

How can you kill that which is already dead? Using a Phoenix Down on him?

Why don't you ask the same question of Noob Saibot, Sindel, Ermac and Skarlet which were all dead characters / characters infused with sorcery???
Yet, in MK9, Sindel died again.
Dead characters can be killed again, as is evident by MK9.

Why don't you ask the same question of Noob Saibot, Sindel, Ermac and Skarlet which were all dead characters / characters infused with sorcery???
Yet, in MK9, Sindel died again.
Dead characters can be killed again, as is evident by MK9.
"You cannot kill a dead man! You have defeated my physical form, but my soul is eternal!"
-Scorpion

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

"You cannot kill a dead man! You have defeated my physical form, but my soul is eternal!"
-Scorpion

That's a cute quote from MK4, but MK9 (the rebooted timeline game) proved otherwise that dead people / people that are resurrected CAN, in fact, be killed.

Scorpion is immortal. He has proven it time and time again.

So has Raiden, but the MK9 intro proved that "immortal" beings in MK CAN be killed.
Scorpion has just always been written as surviving (Since he's Boon's favorite), but had it not been for the Elder Gods interfering in Deception, Scorpion would have been torn to shreds in the Soulnado.
Him not being dead is merely due to a story cop-out, not necessarily that he can't be killed.

Scorpion "died" right before DA when Quan Chi knocked him into the acid. Did he stay dead then?

I thought so. Further proof of Scorpion's immortality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's Scorpion's whole story. As long as he still has revenge in his heart, he cannot die. He endlessly comes back.
I don't think it ever said how long it takes for him to come back though.

Explomorph said:
He died in Armageddon....

Yup, according to the MK9 intro, he died in Armageddon.
That's as dead as you can get, second to being decapitated, IMO.

Scorpion dead.jpg

As I said before (and I'll say again), both immortal Scorpion and immortal Raiden died in Armageddon, but NRS always has some story that they're willing to pull out of their ass because Scorpion is the poster-boy and mascot.

And he'll get right back up from it later on.
Raiden takes on a mortal form to aid the fight for Earthrealm.