Totems?

Immortal Reaver

Do we know what the Blood God totems will do? He has three different totems available in that variation. Crystal, Obsidian, and Blood totems. I think they might give him some kind of a buff while they are active. Maybe the Blood Totem regenerates health?

I was watching this gameplay, and noticed some things.

Right at the beginning he summons a totem, and it makes his torso have this aura around it in blue. Maybe that increases his defense? At 0:55 he summons a greenish-blue totem that makes his forearms glow. Shortly after that, he summons another. but as it times out and breaks, he loses health? Maybe it's a risk/reward type thing.

Last edited:
What each one will do specifically? Unknown as of yet but its say to say they'll be temporary buffs! (maybe something like Quan Chi's Skull buff in MK9)

That's what I'm thinking. I think it will go like this:

Crystal: Increases Attack Power

Obsidian: Increases Defense

Blood: Regenerates Health

I found a very detailed article about Kotal's variations. Since I haven't seen any references to it at TRMK I'll post it. It's worth noting that all the other five E3 demo characters have similar descriptions if you search the site: Mortal Kombat X <kombatant name> demo impressions. Not all of them is as detailed as this one however, maybe they didn't have enough time to test all the characters.

http://www.primagames.com/games/mortal-kombat-x/feature/mortal-kombat-x-kotal-kahn-demo-impressions

^I'm surprised that article mentions War Gods when Kotal Kahn much resembles Tekken instead. War Gods had Tak, a brute idol and Ahau Kin, who was a priest, but not necessarily Aztec.