Cassie's X-Ray

@Nasty_Freak

Dude you've been begging for a move in MK that graphically mutilates a guy's private parts for so long now, and now that it's finally in, you're complaining that in a game where the over the top violence is as unrealistic as it gets, it's illogical? Come on man!

Maybe he prefers the genitals to be caressed, and not smashed.

OT
I agree with Pat.
I don't get the fans sometimes.
First, it's not that violent in MKvsDC, then MK9 rolls around and it's "too cartoony" (as if cartoons mutilated one another in such ways), and now with MK X "it's too violent?"

Puh-lease......

I'm glad that MK X has the MKII vibe back, and I, for one, will bee seeing the testicle smashing X-Ray and Scorpion slicing people's faces off in glorious 1080p at 60 fps.

@Nasty_Freak

As far as I know, getting stabbed completely through the eyes and getting shot in the eyes both result in one thing...

Death.

I don't understand how you can compare the two and say one won't kill, that's complete asinine.

Baraka's Chop Chop Blades from older games would slice a human up like meat in real life, yet it's a basic move in MK, and sometimes even more Gory/devastating than a few Fatalities. I don't see anyone complaining about that.

@Jorge, I would thank your post if I could lol.

...guy complains about bullets going through eye sockets...claiming its not realistic...

...kitana in mk9 already shoved her blades in there and the opponent was like "ok so what?" and got up...

brain tumor ALMOST acquired. a few more posts like that and ill have a heart attack.

For the record, I never complained that it's not realistic.
I just say that the X-rays going too far are taking away from the "magic" of fatalities, since we can now pretty much perform fatalities mid-match.

The only time where I felt that X-Rays took away from the "magic of fatalities," is Cyber Sub-Zero's MK9 X-Ray Ninja Star Fatality.

Well, yeah.
There you have an example of a character whose fatality (three shurikens to the head) is much more bland than his X-ray (chunk of ice to the back of the head, giant sword through the torso)
This, to a point where it would probably have made much more sense to swap them, or maybe make the X-ray be "ice chunk to the back of the head + shurikens", and make the sword impalement the fatality, removing the X-ray effect from it to keep both concepts separate.
I'd say Cassie is another case of this, and there's many more.

They should make up their minds and define the parameters for an X-ray like for example "well, an X-ray can damage internal organs and shatter bones, but nothing that would evidently cause instant death", or something like that.

In the first MKs, you were expecting the final round to finish so that you could get this great display of violence that was the fatality.
When the X-rays were introduced, you'd expect to get this intermediate stage, where you can unleash a higher degree of carnage than the regular moves can, but the fatality should still come as an escalation of that.

I think in a senseless urge to cram more flashiness into the game, things got into an "anything goes" state, in which the fatalities aren't that special anymore.

Last edited:
@Nasty_Freak

As far as I know, getting stabbed completely through the eyes and getting shot in the eyes both result in one thing...

Death.

I don't understand how you can compare the two and say one won't kill, that's complete asinine.

Baraka's Chop Chop Blades from older games would slice a human up like meat in real life, yet it's a basic move in MK, and sometimes even more Gory/devastating than a few Fatalities. I don't see anyone complaining about that.

@Jorge, I would thank your post if I could lol.

A few do survive being stabbed in the eye but anyways, I still love the X-Ray and I'll still play as her then.

Is there any image of Cassie's X-Ray?
if not, then Why?

Pure speculation at this point, but the consensus is because either they're worried about showing it off to the general public so early in development in a bid to avoid controversy and backlash, OR NRS just wants us to get hype for it.

I gotta wonder if Johnny and Sonya are playable.. I mean Cassie is supposed to be the best of both worlds..that would eliminate a need to put them in the game right? I hope not. I hope Cassie Cage's entry into the series is not the death of two Classic Characters

I gotta wonder if Johnny and Sonya are playable.. I mean Cassie is supposed to be the best of both worlds..that would eliminate a need to put them in the game right? I hope not. I hope Cassie Cage's entry into the series is not the death of two Classic Characters
I hope the worst case scenario is her parents being held hostage...

And they need to stop treating Johnny Cage like Kenny from South Park. He is the First Kombatant after all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Her moves are different but similar in inspiration, not a merge of the two. I wouldn't be surprised if one of her parents are in the game. I'd say there is a chance at this point, I'd expect them both in story mode for sure.

Kinda not right giving her guns. Johnny and Sonya never used guns in a fight. And Sonya was in some kind of Special Forces. So Cassie also kinda plays like Stryker LOL!!!!!! Can't wait to try her out along with the others.

I'd definitely want Johnny over Sonya for MKX.
Sonya is just way too bland of a character to have her AND her daughter in the game.

I want to see her in the story for sure, but keep her roster slot saved for somebody more interesting.

I'd definitely want Johnny over Sonya for MKX.
Sonya is just way too bland of a character to have her AND her daughter in the game.

I want to see her in the story for sure, but keep her roster slot saved for somebody more interesting.

If we're going to have Cassie in, especially with her Johnny-like attitude, I personally think both of her parents should sit this one out. Let both of the old parents have some peace for once.

From the looks of his ending though, Johnny looks like a completely different character.
He'll probably be less comical and more wise.

I agree with BBBLP, Sonya is really stale at this point. Sonya's chapter in Story Mode annoyed the shit out of me. Consequently, as funny as Johnny Cage's Chapter was, Sonya really didn't give me that feeling while playing that she was a girl worth saving.

Cassie Cage,daughter of Johnny Cage & Sonya Blade,if she have both of their special moves,she'll give the other female Mortal Kombat kombatants an all out straight up fight.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk