Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because when Kuai Liang became the Grand Master of the Lin Kuei, he also became a protector of Earthrealm.
So it wouldn't make sense for him to hold a grudge against a dead clan.

Spoiler:

The Grand Master Variation name could just be bullshit. Scorpion has a variation called "Inferno", but it clearly isn't the Inferno Scorpion we know from Shaolin Monks.

Agreed 100% with this.

I just really hope Sub-Zero being Grand Master doesn't affect Sektor too much. I can just imagine a quick lame ass vignette of Sub-Zero being shown ripping Sektor's head off and claiming the medallion for himself.

I could also see SZ stealing the medallion without killing Sektor, and Sektor hunting him down to get it back.
The struggle for power within the Lin Kuei. ;)

Because when Kuai Liang became the Grand Master of the Lin Kuei, he also became a protector of Earthrealm.

Spoiler:

The Grand Master Variation name could just be bullshit. Scorpion has a variation called "Inferno", but it clearly isn't the Inferno Scorpion we know from Shaolin Monks.

I just really hope Sub-Zero being Grand Master doesn't affect Sektor too much. I can just imagine a quick lame ass vignette of Sub-Zero being shown ripping Sektor's head off and claiming the medallion for himself.

True but this is a different timeline. Kuai is dead so far and he is a cyborg. As I said in my last post, if he does get revived, we don't know if he will still have his memories or end up like smoke in his MK9 ending and have no recollection of his past life.

Then again, just like smoke, he could remember his past life if an event triggered his memory to come back.

Let's say, a duel with Scorpion? Maybe even Sektor?

Yeah, I'm aware of his change when becoming the grandmaster/protector in MKDA but we don't know how he could differ in these new events. I'd like Kuai to maintain a dark streak and rather that not be repeated anyways.

I'm not trying to play devil's advocate here, but doesn't the Inferno refer to his fire abilities in that variation? In that sense Inferno still makes sense. I have to roll my eyes if the 'grandmaster' variation was just bs.

@ Subz 711

Its all good. I forget alot of things too. It happens. You were referring to Alan Scott though. The one with the cape.

@ Reman

No, please do stick to your guns lol Nothing wrong with it. Disgreeing with me or hating Kuai doesn't offend me. I'm a big boy.

But anyways, I'm sure Kuai could care less about Scorpion during Kahn's invasion of Earth. That doesn't mean if he came across him in the future he'd want to shatter his frozen body. But lets say he made his peace with Scorpion like he had in the old series, what kind of dialog would he have with him? "I don't care about you anymore.. But lets fight." Lol that's why I love the dialog in X for each character has unique lines. NRS probably put effort in to make logical dialog in a match up that doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm aware of his change when becoming the grandmaster/protector in MKDA but we don't know how he could differ in these new events. I'd like Kuai to maintain a dark streak and rather that not be repeated anyways.

I'm not trying to play devil's advocate here, but doesn't the Inferno refer to his fire abilities in that variation? In that sense Inferno still makes sense. I have to roll my eyes if the 'grandmaster' variation was just bs.

@ Subz 711

Its all good. I forget alot of things too. It happens. You were referring to Alan Scott though. The one with the cape.

@ Reman

No, please do stick to your guns lol Nothing wrong with it. Disgreeing with me or hating Kuai doesn't offend me. I'm a big boy.

But anyways, I'm sure Kuai could care less about Scorpion during Kahn's invasion of Earth. That doesn't mean if he came across him in the future he'd want to shatter his frozen body. But lets say he made his peace with Scorpion like he had in the okd series, what kind of dialog would he have with him? "I don't care about you anymore.. But lets fight." Lol that's why I love the dialog in X for each character has unique lines. NRS probably put effort in to make logical dialog in a match up that doesn't make sense.

Yeah, the dialogue wouldn't make any sense. That's why I don't think it is Kuai, unless Boon is planning for him to become more of a darker character, which would be a nice change for once.

The conversion of Kuai to cyber in MK9 gives him more of a reason to hate the Lin Kuei, which could work in both directions that he either wants to take over and turn them around or just completely shit on them like he did on goro and kintaro.

If the grandmaster variation didn't mean anything, I wouldn't be surprised. We all know how Boon is.

This argument.

I could literally shoot myself over it. There are some serious bi-Han nuthuggers here.

Seriously, somebody said Kuai Liang would not want to take over the Lin Kuei because of what they did to him???

Let's not take into account they did the same thing to Smoke in the old timeline(and almost did it to him as well). Yet, he still went back and beat the red off of Sektor. If anything that should give him MORE incentive to want to take over the Lin Kuei.

Nevermind though you guys (all of you) are totally right. It's Bi-Han. Without doubt. I seriously don't even think a new Sub-Zero is in the works now.

The ballsweat from Bi-Han made me a believer.

I know what'll make you feel better Subz

Spoiler:

cyber_sub_zero_by_undeadghost-d46x2jg.jpg

I know what'll make you feel better Subz

Spoiler:

cyber_sub_zero_by_undeadghost-d46x2jg.jpg

Believe it or not that actually does make me happier than the Bi-han nutriding.

At this point, I literally think that Boon could come out and say It's Kuai Liang. People would still think it's Bi-han. They'd be like Wait! Kuai Liang was in the netherrealm last. Bi-han was Noob Saibot. Maybe Bi-han somehow used Noob to possess Kuai Liang, and this is indeed Bi-han. That's got to be it you guys. Bi-han confirmed!!!!!!!

I honestly will laugh though if Bi-han is resurrected by the soulnado and then also takes over the lin kuei and finds the cryomancer heritage. It will prove once and for all that he was never going to do anything his brother didn't do. It will also be funny to laugh at them throwing not one, but two other character's stories onto him just to bring him back. That's why I still think it's Kuai. Guaranteed that we will see WHY they have these variations during storymode. I mean for christ's sake you guys Sub-Zero is wearing the GRANDMASTER MEDALLION and you guys think it means nothing.

Sektor was the grandmaster in the original timeline. You all know this right? Who did Kuai take it from the first time?

I'm even willing to say it's a completely New Sub-Zero all together. I just can't say this is Bi-han though. It makes absolutely zero sense to me. Mark my words, those characters (at least some of them) will be resurrected. Kuai Liang would be a PRIME one to resurrect. Seeing as how they pissed on him in MK9.

Why the hell can't I like Bi Han though? Nobody is even shitting on Kuai Liang but you run to his rescue like he pays your rent.

Bi Han is just so much colder than Kuai Liang.
The way he talked to Scorpion in MK9?

"To hell with your family and clan!" That was too ill.

While Kuai Liang is all like "Brother! Look what they did to me! Waaaaaaaaaahh!"

Nobody says you can't. I'm just sticking up for my character. Soooo many of ya'll are already like It's confirmed. Bi-han OMG!!!!

Yet, there's nothing to prove it. There's nothing in Kuai's direction either. However, I would say he at least has a little more evidence pointing in his direction.

Oh, and I don't remember Kuai saying that. Funny. I do remember Bi-han's ass laying on the ground after Kuai whipped it for him though.

I also remember Bi Han getting killed by having his body swallowed by hellfire, leaving nothing but charred bones after an intense battle in the pits of hell.

And then I recall Kuai Liang dying by a single knee to his armor plated face.

Yeah that did happen.

Oh that guy that killed Bi-Han though. Yeah, Kuai Liang kicked his ass too. Small world huh?

Well I know I want an evil Sub-Zero Bi-Han or not. Sub-zero (Kuai Liang) has been good in enough MK games.

Besides even when dead characters come back there is still an explanation for it. As of right now Bi-Han being purified sounds more believable in my mind then Cyber Subzero came back and isn't cyber anymore. I also agree on the offspring idea or heck maybe its a new Sub-Zero that's just of the cyromancer race and isn't even related. Ed Boon did say the Lin Kuei have a sea of Sub-Zero's as it is just a title not a person.

Yeah, Bi-Han killed Scorpion before he had his powers. Just a normal ninja guy. Fighting a guy with ice powers. Wonder why he won that one?

Wow, Bi-Han is maybe mind of a coward huh? Yet, Kuai beat him WITH his powers. Yeah, sounds about right.

If you wanted a flame war between Bi-Han and Kuai, make a different thread. This isn't the place for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.