MKX - rumoured spoilers!

Kzaoo

There's been a leak over at MKO. Whether this information is legit or not is questionable.

But you can find the info here: http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=151647

The abridged version of it is:

Spoiler:
Liu Kang has a character model, but it hasn't been implemented yet. This may mean that he's playable, or it may mean that he makes an appearance in story mode. Who knows?

There will be a demo.

Tanya may be in the game. There is an X-ray that resembles her MK4 fatality that's been tested.

There's a planned roster of roughly 30. 14 brand new characters, 8 from MK9 and about 8 from MK4 and beyond.

The story apparently does go on 25 years after the events of MK9, but there will be a substantial amount of MK4 covered.

Kotal Kahn has nothing to do with Shao Kahn, but is linked with Shinnok somehow.

No Sheeva.

Gameplay feels like MK9, but a little easier and tighter (that's a pretty broad term, so we'll have to wait on that).

Scorpion has been used as a tester for all character moves.

There's a reptillian like character. Whether it is chameleon or Reptile is unclear.

Nothing has been seen for Mileena and Kitana.

Take this with a grain of salt. It may be fake, it may be real. However, you may recall that there was an MK9 leak like this, and according to Black Shroud of TYM, this leak is from the same person who is responsible for the MK9 leak.

But rumours are just rumours. Don't take this for gospel. If this is true, some things are subject to change. However, this does shed some light on some questions that have been circulating the community since MKX's reveal.

Thoughts?

If it is true, alot of my worries would ease while at the same time cause even other worries, good find!
Spoiler:
If it is true I'm happy that some post MK3 characters make it in. What worries me though is they may completely skip the deception timeline right after MK4 (since a good chunk would be already spent on it) and would go 25 years into the future.

Spoiler:
That also concerns me. With the 14 brand new characters, I'm worried that they will just abandon everything after MK4. You have all these new faces coming in, so where's the room for the rest of the cast? While not perfect, the MKD story has a buttload of potential. If they forsake it for all these new characters, it would feel like a waste.

Also, they've got to make us give a shit about 14 new characters. The possibility of NRS burying themselves into a hole is very real here. There's a serious risk of under developing everyone, or burning out near the end and giving us like 10 great new characters, and four that just seem glued on.

14 new characters are indeed a lot. But I've already got used to these new four. They all work. About the other 10, that remains to be seen.

Now about the 8 classics, I really hope Ermac is in.

The 8 characters from MK4-Deception, it's clear to me that most are from MK4 plus Havik and Kenshi. Quan Chi, Shinnok, Tanya, Reiko and Fujin are obvious choices...

The MK Deception story was seriously compromised at the end of MK9 cause without shang tsung, there's no deadly alliance.

I'm not sure about the consequences of these events on Shujinko's quest.

The MK Deception story was seriously compromised at the end of MK9 cause without shang tsung, there's no deadly alliance.

I'm not sure about the consequences of these events on Shujinko's quest.

Onaga's resurrection isn't dependent upon forming of the deadly alliance though. Both Shang Tsung and Quan Chi were just a means to resurrect Onaga's soldiers. So far there doesn't seem to be anything in MK9 that hinders Onaga's return, thus it would very well have to still happen.......unless NRS decides to ignore it.

Onaga's resurrection isn't dependent upon forming of the deadly alliance though. Both Shang Tsung and Quan Chi were just a means to resurrect Onaga's soldiers. So far there doesn't seem to be anything in MK9 that hinders Onaga's return, thus it would very well have to still happen.......unless NRS decides to ignore it.

Onaga's resurrection is dependent of the Reptile's choice. In MKDA, that was the Deadly Alliance that caused his meeting with Nitara.
And the fate of kamidogu is dependent of Shujinko's quest that is surely modified by the new events of the storyline.

Spoiler:
14 brand new characters, 8 from MK9 and about 8 from MK4 and beyond.

Spoiler:
Note the very specific wording there. I think anybody concerned that the game won't cover anything from DA to Armageddon should take great comfort from the "and beyond" part. I'm excited that half the roster is gonna be new! Can't wait to see who gets announced next!

Onaga's resurrection is dependent of the Reptile's choice. In MKDA, that was the Deadly Alliance that caused his meeting with Nitara.
And the fate of kamidogu is dependent of Shujinko's quest that is surely modified by the new events of the storyline.

If you observe the their story arcs carefully, The Deadly Alliance had no direct bearing on Nitara's and Reptile's meeting. Nitara was looking for him since she saw him as an easy target and had an artifact of the zaterran civilization (the Kirehashi blade) to get him over to her side. In the original story, Reptile overheard Shang Tsung's and Quan Chi's interaction and was on his way to inform Shao Kahn of their ploy when he got distracted by Nitara. Thus in the altered timeline, even if the deadly alliance wouldn't exist, Nitara's and Reptile's meeting would still be imminent as she has what he needs and he would still be the easiest being for her to manipulate.

As for Shujinko's quest, remember that he had started out about 40 (approx) years before the first Mortal Kombat tournament. During the MK9 timeline he would have already recovered half of the kamidogu. None of the events of MK9 as well has any direct bearing on his quest and nothing during that timeline had changed as far as Shujinko is concerned.

These are his interactions with major characters close to and after the MK9 timeline.

Nightwolf - Few years before the 1st MK tournament
Shang Tsung - Right before the 1st MK tournament was set to begin
Kenshi - Right before the 1st MK tournament was set to begin
Raiden - Right before the 1st MK tournament was set to begin
Scorpion - After the events of MK4, at the Netherealm.

Thus as you can see, none of these characters or events seems to change even in the altered timeline, besides the last one as we have yet to reach there.

Yeah I saw this a while ago. It's grain of salt time really. However it could be true. Does anyone remember Chet's epic Freddy rumour thread here? Always be nice when naysaying (not saying anyone hasnt). :)

If you observe the their story arcs carefully, The Deadly Alliance had no direct bearing on Nitara's and Reptile's meeting. Nitara was looking for him since she saw him as an easy target and had an artifact of the zaterran civilization (the Kirehashi blade) to get him over to her side. In the original story, Reptile overheard Shang Tsung's and Quan Chi's interaction and was on his way to inform Shao Kahn of their ploy when he got distracted by Nitara. Thus in the altered timeline, even if the deadly alliance wouldn't exist, Nitara's and Reptile's meeting would still be imminent as she has what he needs and he would still be the easiest being for her to manipulate.

As for Shujinko's quest, remember that he had started out about 40 (approx) years before the first Mortal Kombat tournament. During the MK9 timeline he would have already recovered half of the kamidogu. None of the events of MK9 as well has any direct bearing on his quest and nothing during that timeline had changed as far as Shujinko is concerned.

These are his interactions with major characters close to and after the MK9 timeline.

Nightwolf - Few years before the 1st MK tournament
Shang Tsung - Right before the 1st MK tournament was set to begin
Kenshi - Right before the 1st MK tournament was set to begin
Raiden - Right before the 1st MK tournament was set to begin
Scorpion - After the events of MK4, at the Netherealm.

Thus as you can see, none of these characters or events seems to change even in the altered timeline, besides the last one as we have yet to reach there.

I guess you're right. This highly depends on the choice of Boon, so ^^.

8 characters from MK4 and beyond? is there actually any good characters from MK4 and beyond? ive not liked any of them from what ive played or seen. all of the MK characters not designed by john tobias sucked imo but i would love to be proved wrong.

the only character ive seen from MK4 onwards that i feel could work in a new MK is frost. yeah she sucked but so did all post MK3 characters but if done right a faster version of subzero could be interesting.

Would love this to be true! Also this would be in line with the leak of Tanya's voice actor and Ed Boon's statement that this game will introduce the most new characters out of all the MK games.

Like others, I really hope that this rumor's actually, a 30 character roster combining 2D-3D-new characters in the same kind of action we had in MK9 seems like a great game to me.

I'm rather skeptical on the number of new characters involved though, I mean, how do you create a story that involve that many new people (most casuals haven't heard of most 3D characters they may have to reintoduce them to the audience as well), and if they're anything like the ones so far, like really off the wall, then how do you write a story for them. But really I'm rather pleased with it.

Im all for new characters. Bring em on! MK9 was awesome as hell and I still love it to this day, but Im excited to see some new faces.

As far as the timeline, I dont see most of the events from Deadly Alliance happening. Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, and Shao Kahn are all dead. That just leaves Quan Chi alone with his amulet lol. I can see Deception happening though. I dont think Shujinkos quest wouldve been affected that much by the alterations in the MK timeline. All we need is Reptile, and hes still alive, so its entirely possible. Hell, maybe the rumored reptilian character is Onaga.

Im all for new characters. Bring em on! MK9 was awesome as hell and I still love it to this day, but Im excited to see some new faces.

As far as the timeline, I dont see most of the events from Deadly Alliance happening. Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, and Shao Kahn are all dead. That just leaves Quan Chi alone with his amulet lol. I can see Deception happening though. I dont think Shujinkos quest wouldve been affected that much by the alterations in the MK timeline. All we need is Reptile, and hes still alive, so its entirely possible. Hell, maybe the rumored reptilian character is Onaga.

Don't forget one thing : without Deadly Alliance, Scorpion would never be thrown into the soulnado and so, he never became Elder God Champion. Maybe the champion of the new timeline will stronger and can stop Shujinko in his quest to gather all kamidogu.

Thinking of that, maybe this new champion will be the new character thrown in the soulnado : Noob Saibot. So, maybe the new Sub-Zero is Noob Saibot bring back to life by the Elder Gods.

There's been a leak over at MKO. Whether this information is legit or not is questionable.

But you can find the info here: http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=151647

The abridged version of it is:

Spoiler:
Liu Kang has a character model, but it hasn't been implemented yet. This may mean that he's playable, or it may mean that he makes an appearance in story mode. Who knows?

There will be a demo.

Tanya may be in the game. There is an X-ray that resembles her MK4 fatality that's been tested.

There's a planned roster of roughly 30. 14 brand new characters, 8 from MK9 and about 8 from MK4 and beyond.

The story apparently does go on 25 years after the events of MK9, but there will be a substantial amount of MK4 covered.

Kotal Kahn has nothing to do with Shao Kahn, but is linked with Shinnok somehow.

No Sheeva.

Gameplay feels like MK9, but a little easier and tighter (that's a pretty broad term, so we'll have to wait on that).

Scorpion has been used as a tester for all character moves.

There's a reptillian like character. Whether it is chameleon or Reptile is unclear.

Nothing has been seen for Mileena and Kitana.

Take this with a grain of salt. It may be fake, it may be real. However, you may recall that there was an MK9 leak like this, and according to Black Shroud of TYM, this leak is from the same person who is responsible for the MK9 leak.

But rumours are just rumours. Don't take this for gospel. If this is true, some things are subject to change. However, this does shed some light on some questions that have been circulating the community since MKX's reveal.

Thoughts?
Spoiler:
No Sheeva, No surprise...

Have no doubt about the Demo

No doubt about Tanya

Kotal and Shao not related or anything is interesting and like someone said on here, 'Kahn' may just be a title.

If gameplay is like MK9 but easier, GREAT!!

8 chars from MK9 eh?

So lets see- Scorp and SubZ are two of the 8? MK9 chars so, 6 left, then possibly Cage and/or sonya(if just one of them then 5, if both than 4 old guys left.
No surprise there if Kang is in there so 3 or 4(if one of the cage family doesnt make it in, OR Liu is a Big Bad and not on the playable roster) left.

So if 4 then...im gonna guess mileena or Reptile(if the 'creature' is infact reptile), Kitana, Raiden, Quan Chi?. If 3 then kitana(i know one of them is gonna be in there) or Reptile(if he is the creature), Quan Chi, Raiden(If Raiden is not the Big Bad).

I know quan chi will be back.

14 new guys? well i guess 10 new guys left since 4 were already seen.

There'd better NOT be a demo. That was responsible for spoiler leaks the last time. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing more than once and expecting different results.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk