Hardcore, Post-Hardcore, Metalcore... basically all 'core' subbgenres thread.

sorry for the delay, havent been at work to post anything for a while.

lower definition is really good. as far as the emotive hardcore this is one of my favorite bands of all time. his voice is so perfect and that vibrato. this is the only video i can find with good quality and a song off this album. a killer inside is their best album but you might have to listen to it on myspace haha

Great song, but I don't think it's emotive hardcore (just sayin').

This is more emotive hardcore:

Emotive hardcore is like Sunny Day Real Estate esque music with screaming vocals.

On a side note, ever heard of a British Post hardcore band called Fall of Efrara? Their songs are beautiful, imo, but they're like 20 minute long songs each. I'm not even exaggerating.

Great song, but I don't think it's emotive hardcore (just sayin').

This is more emotive hardcore:

Emotive hardcore is like Sunny Day Real Estate esque music with screaming vocals.

On a side note, ever heard of a British Post hardcore band called Fall of Efrara? Their songs are beautiful, imo, but they're like 20 minute long songs each. I'm not even exaggerating.

oh yeah youre right, thats my bad. I have not heard of them, i'm really running out of music unless we start posting classic rock hahaah. i may have to check them out, when i have 20 minutes to listen

Haha, I'll probably start posting other types of core music tomorrow or something. For now, I'm going to bed.

But I'll leave you and whoever is lurking with some deathcore:

we're definately gaining lurkers for this. deathcore is always good. goodnight from over here, as i may have to use google to jog my memory and find out what other bands i know

Got a decent Metalcore band called Demon Hunter. Man these guys are great in every album they have. Ryan Clark's vocals are amazing and he has great range in his voice.

Killswitch Engage is another Metalcore band I listen too. They had two vocalists in the bands discography, their 2009 album was terrible. But anything but that has been great! Both Jesse and Howard are both great vocalists, imo. Here's an example of them both singing on one song.

Last edited:
I used to listen to ESTK a lot because they were so catchy. I stopped around 2012... they're all right now, I guess. I find their new stuff kind of underwhelming, but the Reach and The World Outside albums were pretty good.

I've been addicted to these 2 songs recently:

I found some more core music I actually like. It might just be due to the fact that Alissa is one of the most incredible and unique vocalists I've ever heard, and that they totally smash some genre gender based stereotypes, but I do rather like their music.

I love the Agonist! I've seen them live three times, and they were great. I was bummed when Alissa had to leave because of Arch Enemy, but the new material with Vicky sounds promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdT7M4f2L9A
I found some more core music I actually like. It might just be due to the fact that Alissa is one of the most incredible and unique vocalists I've ever heard, and that they totally smash some genre gender based stereotypes, but I do rather like their music.

They're great, but you do know that all core music doesn't adhere to the stereotypes, right? Actually, most of it doesn't... just a lot of the bands that get a lot of the attention from the teenybopper audience like Asking Alexandria do. I don't want to sound like some sort of hipster prick, but there are core bands out there that sound very different to the typical core stereotypes... they're just not mainstream.

Just sayin'. Probably still isn't your thing, but I just wanted to bring it up.

yeah, i dont know what you mean by gender based stereotypes. its all been done. if you mean chick screamers then here

I could never get into iwrestledabearonce. I just thought that they were so... stupid? I don't know. I'm not one to judge a band by their image, but their's really set my the wrong way. They're so... hipster. It's not that I don't like female vocalists or anything... it's just... meh.

I could never get into iwrestledabearonce. I just thought that they were so... stupid? I don't know. I'm not one to judge a band by their image, but their's really set my the wrong way. They're so... hipster. It's not that I don't like female vocalists or anything... it's just... meh.

yeah they're not for everyone, they actually have a new vocalist who is still a chick but their new stuff is worth a listen, way more musical

Fair enough. Come to think of it, I can't think of many core bands with female fronts. There's obviously ESTK... and then Nurth

(That sexy polish accent :love:)

And then there's Skarlett Riot, but they don't count because they suck. The only other one I can think of is holy roman empire

They're both pretty mediocre... there's plenty of bands that do what they do better. I prefer men with high pitch voices like Anthony Green (although, I think his voice is pretty manly tbh), Tillian Pearson, Donovan Melero, even Kellin Quinn in SWS' first album. Eyes set to kill were pretty good (I don't like their newer stuff) but I couldn't consider them really special.

Anybody know any really jaw dropping bands with female leads?

did a real quick search, heres one with like 5 bands. they all kinda sound like pantera with screaming though

10 seconds in and I already see what you mean, haha.

Pantera is one of my favourite bands, though, so it's cool. These bands are nothing jaw dropping, though.

When I first ever heard some of my favourite bands, I pulled an orgasm face. Like, the first song I ever heard by Circa Survive (The great Golden Baby), I explicitly remember doing a really disturbing groan.

These female fronted bands aren't doing it for me.

Sonic Syndicate is another band I'm really into. I like their sound and their songs are catchy.

Not sure if they count, but I also love Amaranthe.

i love how when you replace the last letter of their name you get a totally different band. oceano. i like oceana though, rise puts out some good music. anything with kurt travis is gold

and treebeard for you

it kinda gives me the new age kingdom hearts feel for some reason