Hardcore, Post-Hardcore, Metalcore... basically all 'core' subbgenres thread.

Kzaoo

Well, since there's a rap thread, a metal thread, so I thought that I might as well make a thread for 'Core' music.

Post Hardcore

Thursday - understanding in a car crash

Finch - Letters to you

Fugazi - Merchandise

Hawthorne Heights - Ohio is for lovers

Sunny Day Real Estate - Pillars

Saosin - Seven years

Circa Survive - In the morning and amazing

Hardcore

Bane - Can we start again

Agnostic Front - Gotta go

Black Flag - Rise Above

Metalcore

Northlane - Dispossession

August Burns Red - Meddler

Breakdown of Sanity - The Writer

Parkway Drive - Frostbite

I don't want to post too many songs, so that's it for now. Share your favourite 'core' songs (If any of you guys even listen to 'core' music).

Last edited:
The sound of animals fighting

thought you might appreciate this one, i actually went and saw them recently for their first shows in like 8 years in Philadelphia. I live in Michigan.

Chiodos

Really awesome michigan band, just got Craig Owens back.

Dont want to double post, never could grasp the vidoe posting thing, so i have two more

Ah, I love The Sound of Animals Fighting. Anthony Green is one of the most talented people in the industry. Chiodos are great, too. I think my favourite song by them is 'All Nereids Beware.'

I'd really love to see TSoAF live, but I haven't :( It's a shame. What really killed me is that I can't see Saosin's reunion with Anthony because I live in the UK.

That does suck, I mean I had a 12 hour drive to go see tsoaf. and hopefully saosin is gonna come out with a new record with him. i cant make it to riot fest where they're playing but i think they may have another string of shows i may be able to get to. here's a couple more

A lot like birds

Kurt Travis from DGD, this band is just so good

Dance Gavin Dance

The latest incarnation of this band, who's singers have gone from Johnny Craig, to Kurt Travis, and now Tillian Pearson. one of the most solid bands in this genre, mostly because of Will Swan (guitarist) and Matt Mingus (drums) who are the only members that have been in the band since the start.

I could go on for days with bands and facts

Dance Gavin Dance are another of my favourites. I remember listening to 'Carl Barker' on repeat when it came out for the first time. The vocals are so good... and the instrumentals are amazing.

I've only listened to a few songs by A lot like birds, but after hearing that, I've gotta listen to more.

Megosh

This band isn't very well-known at all. I think they're getting more popular because, if I recall correctly, the singer appeared in an Alesana song but I really like them. They have a good sound.

This band is too under appreciated, too. They have the Circa Survive sound going for them a little.

Hail the Sun

I generally have a strong dislike for almost all core music. Personally, I feel it's very formulaic and bland, and for the most part all together uninteresting to listen to. That said, there are a couple of bands in the core genres that I love.

I suppose it's up for debate whether this could really be considered core, but yeah.

Less poppy, more metal.

That's great stuff, Toxic. I'll have to look into that band more.

A lot of core music is really bland, I'll admit. I tend to listen to older post hardcore bands, which aren't like most of the core music you come across today. I can't listen to shitty bands like Sleeping With Sirens, or Of Mice and Men. I can't listen to bands like Emmure, either (worst band of all time) which just consist of shitty lyrics and breakdowns.

Good post hardcore music, though, is a real gem. Bands like The Fall of Troy, Circa Survive and Thursday make the genre worth listening to and good metalcore exists in bands like Northlane and Architects. Deathcore is a bit iffy, but bands like Make Them Suffer are great.

However, none of the songs in this thread are poppy at all. Most are leaning more to the punk and alternative genres... or for the metalcore, it's not really shitty metalcore.

Right you are, and I love Hail the Sun. other bands that are definately worth checking out would be stolas, I the Mighty, Affiance, Comadre (more screamo punk), Squid the Whale (whose singer will be the new Emarosa vocalist), Slaves (new johnny craig), Secret Band, the Browning (if you like heavy tracks with screaming and techno in the mix), Treebeard, and the fall of troy. plus half of these bands vocalists have solo music as well which is usually good as well

Lol, most of those bands are ones that I really really love (especially stolas, Affiance, The Browning and Secret band). Slaves are okay... I just feel that Jonny Craig has done a lot better in the past. Their stuff kind of sounds like Memphis May Fire, and I don't like that band very much.

I would recommend Hands Like Houses, Lower Definition, Vanna (maybe...).

When I was younger, I really loved Scary Kids Scaring Kids. They're not that amazing, but I still love their music. Probably for the nostalgia. The singer (Tyson Stevens) is in a new band called Coma Prevail with members of The Bled in it, too. Pretty cool melodic Hardcore stuff.

Lol, most of those bands are ones that I really really love (especially stolas, Affiance, The Browning and Secret band). Slaves are okay... I just feel that Jonny Craig has done a lot better in the past. Their stuff kind of sounds like Memphis May Fire, and I don't like that band very much.

I would recommend Hands Like Houses, Lower Definition, Vanna (maybe...).

When I was younger, I really loved Scary Kids Scaring Kids. They're not that amazing, but I still love their music. Probably for the nostalgia. The singer (Tyson Stevens) is in a new band called Coma Prevail with members of The Bled in it, too. Pretty cool melodic Hardcore stuff.

are you me? cause you like pretty much every band I can think of. hands like houses are awesome, and i have two shirts signed by sksk

Haha, I was thinking exactly the same thing. I didn't expect to come across somebody with such similar music tastes to me on TRMK.

Silverstein have been such a consistently good band over the past 10, or 11 years they've been together.

Silverstein have been such a consistently good band over the past 10, or 11 years they've been together.

you've done it again, i love silverstein, last time i saw them was with glass cloud. favorite time was in like 2008 with chiodos and a skylit drive.

favorite song

I last saw them in 2011 in London. Smashed into pieces was the first song I ever heard by them. It's definitely in my top 5. My favourite is probably Call it Karma, if not Smile in your sleep. I also love friends fall into the river.

Ah, I'm having flashbacks to when I was 15 now.

all good songs, i talked about comadre earlier, short songs, screamo punk from california but they hit hard and just the instrumentation itself is so good and put together so well. you gotta listen to these and tell me what you think.

and

First track is great. Instrumentals feel like a throwback to early 2000s punk in the beginning with a lot of energy being built up, which is great and then the riff near the end is really great. It's like the 'release,' kind of like a coiled up spring. Vocals are amazing, too. The screams sound like somebody else's, but I can't put a finger on who. Undeniably great musical talent.

Second track is really good, too. I really love the punk and even slight indie sound this band has. I can't help but be pulled in by the vocals and everything just melds so well into each other. Great band from what I've heard.

These are literally first impression I was writing as I was listening. I tens to take a step away from technical things on the first listen and just appreciate the music for what it is, so it's not incredibly deep, but I do absolutely love what I heard so far.

First track is great. Instrumentals feel like a throwback to early 2000s punk in the beginning with a lot of energy being built up, which is great and then the riff near the end is really great. It's like the 'release,' kind of like a coiled up spring. Vocals are amazing, too. The screams sound like somebody else's, but I can't put a finger on who. Undeniably great musical talent.

Second track is really good, too. I really love the punk and even slight indie sound this band has. I can't help but be pulled in by the vocals and everything just melds so well into each other. Great band from what I've heard.

These are literally first impression I was writing as I was listening. I tens to take a step away from technical things on the first listen and just appreciate the music for what it is, so it's not incredibly deep, but I do absolutely love what I heard so far.

well that is their most recent album and actually their longest album. the one before this was a total of 12 minutes long. definately check out the rest of this album like this song

this is the only album you can get on itunes or anything and its really hard to find any of their music. i saw them once with la dispute and they set up in the crowd with everyone standing around

The browning is really awesome, my buddy played a show with them once. they were with design the skyline (complete crap) who was headlining and once the browning was done everyone left hahaha

I'll have to buy that, then. Have you ever listened to Circle Takes The Square? The atmosphere is always amazing.

Vocals start at 4 minutes in. It's such a beautiful song. You're lulled in by the psychedelic instrumentals, and then the screams come in. I just can't get enough of them.

i thought i heard the name before but maybe not. i like it, even though they sound almost nothing alike they kind of remind me of the bunny the bear

i love them, even though his screams arent the greatest it just fits