Ferra Torr backstory?

I am interested in that as well. Why does he cover his face? It is such an abnormal, questionable form of face cover (the fact it appears to be a sac, not even a proper mask) has me thinking there is a backstory behind it. Characters like Scorpion and Sub Zero have masks because they look cool and cohesive with the rest of their costume, but Torr's looks odd. There is definitely some mystery. Like Kabal's mask, it must serve a purpose. And like I said above, Ed Boon said in a gameplay interview that "the storyline explains it all" when someone asked if we can expect to see Ferra & Torr's story.

I think that the Jungle stage has something to do with Ferra / Torr.

That statue seems to be too much of a coincidence, but who knows?
It could be something unrelated like another Warrior's Shrine.

Ferra statue.jpg

I have to step in here and bring up a little bit of information...

Take a look at Torr's mask...it resembles guards from the Prison of Souls...(MKSM) and didn't Neitherrealm have some huge bad ass beasts on that level?

http://youtu.be/tJ3twaU32V8

This guy playing the game sucks but around 3 mins in he's fighting guys with similar head wraps...
Could Ferra be a warden for the prison and torr be her enforcer...they are definitely dressed for the part...
My guess is they will be part of the Netherrealm invasion.

They don't quite match the Outworld look IMO, they are brutal and look to be from hell..Plus Netherrealm had all sorts of huge beasts banging around down there..

Ferra and Torr look like random Mauraders. Something that matches Outworld much more than the Netherrealm.

The dialogue they have with D'Vorah doesn't mean much either since it's just versus mode smack talk. Cassie also talks shit to herself in a mirror match, doesn't have any effect on her story.

And the Chaos Realm was mentioned in Noob Saibot's ending. Along with Havik.

And I think the Orderrealm was mentioned in Johnny Cage's ending

Speaking of those realms, I don't think they're from the Chaosrealm.
People from the Chaosrealm don't even like being asked questions, because they think it forces them to give an answer.
They're way to chaotic to take orders from each other.

Regardless of whether or not the endings are canon, they still state the existence of the realms.
They wouldn't mention the realms if they had no plans to use them.

Besides, Havik is probably the most recognizable/memorable 3D MK character. He's almost guaranteed for MKX

Yeah, i didn't even notice the statue til some other people pointed it out.

I do think Ferra is the unknown race.
Why else would she be so tiny?
She's probably part of some sort of Outworld hobbit type race or something.

And you're argument about the Chaosrealm doesn't make sense.
The Chaosrealm is a very real place in Mortal Kombat.

Read somewhere that the inscription on her head means "wolf" something. Then we see that paiting on her face.

Oh, c'mon. Nightwolf got laid? :laugh:

Torr doesn't really look demonic though. He's just buff with red eyes.
He looks much more like he is from Outworld imo. He gives off a barbarian vibe to me.

198810.jpg

Not a demon

Well since you want to get technical...GORO's original concept...

I'm gonna go ahead and stop you right there.
Original concept =/= current concept.

plus that's like 1 picture of goro with red eyes...ive seen a lot more of Goro with yellow eyes,
Red eyes
Da_goro_krypt_art.jpg

Red eyes
gorocomic.jpg

Goro had red eyes for a looong time. From the comics, to the games.
The only way you would have seen more pictures with yellow eyes would be if you only looked at MK9 Goro.
Because that's the only Goro with yellow eyes.

Red eyes =/= demon decent
Red eyes =/= netherrealm decent
Goro is proof!

For all we know dragons can come from a demon species...its not like there's some kind of chart to prove it but demons and dragons have close relationships..plus that's like 1 picture of goro with red eyes...ive seen a lot more of Goro with yellow eyes, Just accept it! Toor is a executioner from the underworld and Ferra is his Boss...:) Is that really too hard to swallow?? im going to bug ed boon all day tomorrow on twitter about this LOL!

You really need to stop double/triple posting. Use the edit button.

Oh yea im def holding my theroy true...Sarrena had face paint too...I highly doubt they are from outworld...

ALSO! Her eye shadow is in the same pattern as Quan Chis...around the eyes...just accept it guys..you were wrong :p

Facepaint =/= netherrealm decent.

Plus, it doesn't look like Quan Chi or Sareena's facepaint.
It's not even black.

I put my rep on it.

What rep?

EDIT: Just to clarify, my theory is...

Ferra = Outworld decent. IMO the little statue in the jungle has to be related to Ferra and her "race".
Ferra is the only one who is that tiny.

And I have no idea what to think of Torr right now.
Id rather see his face before jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:
Yeah, i didn't even notice the statue til some other people pointed it out.

I do think Ferra is the unknown race.
Why else would she be so tiny?

She's probably part of some sort of Outworld hobbit type race or something.

And you're argument about the Chaosrealm doesn't make sense.
The Chaosrealm is a very real place in Mortal Kombat.

Say that to Warwick Davis. I dare you. I double dare you.