Hardcore, Post-Hardcore, Metalcore... basically all 'core' subbgenres thread.

I don't like the unclean vocals that much (they're okay, I guess, but seem a bit inconsistent.) and the breakdowns seem a bit forced...? Still, I quite like the song even if it is kind of crabcore-esque.

What do you think of this?

I like it. when i used to work at guitar center a coworker kept trying to get me to buy their new album but i never actually listened to it, so this is what i've been missing.

I like it. when i used to work at guitar center a coworker kept trying to get me to buy their new album but i never actually listened to it, so this is what i've been missing.

Yeah, their new album is sick. Gravedigger had me drooling.

I'll post it just because I mentioned it.

Man, that band is sick. I've never heard of them before.

You know who haven't been mentioned in this thread? UnderOath. They were so good. I know people who didn't like core music that loved "They're only chasing safety."

Also, The Devil Wears Prada released a new video for their song "Sailor's prayer." I haven't listened to them in a while (Like, in a month) but my friend shared it on facebook.

never really got into tdwp but underoath was so awesome. its too bad theyre not here anymore, unless theyre gonna get back together. if you like them you may like the almost which is aarons other band.

also mack from alls quiet has a new band

and these guys are from ohio, their guitarist added me on facebook because we have the same last name hahaha. he thought we were related and then he's like "hey you should check out my band." I already knew his band and didnt realize who i was talking to haha

Haha, that's awesome. It's a shame that would never happen to me because my last name is pretty obscure. I'll have to give that a listen a bit later, since I don't have the time to listen to the whole thing.

Ah, you said you liked SKSK, right? This is Tyson's new band. It's a lot different, but it's dope. It's a lot more heavy... I wish he did clean vocals more, because I love his cleans, but his unclean vocals have gotten so much better.

Haha, that's awesome. It's a shame that would never happen to me because my last name is pretty obscure. I'll have to give that a listen a bit later, since I don't have the time to listen to the whole thing.

Ah, you said you liked SKSK, right? This is Tyson's new band. It's a lot different, but it's dope. It's a lot more heavy... I wish he did clean vocals more, because I love his cleans, but his unclean vocals have gotten so much better.

thats awesome, i didnt even know he had another band. i like it. as long as its not mod sun i'm okay

yeah i guess the guys from sksk went in some good direction and some crap directions as well. i mean if i liked rap maybe i'd listen but i dont like much

Yeah, I like some rap (I listen to most genres, but core music is my favourite) but I can listen to that stuff.

Have you heard Sianvar? Singer is Donovan from Hail the sun and Will Swan from DGD is also in there. Sooooooo goooooood.

oh yeah i've heard of them, they're really good. dont they have some of the dudes from stolas too? my whole mind is tapped out, i have no idea what other bands i know hahaha

Yeah, there's so many good ones. It's hard to keep track.

How about Senses Fail? We are the Ocean? Alexisonfire? Uhh... I'm coming up dry now. That's off the top of my head. I should just check my ipod or something, lol.

hahaha i think everyone knows senses fail. saw them once with dgd (kurt travis) sky eats airplane and foxy shazam.

Yeah, no-one mentioned them, though, so I thought that I should.

I quite like Foxy shazam. My sister likes them a lot...

Ever heard Touché Amoré?

They're pretty good.

Pianos become teeth are really good, too. Not sure if it's your sort of thing.

Yeah, no-one mentioned them, though, so I thought that I should.

I quite like Foxy shazam. My sister likes them a lot...

Ever heard Touché Amoré?

They're pretty good.

Pianos become teeth are really good, too. Not sure if it's your sort of thing.

actually yes they are, i went to go see circa but someone in circa went to the hospital so touche amore just did the show anyways and jordan from la dispute came out with them on a song. i forgot, i was gonna put pianos become the teeth in like my first post but it only let me do two videos hahaha. but yeah dude, i know like every freaking band in this scene more or less but thats probably because half the bands are from this state or like ohio or something

That's pretty cool. I know quite a lot of bands, but I listen to so much music (most genres) it's hard to keep track. I can't say I know all the bands in the scene, though.

I'm just going to post some emotive hardcore here. It needs more love. It's almost a forgotten genre.

If you want to post more than one vid, you have to do the specific bbcode for Youtube. So instead of the standard [video ]

you'd have to do [youtube ][ /youtube] (remove the spaces) and in the middle, you paste the last part of the video's URL in (the part after the equals sign. Like this: gAotWVmVRS4 )

should come up like this:

The other method is quicker, though, even though there's a limit.

There's been an abundance of post-hardcore in this thread. To balance it out, I'll post some metalcore :)

I love these bands. Way too sick.

Last edited: