Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 80

Thread: D'Vorah General Discussion

  1. #1
    Shaolin Monk Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,102
    Thanked: 202
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    D'Vorah General Discussion



    Discuss about D'Vorah in this thread.




    Her 3 variations:

    -Swarm Queen
    -Venomous
    -Brood Mother





    Known quotes:

    Ferra/Torr Intro:

    -D'Vorah: "You offend this one Ferra!"
    -Ferra: "What LadyBug do about that?"
    -D'Vorah: "Exterminate!"


    Cassie Cage Intro:

    -D'Vorah: "Puny Weakling!"
    -Cassie Cage: "Look who's talking maggot mouth!"
    -D'Vorah: "Perhaps, I'll eat your tongue first!"


    After winning 1st round:

    -"As you suffer we enjoy!"

    When using her swarming bees move:

    -"Siege my children!"




    Gameplay Videos:




    Last edited by Rider; 06-19-2014 at 10:12 AM.

  2. #2
    Lin Kuei Assassin Flying Jinko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Shujinko's Beard
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,909
    Thanked: 340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    I'm most interested in the race she belongs too and which realm she resides in. My bet is on Outworld, since it always seemed like a place where an amalgam of races exist. I however hope her storyline won't be the "Shao Kahn/Onaga enslaved my people and destroyed my home and so I want revenge" sort of thing, it has been tried and tested already with many characters, Im hoping for something more creative.

  3. #3
    Tarkatan Warrior danduffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Age
    32
    Posts
    333
    Xbox Live
    danduffy
    Thanked: 13
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    She is related to goldust goldust.jpg

    goldust43-1902316.jpg

  4. #4
    Shaolin Monk Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,102
    Thanked: 202
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    ^ Well that doesn't even look like her.

  5. #5
    Tarkatan Warrior danduffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Age
    32
    Posts
    333
    Xbox Live
    danduffy
    Thanked: 13
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    Ok, i thought she did a bit.

  6. #6
    Emperor of Outworld Nasty_Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    By the Hourglass.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,633
    PSN
    Cassandra_Jade
    Thanked: 346
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    In her X-Ray, did she impale the lower back of the victim first or the coccyx with her tentacles before impaling the back if the head through the mouth?

    You'll believe God is a woman.

  7. #7
    Kombatant CaptainJingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Age
    25
    Posts
    110
    Thanked: 18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    I'd say I feel wrong to think she's sexy, but I don't care... For some reason, she's one of the sexiest MK girls I've ever seen, even if she doesn't have hair.

    Unless they reveal someone I like even more, she will likely be my main.

  8. #8
    Emperor of Outworld Immortal Reaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,654
    Xbox Live
    SSyrax
    Thanked: 664
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    lawlz. Calling out mains before a game even comes out goes through about 0% of the time.

  9. #9
    Ruler of NetherRealm Ricochetmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,144
    Thanked: 886
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJingo View Post
    I'd say I feel wrong to think she's sexy, but I don't care... For some reason, she's one of the sexiest MK girls I've ever seen, even if she doesn't have hair.

    Unless they reveal someone I like even more, she will likely be my main.
    It's okay to think she's sexy. I always thought the idea of Chameleon was pretty hot.


  10. #10
    Kombatant CaptainJingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Age
    25
    Posts
    110
    Thanked: 18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochetmatt View Post
    It's okay to think she's sexy. I always thought the idea of Chameleon was pretty hot.

    You make me feel substantially better. I think one thing that helps me get into her is that the lines on her cheeks kind of remind me of a Drell's face, for some reason. I love me some aliens.

  11. #11
    Shaolin Monk Last_Starfighta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Somewhere saving teh galaxy!
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,729
    PSN
    Last_Starfighta
    Thanked: 285
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    That victory pose in the second video is.......terrifying.
    No Guts No Glory

  12. #12
    Ruler of NetherRealm Ricochetmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,144
    Thanked: 886
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJingo View Post
    You make me feel substantially better. I think one thing that helps me get into her is that the lines on her cheeks kind of remind me of a Drell's face, for some reason. I love me some aliens.
    The Drell are pretty sexy. Not gonna lie. lol My fiance just called me a creep. Ah well. *shrug*

  13. #13
    Kombatant CaptainJingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Age
    25
    Posts
    110
    Thanked: 18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochetmatt View Post
    The Drell are pretty sexy. Not gonna lie. lol My fiance just called me a creep. Ah well. *shrug*
    Don't call her siha, then! :P

    Seriously, if I can find a four-armed beastwoman sexy, then I guess bugwomen deserve love too. I will give Netherrealm points for making D'Vorah's face look attractive. Sure, she's a mutant/monster, but she doesn't have a man-face. I guess it's ironically easier to make feminine faces for non-humans.

  14. #14
    Kombatant Cyberote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Age
    26
    Posts
    156
    Thanked: 30
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJingo View Post
    I'd say I feel wrong to think she's sexy, but I don't care... For some reason, she's one of the sexiest MK girls I've ever seen, even if she doesn't have hair.

    Unless they reveal someone I like even more, she will likely be my main.
    I thought I was the only one lol. Im not a fan of bald girls, but I find her attractive with her hood up.

    Anyway... D'vorra seems like she'll be a really awesome character. Her moveset looks like it'll be really fun to play around with. She's my favorite new character so far.

  15. #15
    Elder God Shirayuki Mizore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,992
    Thanked: 945
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    She lacks hair.

    Booooo.

  16. #16
    Kombatant CaptainJingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Age
    25
    Posts
    110
    Thanked: 18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki Mizore View Post
    She lacks hair.

    Booooo.
    You can always make an exception for such a lovely bug-thing.

  17. #17
    Lin Kuei Assassin Kitty_55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Gristol, Dunwall
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,064
    PSN
    Kitty_1205
    Thanked: 718
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    Out of all of the newer characters, I think she might be the best one that I like.

    Everything about this character I like. I'm glad that she doesn't have hair, not every single female in this game needs to have long, flowing hair. Her move sets are interesting, definitely going to see which variation I'm going to have to stick with. I like her fatality, I'm dying to know what the other one looks like (despite that I don't really want to be spoiled).

    The one thing that pisses me off though, is that people are actually comparing her to Sarah Kerrigan. Honestly, I have no words for those so-called "fans" of Starcraft when neither of these two are remotely close. Was D'Vorah's creation inspired from Kerrigan? I don't see it, for those who have, I'd like an explanation how.

    Yeash.

  18. #18
    New Kombatant Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    33
    Thanked: 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty_55 View Post
    The one thing that pisses me off though, is that people are actually comparing her to Sarah Kerrigan. Honestly, I have no words for those so-called "fans" of Starcraft when neither of these two are remotely close. Was D'Vorah's creation inspired from Kerrigan? I don't see it, for those who have, I'd like an explanation how.

    Yeash.
    If anything her character design, with that hood she wears and her insect oriented theme, is reminiscent of Sadira from the new Killer Instinct game. Beyond that I'd say she's a pretty unique character.


    The Sarah Kerrigan comparisons seems to mostly stem from those blades Kerrigan sports on her back.

    Apart from that both characters really aren't anything alike to be honest.

  19. #19
    New Kombatant
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty_55 View Post
    Out of all of the newer characters, I think she might be the best one that I like.

    Everything about this character I like. I'm glad that she doesn't have hair, not every single female in this game needs to have long, flowing hair. Her move sets are interesting, definitely going to see which variation I'm going to have to stick with. I like her fatality, I'm dying to know what the other one looks like (despite that I don't really want to be spoiled).

    The one thing that pisses me off though, is that people are actually comparing her to Sarah Kerrigan. Honestly, I have no words for those so-called "fans" of Starcraft when neither of these two are remotely close. Was D'Vorah's creation inspired from Kerrigan? I don't see it, for those who have, I'd like an explanation how.

    Yeash.
    D'Vorah does seem interesting especially with the bug poker thingies from her back

    As far as her being compared to sarah kerrigan
    I don't see how you would be able to compare that much besides the fact that she commands bug swarms and has stuff coming from her back
    Seems more like a joke to compare her to sarah
    but who knows maybe D'vorah was a human with psionic powers hatched from a chrysalis by a giant alien eyeball brain
    which then led her to manipulate and betray all major factions at the current time with swarms of biological creatures
    oh and Samir Duran would probably be there too

  20. #20
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: D'Vorah General Discussion

    Sorry everyone who knows me, I took a 3 or 4 year hiatus from TRMK.
    Still not really back but hey, I thought I'd visit!

    D'Vorah looks like she's going to be my new favorite if Mileena isn't in this game. She's so unique and I love her style and outfit and her fatalities are amazing.


Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. what does DíVorah say to ferra/tora
    By danduffy in forum D'Vorah
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-13-2014, 04:35 PM
  2. The On Blast Show General Discussion, Current & Archived Episodes!
    By DarKNaTaS in forum Tournaments, Streams and Special Events
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-25-2013, 05:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •