Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70

Thread: Scorpion Storyline

  1. #1
    Shaolin Monk Jion_Wansu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,182
    Thanked: 37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Scorpion Storyline

    Since there's a Sub Zero on in the MK Ecks sub-forums...

    Everyone remember that the only reason Scorpion wears a yellow ninja suit is to mock Sub Zero and Sub Zero's clan...

  2. #2
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,016
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1732
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    My theory is that it was the Shirai Ryu at large and not Scorpion in particular who chose to wear yellow (the color of cowardice) to mock the Lin Kuei (if anyone started this, it had to have been Takeda, since he's the one who defected the Lin Kuei and founded the Shirai Ryu).

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,657
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4928
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    Yeah, Scorpion himself didn't start the Shirai Ryu. Nor do I think he ever became Grandmaster.


    But when they were going to reboot the series, Scorpion's clothing was actually going to be black. With yellow blood stains from the demon Quan Chi sacrificed to resurrect him.

  4. #4
    New Kombatant
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4
    Thanked: 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    That sounds like a pretty kool look. Where did you hear that (all of you)?

  5. #5
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,657
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4928
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    It's from the cancelled MK1 reboot they were going to make. They made MKvsDC instead, and then decided to recreate the entire trilogy, which became MK9



  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBBLP For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    Kombatant Sn202's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    204
    Thanked: 39
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    My theory is that it was the Shirai Ryu at large and not Scorpion in particular who chose to wear yellow (the color of cowardice) to mock the Lin Kuei (if anyone started this, it had to have been Takeda, since he's the one who defected the Lin Kuei and founded the Shirai Ryu).

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
    Actually, in Japan, yellow is associated with courage.

  8. #7
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,657
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4928
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    The Lin Kuei are based in China though.

  9. #8
    Kombatant Sn202's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    204
    Thanked: 39
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    Quote Originally Posted by BBBLP View Post
    The Lin Kuei are based in China though.
    And the Shirai Ryu were based in Japan. I dont remember Sub-Zero wearing yellow. :V

  10. #9
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,016
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1732
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    I don't get how one color can represent opposites...

    I was taught that yellow represents cowardice...it even said so in the MK1 instruction manual that Scorpion wore yellow to mock the Lin Kuei.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Kombatant Sn202's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    204
    Thanked: 39
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    I don't get how one color can represent opposites...

    I was taught that yellow represents cowardice...it even said so in the MK1 instruction manual that Scorpion wore yellow to mock the Lin Kuei.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
    Okay, sit down for a bit, this might come as a shocker.

    Okay, you ready? This might surprise you.

    You sure? Alright, here we go.

    Theres more than one culture on the planet WOW WHOAH.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sn202 For This Useful Post:


  13. #11
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,016
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1732
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)

    Sorry, but MK is a Yankee-made game. Yankee culture takes priority in MK. Scorpion's yellow mocks the Lin Kuei as cowards in MK and that is final.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

  14. #12
    Kombatant Sn202's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    204
    Thanked: 39
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    Sorry, but MK is a Yankee game.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
    With influence from the east in terms of locations, designs, and mystical shit.

    Well, okay, some of it is from Big Trouble in Little China, but you get my point, its still influenced by that type of stuff, and it still works because Scorpion is Japanese.

  15. #13
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,016
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1732
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    Quote Originally Posted by Sn202 View Post
    With influence from the east in terms of locations, designs, and mystical shit.
    Where in the MK canon universe does it officially retcon Scorpion's Yellow mocking the Lin Kuei as cowards?

    Nowhere.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

  16. #14
    Kombatant Sn202's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    204
    Thanked: 39
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    Where in the MK canon universe does it officially retcon Scorpion's Yellow mocking the Lin Kuei as cowards?

    Nowhere.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
    That information was from the MK manuel, right? That can pretty much be thrown out at this point, because the story has progressed so much.

    Plus, also at this point, Scorpion and Sub-Zero look almost nothing alike anymore.

    Legit, that was just justification for a palette swap.

  17. #15
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,016
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1732
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    Quote Originally Posted by Sn202 View Post
    That information was from the MK manuel, right? That can pretty much be thrown out at this point, because the story has progressed so much.

    Plus, also at this point, Scorpion and Sub-Zero look almost nothing alike anymore.
    If Midway/NRS didn't explicitly say "Scorpion's Yellow does NOT mock the Lin Kuei as cowards", then it wasn't retconned. What part of that do you not understand?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

  18. #16
    Kombatant Sn202's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    204
    Thanked: 39
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    If Midway/NRS didn't explicitly say "Scorpion's Yellow does NOT mock the Lin Kuei as cowards", then it wasn't retconned. What part of that do you not understand?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
    It doesnt really work anymore when they look nothing alike, tho.

    Plus, what i said doesnt chang their intention, it just adds something to it.

  19. #17
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,016
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1732
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    Quote Originally Posted by Sn202 View Post
    It doesnt really work anymore when they look nothing alike, tho.

    Plus, what i said doesnt chang their intention, it just adds something to it.
    Doesn't matter what they look like; it's still canon. Just admit that you lied...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

  20. #18
    Kombatant Sn202's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    204
    Thanked: 39
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    Doesn't matter what they look like; it's still canon. Just admit that you lied...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
    Lied? Lied about what?

  21. #19
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,016
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1732
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    Quote Originally Posted by Sn202 View Post
    Lied? Lied about what?
    About why Scorpion wears yellow. About what constitutes a retcon.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

  22. #20
    Shaolin Monk Noob-Zer013's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Nexus
    Posts
    1,932
    PSN
    Noob-Zer013
    Thanked: 570
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Scorpion Storyline

    I don't understand how wearing yellow ninja garbs would mock the Lin Kuei. If I were in the Lin Kuei I'd be like, *sarcasm* "Oh boy, that yellow really hurts my feelings.."

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Noob-Zer013 For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. MK9 storyline
    By liopo2 in forum Characters & Gameplay
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 12:51 PM
  2. Scorpion - Sub Zero Storyline
    By coolcat3 in forum Spoilers, Leaks, and Rumors
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-16-2011, 08:50 PM
  3. MK Storyline
    By Jion_Wansu in forum Mortal Kombat Arcade Klassics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 03:05 PM
  4. endings and storyline
    By fan de tanya in forum Mortal Kombat: Deception & Unchained
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 09:49 PM
  5. More MK4 Storyline
    By Jeff Greeson in forum TRMK's Front Page News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-1997, 11:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •