MKX Final Box Art Revealed

BBBLP

Robot Rock
MKX_box.jpg

Via the facebook page

Last edited:
I still can't believe they're calling that final. Seems so blah to me. Like there's not even anything behind Scorpion. Anyone could have made that box art.

If they're going to go that simple, then I would prefer the white dragon logo with the title underneath on a black background. Adding Scorpion, just seems like the cover is half finished.

It's awesome as a placeholder, and I really enjoy the render itself...that said, I don't love this as final art. Granted, it makes sense to have Scorpion on the cover for marketing purposes (and we all love ole' yella deep down), but it's just so...expected?

I enjoyed the simplistic style they've used with the media assets so far, so I would have preferred to see nothing change except for removal of the Scorpion render. Plain black box (one could argue that's even more intriguing to find out what's inside...)

That's why I'm not in marketing :D

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I like the design. Simple, not overly complicated or loaded with a bunch of characters. This kind of gives it a grim, dark feel that the game seems to have so far.

But yeah, I do agree that they should probably make the logo a little more noticeable and maybe change the background to something a little better that plain black. At least put some effects in it.

If this indeed the final box art than I really can't complain. It really shows off the simple, grounded, darkness the tone of the game has. Still, I wish Scorpion wasn't the mascot. He'd be more interesting to Mortal Kombat if he wasn't.

Very weak. Im sure theyll have a badass Kollectors Edition.

Maybe that is their goal to have the regular box be so crappy that we lean towards the KE>

That's gotta be it... NRS is purposely sabotaging their standard boxart to appeal to a niche group.

It makes complete sense why Scorpion is on the cover if this ends up being legitimately final, but that alone doesn't make it the best option.

I absolutely do not mind this cover. Yeah, it's just Scorpion but it really shows off the grittiness of it. Very nice minimalist approach.

Most MK covers are minimal in nature, some don't even show a single character. A question to armchair artists out there, what would you do change it?