Rumor: Story spoilers

Sounds like it's lifted from IMDB, and IMDB is not known for it's accuracy in the past. They do have it right that Kiefer is not listed as on the game at least, so they got that going for them.

Sounds like it's lifted from IMDB, and IMDB is not known for it's accuracy in the past. They do have it right that Kiefer is not listed as on the game at least, so they got that going for them.

Yeah, it is from IMDb. Saw it last night.

Considering the IMDb page doesn't even have a poster for the game yet, or a trailer - I refuse to accept a plot point that has in no way been mentioned from any official source.

1. As cool as this may be, I don't trust IMDB and I advise others to do the same.
2. If this ends up being true, and ends up being the focal point of Story Mode, that would be hands down the dumbest thing NRS did with the story of a canon MK game. Save that shit for Fire and Ice, I want to play Story Mode so I know what happens to the Heroes and Villains.

1. As cool as this may be, I don't trust IMDB and I advise others to do the same.
2. If this ends up being true, and ends up being the focal point of Story Mode, that would be hands down the dumbest thing NRS did with the story of a canon MK game. Save that shit for Fire and Ice, I want to play Story Mode so I know what happens to the Heroes and Villains.
They're the stars of MK. It's about time the main story of a major installment revolves around them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

2. If this ends up being true, and ends up being the focal point of Story Mode, that would be hands down the dumbest thing NRS did with the story of a canon MK game.

I also hope it doesn't end up being the focal point of MK X.

I want to know how Cassie was trained by Sonya and Johnny.
What happened to Raiden, Johnny and Sonya after the events of MK9?
Who is this Sub-Zero? Bi-Han, Kuai-Liang or someone new?
Are Ferra/Torr and D'Vorah enemies?
Their lines seem to be pretty specific to each other like Sub-Zero and Scorpion's lines are to each other.
What are Shinnok and Quan Chi up to?
Who the hell is this Kotal Kahn dude?

Save that shit for Fire and Ice, I want to play Story Mode so I know what happens to the Heroes and Villains.
Agreed 100%.

Don't get too excited. It's probably not true. It may happen within the story, but it's definitely not the main plot.
Tekken's main plot revolves around its primary stars (the Mishima family). Why can't MK's do so even for only ONE major installment?

[MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION]

Okay let's see... Two and a Half Men, for example. Charlie Sheen was the star, but the show revolves around Alan and Jake mostly.

Same shit with MK. Scorpion and Subby are the Stars, story revolves around Earthrealm's Heroes and their adversaries.

If you're gonna reply to me with some shit saying "well it's about time the Stars should get their Star treatment", please don't bother.

[MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION]

Okay let's see... Two and a Half Men, for example. Charlie Sheen was the star, but the show revolves around Alan and Jake mostly.

Same shit with MK. Scorpion and Subby are the Stars, story revolves around Earthrealm's Heroes and their adversaries.

And what happened to that show when Sheen got canned?

Don't get too excited. It's probably not true. It may happen within the story, but it's definitely not the main plot.

That's my thoughts on the matter. Sounds like something that could be a part of the story, but no way the entire game is based around that. It's so poorly written on IMDB as well that it's definitely not official marketing copy or anything, it's simply something that was submitted by a user to IMDB.

We may not actually know the actual storyline until 2015, we didn't know MK9s until it came out pretty much. Same goes for Injustice.

Yay...

Can you tell how happy this made me? :hmmmm2:

LOL sadly we have to keep waiting to hopefully hear of Kitana's involvement in this game. Sadly I am no longer holding by breath after what they did to her in MK9. :(

/me goes off to play some MK2.

You guy's saying you don't want the story to revolve around sub and scorp have completely gone full retard if you think they won't talk about all the other characters and what happens to them as well. There has never been an MK game that regardless of how the story starts out or who the "main" characters are, completely focused on them and ignored the rest of the cast. Yes they should absolutely start there storyline with those two being super bud's double dragon style or whatever the hell they plan because 1.) that would be totally bad-ass and about damn time.. and 2.) There story will obviously bleed into the rest of the cast telling what happens to everyone.

I for one would rather have the main guy's in the story (as we know they will most likely serve as narrative purposes to tell the stories of the other characters) be two of the most iconic characters in fighting game history. What I sure as hell don't want is for guy's like them or other staple characters in the series that have been around forever to get completely sidelined in the story.. f***ing hate that.

You guy's saying you don't want the story to revolve around sub and scorp have completely gone full retard if you think they won't talk about all the other characters and what happens to them as well. There has never been an MK game that regardless of how the story starts out or who the "main" characters are, completely focused on them and ignored the rest of the cast. Yes they should absolutely start there storyline with those two being super bud's double dragon style or whatever the hell they plan because 1.) that would be totally bad-ass and about damn time.. and 2.) There story will obviously bleed into the rest of the cast telling what happens to everyone.

I for one would rather have the main guy's in the story (as we know they will most likely serve as narrative purposes to tell the stories of the other characters) be two of the most iconic characters in fighting game history. What I sure as hell don't want is for guy's like them or other staple characters in the series that have been around forever to get completely sidelined in the story.. f***ing hate that.

215327.gif

I no want scorpio and sub xero as main kharcters.... Dats is silly.

Star characters are entitled to star treatment

Not in a game with 20 or more characters involved. Scorpion and Sub Zero getting star treatment in their own spin off game, sure. Sounds great.

Not in a game with a massive cast like MK. The plot on IMDb is perfect spin off material, though.