Ferra Torr backstory?

They probably met at the Outworld marketplace. Ferra was homeless, an orphan, struggling to survive. She tried to steal some stuff, was chased and got caught, but in prison she found Torr. He used to be a good guy, but was treated poorly, like Ferra, and was kept there for some crime and might've been tortured and intoxicated with some mind-altering drug. Ferra, after a while, thanks to her small size, found a way to escape and freed Torr. They fell in love and protect each other.

The red eye reminds me of Kahn's red eyes. Perhaps another descendant? I could picture a face similar to Kahn's behind that mask. Could somewhat explain his big build too.

Shao_Kahn_comic.jpg

Abandoned at birth? Now I'm just talking out of my ass. :p

Nah, I think it's more likely his face was destroyed by acid or something when they tortured him. He's probably too shy and ashamed of himself to look in the mirror and can't see properly. That's why he needs Ferra to navigate him. Not to mention from above she has a better perspective.

I really hope that they are of neutral alignment.
They'd just be shitty jobber goons if they were working for some bad boss guy, but if they were just random bandits I could see them as being the comic relief characters. Ferra has a charm to her, and if Torr's relation to her is more of a guardian and less of a pet then I could see them becoming fan favorites.

I really hope that they are of neutral alignment.
They'd just be shitty jobber goons if they were working for some bad boss guy, but if they were just random bandits I could see them as being the comic relief characters. Ferra has a charm to her, and if Torr's relation to her is more of a guardian and less of a pet then I could see them becoming fan favorites.
After watching them fight, I see a strong guardian relationship more than a master-and-pet relationship. I can't wait to see their story unfold.

Hmmmm this just popped in my head!

What if Torr is a Big Burly Brute...wait for it....

TARKATAN

He some how lost his Blades or he was born without them (Shunned) and wander the realms until meeting up with Ferra!

Good Idea, Bad Idea, IDK it just popped in my head and i figure i'd share it with ya'll!

tumblr_nb1ctssBLx1rc75zuo1_250.gif

Last edited:
I hope that it's more of a guardian relationship than a slave/master type. It's way too predictable of the slave/master relationship because of how "dumb" yet brute the slave would be, and the master would be annoying and have the Napoleon complex.

And I seriously hope, for the arcade ending of theirs, that Torr doesn't somehow become overpowered and kills Ferra because of some random, mysterious force that allows him to overcome her. That would just be A.) Too goddamn predictable and B.) too goddamn stupid.

At least with the guardian relationship, there'd be multiple ways you can have for their ending.

I'm hoping for the guardian relationship too, but something about the variations makes me doubt it.
The Ruthless variation has Ferra stabbing Torr to enrage him. This makes Ferra look like his master to me.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it. Back when we saw Torr vs Kotal, we can't hear the entire intro. But at the very end of their exchange we can hear Ferra say to Kotal "We big boss now!". So maybe they're more like partners?

Hmmmm this just popped in my head!

What if Torr is a Big Burly Brute...wait for it....

TARKATAN

He some how lost his Blades or he was born without them (Shunned) and wander the realms until meeting up with Ferra!

Good Idea, Bad Idea, IDK it just popped in my head and i figure i'd share it with ya'll!

I don't know who you are.
And I don't know how you read my mind but I was thinking that exact same thing about Torr a few days after I saw his design

I just... thank you

I'm hoping for the guardian relationship too, but something about the variations makes me doubt it.

not only that, but after watching some Ferra/Torr gameplay im thinking its Ferra whos in charge. Ed Boon was talking to somebody during the video, and im pretty sure he implied that Ferra is controlling Torr in some way.

ED: Torr is sort of this big monster guy with a little lady on his shoulders, who sort of gives him commands.

OTHER GUY: so shes kinda controlling him? okay.

ED:yeah.

i dont know though. it could just mean Ferra is the smarter of the two so she gives the commands. they could still be "partners". If they were from the Chaosrealm, the stabbing could be in relation to Haviks self mutilation moves, where hes snapping his neck and such.

Outworld is a big and strange universe, it probally has slaved many races and merged other realities, Torr looks like one of those descendants of "barbarian" races.

Ed Boon said that the storymode for MKX will cover "a lot" about them, so I sincerely doubt they're just some grunt fighter like Baraka or Sheeva who pop up when it's convenient. I think there's a lot of effort being put into making them likable, and it's working because they seem to be a fan favorite.

They're obviously of the same species based on my speculation. I don't think it's a father/daughter relationship because I don't think Torr would be okay with taking his daughter into battle. I'm willing to bet they're partners in crime, maybe brother & sister or just really close companions. Ferra's hyper, energetic attitude makes me think she is going to be a comedic relief in the story, like Johnny Cage.

I noticed that Ferra, in the two variations she's on his back, she pierces him with her claws, like he was a horse and she wanted him to run faster. This looks to me that he is some kind of minion or protector, or even slave. I mean, I wouldn't be piercing a partner or a brother with claws that can split a man in half just to say "hey big boy fight harder!".

I noticed that Ferra, in the two variations she's on his back, she pierces him with her claws, like he was a horse and she wanted him to run faster. This looks to me that he is some kind of minion or protector, or even slave. I mean, I wouldn't be piercing a partner or a brother with claws that can split a man in half just to say "hey big boy fight harder!".

it would make sense if they were from the Chaosrealm.

And Torr also hurts Ferra...by throwing her around and stuff.

I'm assuming Ferra's name might be derived from ferral. So obviously she must be orphaned by maybe Torr. There's no telling which realm their from but its mostly Outworld. It would make things fresh if they came from a different realm. I have no idea beyond that point really.

Maybe it's a pet and master relationship. You know what they say: you can kick the shit out of a dog, but he will still come back for food (I do not condone animal abuse!) so maybe there's something special about Ferra that allows her to have complete dominance over Torr. I think the story would be pretty lame if it was a Master & Slave relationship. There's gotta be a reason why he tolerates it: if not them being family members, then they must benefit off each other somehow. I guess I am reading too much into it. It could just be something as simple as Torr loves Ferra too much to hurt her (with the exception of throwing her around like a rag doll but I guess she's wearing armor.)

Oh, I forgot something. There's a certain fatality that may show Torr's face. It leaked I think last month, I don't know if you saw it, it has already been taken down. It was:

Spoiler:
Scorpion's fatality on E3. He blows up the chest of the opponent (on that case, obviously was Sub-Zero :laugh:), then the heart appears. The almost deceased opponent falls on his/her knees, and Scorpion takes out his sword, then slices somewhere you can't see at first glance.On the case of Sub-Zero, and maybe Torr, the mask felt off, and you see that he has cut exactly the face of the opponent, you see his/her face, then the face falls, and you see the brains, the tongue, the nose and the eyes gone. The opponent falls.