Speculation on D'Vorah's Species

CaptainJingo

So, since I am rather curious, what species and realm do you think D'Vorah belongs to? Boon keeps describing her as "half-bug, half-human", but we likely won't know until he releases more information about her, most likely in a character reveal trailer. I am torn between two hypotheses myself. Part of me thinks she was a human who either willingly or unwillingly underwent a scientific experiment to control insects, basically turning her into a supersoldier. The side effects gave her the appearance she has now. If that is not the case, then I think she will be a new species from Outworld or some new realm.

What about you? What do you guys think?

I doubt it's science that turned her into that, probably black magic or sorcery.
Even though Ed says she's half human, he's still the same guy that calls Sub-Zero a ninja and pronounces Sektor's name as "Secter". So I'll wait until she gets a vignette or bio out.

But I'm guessing she has some sort of connection to the Living Forest. Or maybe some unseen realm entirely, like Nitara.

I doubt it's science that turned her into that, probably black magic or sorcery.
Even though Ed says she's half human, he's still the same guy that calls Sub-Zero a ninja and pronounces Sektor's name as "Secter". So I'll wait until she gets a vignette or bio out.

But I'm guessing she has some sort of connection to the Living Forest. Or maybe some unseen realm entirely, like Nitara.

I have no idea why I brought science into the dicussion. You're right; Mortal Kombat is a magic-centric game. Hm, a connection to the Living Forest? That sounds interesting, actually.

Until proven otherwise, I still assume we're gonna see some kind of Game of Thrones style War of the Realms.

So I assume she is from some other realm, most likely Outworld.

She does have a certain Hellish quality to her though. I could see her being from the Netherrealm as a kind of biblical reference to one of the four horsemen, Pestilence. Her name is Hebrew, so that adds to the Judeo/Christian connection.

Or I could be totally wrong, who knows?

Its clear cut that she is from the Honey nut realm

200_s.gif

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

Im going to guess Outworld or a smaller realm that Shao Kahn once merged with Outworld, much like that of Nitara's realm.

I think she's just naturally that beautiful. but if magic did make her that way, I'd blame Quan Chi and/or Shinnok. I really hope that Reptile is in the game. I want to see Reptile VS D'Vorah.

It's obvious she has some Insect features, closely representing a Honey Bee, Bumblebee, Yellow Jacket or Wasp, but her exact origins remain a mystery as of now. The only realms I can think of that house Monsters are Outworld and the Neatherreal. I personally think she was created from Outworlds Flesh Pits.