Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think seriously that this Sub-Zero is Bi-Han.

In the original timeline, Scorpion was thrown in the Soulnado while fighting Drahmin and Moloch. He went to the Voids and met the Elder Gods. There, they transformed him into their Champion.
In the new timeline, Noob Saibot was thrown in the Soulnado by Nightwolf. It is possible that he went to the Voids and met the Elder Gods too. Why not suppose they transformed him into their Champion, giving him a new life ?

That's explain why Scorpion seem to want to kill this Sub-Zero. He recognized the "killer" of his family and wants his revenge to be complete.

^ Though that theory is very plausible, one thing that is different though is with Scorpion, the elder gods had promised him the resurrection of his clan in return for being their champion. What could they offer Bi-Han?

^ Though that theory is very plausible, one thing that is different though is with Scorpion, the elder gods had promised him the resurrection of his clan in return for being their champion. What could they offer Bi-Han?

If the Elder Gods can resurrect an entire clan, do you really think they can't realize the wish of Bi-Han, whatever it is ?

^ Im not debating the elder gods capabilities, more so on what Bi Han would possibly want. He seems to be back with the Lin Kuei, so if we go with the theory I'm guessing someone like Bi-Han would just possibly want more power. This is going off what we generally know of him, it could very well change this time around.

Except that people are forgetting that the original timeline has nothing to do with MK X.
Everything taking place in MK X is based off of what happened in MK9, with a new original story being created from where MK9 left off.

The MK9 intro wiped out the original timeline in MK9.
Even though MK9 took place over the MK1, MKII and MK3 era, this is a completely new timeline, and the previous story of Quan Chi convincing Scorpion that it was Kuai-Liang that killed his family (in the old timeline), never happened in MK9.

The timeline hasn't reached MK4 yet.

^ Im not debating the elder gods capabilities, more so on what Bi Han would possibly want. He seems to be back with the Lin Kuei, so if we go with the theory I'm guessing someone like Bi-Han would just possibly want more power. This is going off what we generally know of him, it could very well change this time around.

He have the Dragon Medallion and it is the possession of only the grand master of Lin Kuei. That could be the thing he want in exchange of the servitude of the Elder Gods.

The timeline hasn't reached MK4 yet.

The timeline may not BE MK4 either, which people are also forgetting.
This isn't the OLD timeline.
This timeline is completely new.
There's speculation in the other thread based off of what some people "supposedly" saw, but MK4 events happening the same way are not likely for MK X.
Also, for now, I'm taking the stuff in that other thread with a huge bag of salt.

The elder gods could entice Bi-Han with a chance to live again as Sub-Zero and team up up with Scorpion, in order to kill Quan Chi and avenge BOTH of their families and clans.

Last edited:
As of now, its still a possibility that Quan Chi will have falsely convinced Scorpion of Kuai Liang murdering his family. Until confirmation is made. Otherwise, our thoughts are not wrong..

As of now, its still a possibility that Quan Chi will have falsely convinced Scorpion of Kuai Liang murdering his family. Until confirmation is made. Otherwise, our thoughts are not wrong..

Yes, and I'm not saying nor assuming that anyone's thoughts are wrong, but by the same token, just as I can't assume that it won't happen others can't assume that it will happen either.

It may or may not happen in MK X.
No one knows what will happen, as of now, which is my point.

Agreed. Just to clear the air, if it ends up being either brother or even a new character, its still a win for me. Anything is acceptable over Icebox Liang.

Agreed. Just to clear the air, if it ends up being either brother or even a new character, its still a win for me.

Same here.
Bi-Han, Kuai, a new brother or descendant, or a new student of 1 of the brothers would be fine with me too.
I'm just happy to have Sub-Zero back as human.

I can't wait for new info to come out.
Speculating over the same 2 or 3 clips is getting really old :laugh:

Except that people are forgetting that the original timeline has nothing to do with MK X.
Everything taking place in MK X is based off of what happened in MK9, with a new original story being created from where MK9 left off.

The MK9 intro wiped out the original timeline in MK9.
Even though MK9 took place over the MK1, MKII and MK3 era, this is a completely new timeline, and the previous story of Quan Chi convincing Scorpion that it was Kuai-Liang that killed his family (in the old timeline), never happened in MK9.

Not forgetting that this is a new timeline. I'm stating the obvious, and saying that it's one of the hundreds of possibilities.

The timeline may not BE MK4 either, which people are also forgetting.
This isn't the OLD timeline.
This timeline is completely new.
There's speculation in the other thread based off of what some people "supposedly" saw, but MK4 events happening the same way are not likely for MK X.
Also, for now, I'm taking the stuff in that other thread with a huge bag of salt.

The elder gods could entice Bi-Han with a chance to live again as Sub-Zero and team up up with Scorpion, in order to kill Quan Chi and avenge BOTH of their families and clans.

You are literally contradicting yourself here. So, MK4 may not happen (even though nothing has changed to say it won't), but Bi-Han is going to take a DIRECT plotline from Deception? I mean DIRECT.

Shao Kahn was MIA after MK3 as well, and guess what MK9 showed us? Shinnok and Quan Chi both planning to take over Outworld and Earthrealm.

Also, I don't want to see Scorpion and Bi-Han team up. They always hated each other. Legacy is the only version who ever tried to spin a different story. Bi-Han murdered Hanzo while he was begging for his life. He always hated the rival clan (Shirai Ryu), that wasn't just Quan's doing.

However this does play out I would not want too see Sub-zero and Scorpion team up...not at all.

Also before we knew them as Bi Han and Kuai Liang they were Sub-zero the 5th and Sub-zero the 6th in the original timeline. Soo I could very well see it being a new sub-zero. Whoever he is im still uncertain with his role in the Lin Kuei as he as the symbol on his outfit, but last we knew the Lin Kuei were still doing the cyber initiative so how that pans out I dont have a theory yet. But with one of his move variations being grandmaster also makes me wonder. I still just dont see how Kuai Liang is more plausible then Bi Han

However this does play out I would not want too see Sub-zero and Scorpion team up...not at all.

Also before we knew them as Bi Han and Kuai Liang they were Sub-zero the 5th and Sub-zero the 6th in the original timeline. Soo I could very well see it being a new sub-zero. Whoever he is im still uncertain with his role in the Lin Kuei as he as the symbol on his outfit, but last we knew the Lin Kuei were still doing the cyber initiative so how that pans out I dont have a theory yet. But with one of his move variations being grandmaster also makes me wonder. I still just dont see how Kuai Liang is more plausible then Bi Han

Wow, there it is again. 5th and 6th in the original timeline? I never learned about that.

I doubt its a new Sub Zero. "Sub Zero" is a title amongst cryomancers in the Lin Kuei. Without Kuai Liang, the grand master of the Lin Kuei has no one to stop him from going onward with the cyber initiative, thus would continue turning the rest of his followers into cyborgs, which includes whatever cryomancers may be left within the Lin Kuei.

What about cryomancers NOT in the Lin Kuei? You can rule out any outsiders because 1, outsiders would have no beef with Scorpion, and 2, an outsider wouldnt be known as Sub Zero since its a Lin Kuei title.

I dont think its Kuai Liang either. I dont think Kuai ever knew why Scorpion killed his brother. He just wanted revenge for it. The dialogue between Scorpion and Sub Zero definitely feels like theres history behind it. Im thinking Bi Han got purified, found out his brother was cyberized and killed in persuit of Scorpion, and THATS why he says "I tire of maintaining OUR innocence." He might blame Scorpion for his brothers demise. Idk. Those are my thoughts.

It does seem that Kuai never knew why his brother was killed. He never mentions his or Scorpion's families so I think you're right about the revenge being blind. As for the SZ title, the writers might not think about it that much into detail. If they did, then they would have this new SZ escape before being cyberized or they might just overlook it and give the title to a random cyromancer schmuck.

But I really doubt this SZ is new.

Status
Not open for further replies.