Cassie's X-Ray

I don't see how it will get an AO, given that exploding nuts were also on Sniper Elite and Blitz: The League II, and those 2 games didn't get AO ratings.

It's not that I'm saying I'm appalled or disgusted, I'm just trying to anticipate how the stuck up elderly people at the ESRB will interpret the exploding of testicles in such a graphic nature. I think the near sociopathic level of violence that we have all come to know and love coupled with anatomically correct testicles might cause Joe Lieberman to slip into a diabetic coma. That's all.

Re: x-ray

I've seen it, many times. She, like her father, nut punches the victim, if it's a guy you see their balls bust (OWWW!).

Then she smashes them in the head with her two pistols and then finishes off with shooting the pistols into each of their eyes.

That's a FATALITY then! The moment bullets hit the eyes, the opponent should be DEAD!!! But still doesn't stop me from playing as her. And I wish she should've done some other position other than the splits to hit the guy in the groin. Kicking or kneeing the opponent would've been a lot better.

Games only get adults only ratings these days if...

1. Interactive sex scenes (GTA San Andreas, Indigo Prophecy)

2. Simulated murder with motion controls (Manhunt 2)

They definitely dropped the ball there.
So Cassie's X-ray is more damaging than her Fatality. WTF?
Destroyed testicles + two bullets through the head I'd say beats blown kneecaps + shot in the forehead.
For the first time I'm disappointed at MKX.
But oh well, if that's the low point, it can still be a great game I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

They definitely dropped the ball there.
So Cassie's X-ray is more damaging than her Fatality. WTF?
Destroyed testicles + two bullets through the head I'd say beats blown kneecaps + shot in the forehead.
For the first time I'm disappointed at MKX.
But oh well, if that's the low point, it can still be a great game I guess.

They need to make that a fatality instead!!!

Definitely.
They're blurring the line so much that it will end up like they can perform fatalities on each other mid-fight and just keep going at it.

Definitely.
They're blurring the line so much that it will end up like they can perform fatalities on each other mid-fight and just keep going at it.

That's what I hate about MK ever since. They need to stick to more logical concepts. I'd like realism but it's ok to have some fantasy. However, I hate how irrational that x-ray is. It's irrational as ripping a heart out and still have an opponent stand in MKA created fatalities and also it's also as irrational as some of the MKT fatalities with dismembered bodies still standing up in place. *rolls eyes*

Why does it even matter?

You should be critically injured, if not outright dead by getting impaled by Scorpion's spear. And that shit has been around since the beginning. MK Trilogy? Stryker got a fully automatic pistol as a special move that completely shredded the opponent, but they didn't die.

MK has always been ridiculous with it's special moves, it's just that X-Rays show it with much greater detail.

Sorry but what do you mean by that?

All of these kills were originally done using the Wii Mote. You wanted to stab someone, you stabbed with the Wii mote.

Game was rated AO and as a result, was censored. In the Mature version, there was a HEAVY screen filter in place so you couldnt really even see what was happening.

Here is an example of how they censored it

That's what I hate about MK ever since. They need to stick to more logical concepts. I'd like realism but it's ok to have some fantasy. However, I hate how irrational that x-ray is. It's irrational as ripping a heart out and still have an opponent stand in MKA created fatalities and also it's also as irrational as some of the MKT fatalities with dismembered bodies still standing up in place. *rolls eyes*

Weren't you all for Cassie's x-ray? Now you're against it because it isn't "realistic?"

@Nasty_Freak

Dude you've been begging for a move in MK that graphically mutilates a guy's private parts for so long now, and now that it's finally in, you're complaining that in a game where the over the top violence is as unrealistic as it gets, it's illogical? Come on man!

As for the X-Ray itself, this is probably going to be the first almost unanimously cringe-worthy event in MK history, even by the hardcore fans' standards! I can't wait to see it!

@Nasty_Freak

Dude you've been begging for a move in MK that graphically mutilates a guy's private parts for so long now, and now that it's finally in, you're complaining that in a game where the over the top violence is as unrealistic as it gets, it's illogical? Come on man!

As for the X-Ray itself, this is probably going to be the first almost unanimously cringe-worthy event in MK history, even by the hardcore fans' standards! I can't wait to see it!
Nasty wants the AO rating at all costs...even though he is well aware that an AO rating will result in ZERO copies sold (and that's literally zero copies) due to factors beyond the control of both WB and us as paying customers. Retailers will not carry them at all, and console companies will not license them on their consoles, in both cases due to self-imposed policies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
@Nasty_Freak

I think once he sees it, he'll like it. At first he really didn't like Cassie Cage. But after he saw how she fought, he obviously fell in love with her.

Weren't you all for Cassie's x-ray? Now you're against it because it isn't "realistic?"

It's in a FATALITY LEVEL. People can survive blades in their eyes but I doubt bullets. But don't get me wrong, I LOVE hitting the private parts on my male opponents while I'm a female character.

@natedoggcata: Manhunt is very educational to me. ;)

Last edited: