Hardcore, Post-Hardcore, Metalcore... basically all 'core' subbgenres thread.

i love how when you replace the last letter of their name you get a totally different band. oceano. i like oceana though, rise puts out some good music. anything with kurt travis is gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMGE1OJtbpQ

and treebeard for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF1Fm28lgPM

Yeah, I've been listening to a lot of Treebeard recently, too. I think they count as ambient hardcore? Either way, I love their stuff. Vanitas and Constance in particular.

I hadn't heard the first song you posted before. Good stuff. I love Kurt Travis.

We have not mentioned Fear Before the March of Flames here. I must fix this.

oh man good good stuff. we also have not mentioned in fear and faith (not circa). theyre pretty consistent

also confide

I LOVE in fear and faith (both the band and the circa song). This thread is making me remember loads of bands that I haven't listened to in a while. Confide is new to me (I don't know how, b/c they're just the sort of band I like... but I never listened to them before).

I'll go for Hands of the Martyr. This is what August Burns Red would sound like if they did post hardcore.

Can't forget Being as an Ocean. Great band.

oh man i love being as an ocean, never heard hands of the martyr but good stuff. right now im just trying to think of everyone i've ever seen at warped

I've never actually been to warped. I've been to Glastonbury, Sonnisphere, download and stuff like that, though.

Just gotta mention this band: Shreddy Krueger. They're pretty damn good. I first found about them because a member of Dying Fetus was wearing a Shirt of theirs :laugh:

Cleans kind of sound like Brandon from Chiodos, maybe... a little. I like this band a lot, though.

Perhaps one of the catchiest songs of all time? At least, for me it is. I haven't listened to this in years, but I just randomly started singing it earlier. Damn. I actually love this song so much as well as trapped. DBA used to be so good.

DBA are Swedish, I think.

Never heard of those guys. They're Japanese, right? I can think of a few good Japanese bands.

I've really been feeling melodic hardcore today.

This is probably my third favourite core genre (My first being emotive hardcore, second being progressive post hardcore). It just has that rawness of hardcore music along with the emotion of emo. I love it so much.

Oh, God... the nostalgia.

Shit, this was a real blast from the past. I loved this song so damn much back when it came out. It's like playing crash bandicoot again after years... still as good as ever, even if my tastes have changed a lot.

UK needs some more love come to think of it.

Holy shit... that sounds like what I thought Metalcore would sound like before I actually listened to it. So damn good. I love the vocals so much. How have I never heard of that band before? Cheers for the share, Hamato.

I've been listening to a lot of emo stuff lately.

I honestly feel like shit after listening to Sunny Day Real Estate, but it's refreshing in a weird way.

This band reminds me of Circa Survive. Like, their stuff on Violent Waves, but, with fewer highs. It's quite jazzy. I like it a lot.

I don't think you scrublords understand how much I adore Silverstein. One of the best bands in the genre:

I can't think of a single bad song they've released and they've been active for 11 years

Yo [MENTION=10998]iViTal[/MENTION]

Secret band have released a new song :love: I'm getting DGD Downtown Battle Mountain vibes from it.
Jon Mess and Will Swan :love:

Yo @iViTal

Secret band have released a new song :love: I'm getting DGD Downtown Battle Mountain vibes from it.
Jon Mess and Will Swan :love:

I shit you not, I was smiling the entire time while listening.

I can never get enough of Jon mess, his screams are too Godly.

Edit- 0:56... Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I need this on my iPhone.. Now.

I shit you not, I was smiling the entire time while listening.

I can never get enough of Jon mess, his screams are too Godly.

I know. He really shines and is one of DGD's most recognisable members along with Will of course. A whole song with solely him really does do him justice.

Did you listen to that song I linked to you yesterday in JT? Here it is if you wanna. If you don't, well, whatever