Mortal Kombat Journey - FULL BLOWN MK RPG w/ Screenshots + Info

Sergio Sanchez

Hello! I and some friends have started a new project, and it is an RPG game based off of MK's final chapter in the original timeline! Please take the 30 seconds it takes to enjoy a preview of the game! Just click the link, sign up, and check out the only thread we have right now. It has all our screenshots so far :)

Our official, new forum:
Spoiler:

http://mortalkombatrpg.freeforums.net/

ALSO, if any Mods could delete my MK RPG thread that would be appreciated. I posted a new thread with the same contents to emphasize its official name, idea, and to avoid confusion with members who may think my original thread was a generic RPG outline rather than a full-blown game.

Last edited:
Delicious.
Do you guys have a general idea on how long it will take for the player to complete the game?
And are there going to be any secrets? I love exploring every possible square of an RPG.

Also noticed that Zebron was in one of the Screenshots :laugh:

Delicious.
Do you guys have a general idea on how long it will take for the player to complete the game?
And are there going to be any secrets? I love exploring every possible square of an RPG.

Also noticed that Zebron was in one of the Screenshots :laugh:

Yes, Zebron and other MK characters are making it in!

Yes, we have a lot of secrets! Easter Eggs for days... some kind of scary and some kind of funny. Some are nods to great moments and characters from the series!

Hmmm it takes a long time, but time flies when you're playing. So far the main storyline is taking 3 and a half hours just to get to half of the game's main story so... it is heavy in content! :)

when it´ll be availeble for download??

We really cannot begin to guess honestly. We are packing so much into the game, it is ridiculous.

We are hoping either end of this year or early next year, but that can change because of schooling and all that jazz.

We really cannot begin to guess honestly. We are packing so much into the game, it is ridiculous.

We are hoping either end of this year or early next year, but that can change because of schooling and all that jazz.

Very nice, i´m already became an enthusiast of the game!! Awesome job!!

Some Midnight Screenshots!!!
Spoiler:

Living Forest... had to hand draw the faces then add them onto the background... kind of a mix between the MK9 (horrendous design tbh) faces on the trees and the MK2 tree faces.

Outworld screenshot, during beta testing... very dark and ominous because of the game's plot.

Updated Shokan Miner sprites... fixed up and polished a little.

Last edited:
If I may give a bit of constructive criticism. I would recommend going full on Mortal Kombat II trees. They looked more mysterious and foreboding. The ones in your screenshot, no offense intended, look like Jack-O-Lanterns.

And the Shokan miners, I think you should darken the lines and shadows on them. They look blurry in comparison to the heavily shaded Tarkatan.

If I may give a bit of constructive criticism. I would recommend going full on Mortal Kombat II trees. They looked more mysterious and foreboding. The ones in your screenshot, no offense intended, look like Jack-O-Lanterns.

And the Shokan miners, I think you should darken the lines and shadows on them. They look blurry in comparison to the heavily shaded Tarkatan.

Damn, that Jack-O-Lantern look is what I wanted to avoid (MK9 trees I liked the nostrils but hated the glowing pupil) but ok I will go full MK2 trees and post a screenshot of the update tomorrow.

Darken the lines and shadows? I think I can do that pretty easy just changing the levels on the image... I will have that up tomorrow too :)

Thanks for the criticism. Gotta shape up what we already got before we continue adding!

Removed the "noses" on the trees, so it looks more like MK2, darknened them... I definitely think it looks much more foreboding.

Fixed up the Shokan a little. Looks sharper, not as blurry. Also darker tone, shading thickened, and burned around the black.

Bam, one picture, two updates.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
I'm liking the Shokan. But the trees still look off to me.
I think you should either go with the MKII style of a human face molded onto a tree, or the MK9 route where they have skeletal features. Because right now with the simple jagged shapes, they look like happy pumpkins imo.

I think you should either go with the MKII style of a human face molded onto a tree, or the MK9 route where they have skeletal features. Because right now with the simple jagged shapes, they look like happy pumpkins imo.

Yeah, it´s true...

Yeah, it´s true...

Alright so the Shokan, check.

But the trees... Ok, so I am guessing it is the entire concept, and not a specific tree design. I might just scrap this design I think and start new on the trees themselves... which design do you think I should go with? the human molds or skeletal? Just asking for an opinion...

I think I got it! Gave it the faded "wooden eyes" and nose kind of look. It looks like it is in the texture of the bark. Went with MK2...

What do you guys think?

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Oh my god that is so much better.
I've always liked the MKII trees because of their human features. It made them look so much more twisted and cruel than the Skull ones MK9 had.