[SPOILER] Sub-Zero's identity in MKX confirmed!

Re: [SPOILER] Sub-Zero's identity in MKX is...

@Subz 711

Bi Han is Noob Saibot for over 20 years now not Sub Zero and Kuai Lang maybe evolve to something different since he was also under Quan Chi control, either way since Scorpion call him murder and Sub reply he is tired of proving his innocence that means he have something to do with the old versions (one of his fighting styles have a bright blue ice Kuai Lang mask), reincarnation like Kung Lao,a fusion of both souls like Ermac, descendent or something similar, this way they can keep him young even 25 years later since he is a human.

Here is and Kuai Lang mask
123.jpg

It makes a few things make more sense though! One of his move-sets has him primarily manifesting ice-weapons. I know Subby did that a wee bit in MK9, but that was Kahn's primary mode of attack: Making weapons appear from thin air. And one of them's a sledge-hammer!

Also, it explains why Scorpion is still after him! Maybe things aren't what they seem. Maybe Scorpion knows! Maybe this is finally the game where Scorpion is a force for justice instead of blind vengeance! Somebody joked earlier that maybe Scorpion actually is Liu Kang since he threw a fireball. Maybe there's something to that! I mean, not literally of course, I think it's obviously the Scorpion from MK9, but this overall theme of legacy is intriguing, and I don't find the idea of Liu teaching Scorpion some of his tricks for the advancement toward a common goal so farfetched. (What's a few shared moves dead guy to dead guy?)

I mean, the youtube video has a lot of us pretty convinced that there's some truth to this at least in part. It's a major possibility that we're all way off, in which case there's gonna be egg on our face. But if it's true!? I'm all for it. I mean, maybe this theory only applies to one version of Sub-Zero. For heaven's sake, whether you were playing as Bi-Han or Kuai-Liang depended on which costume you picked. At least in this case there's significant gameplay differences. A lot of this will probably be dictated by what happens in story mode in the end.

I'm sorry, but this *spoiler* is very boring and totally uninteresting !

I really don't matter of WHO is under the mask of Sub-Zero in MKX.. he can even be a girl, or Ed Boon himself !

Sub-Zero is an iconic character, maybe the most important in all the MK franchise because he is the ONLY CHARACTER WHO IS IN ALL MK games, from MK1 to MK9 (Sonya is not in MK2, Scorpion is not in MK3, etc.). Sub-Zero even got his own game !

At the end of MK1, there is a picture showing a whole bunch of Sub-Zeros... and at the end of MK2, Sub-Zero is asiatic, Whereas in MK3, the unmasked Sub-Zero is american... So it's not interesting to know who is Sub-Zero... The most important thing is to have him playable in MKX !!

Would be pretty lame for both, Sub-Zero and Shao Kahn if this is true.

IMO shao kahn as sub-zero is a stupid idea, isn't the mk's storyline messy enough!?

This is not a spoiler by any means, it is just a speculation, a very unlikely one too.

I can't believe so many people are actually considering this. Sub-Zero was simply just covering himself in ice as we've seen before. I don't think Shao Kahn would ever tire of maintaining his innocence nor join the Lin Kuei. Garbage.

Last edited:

I have to say after looking at it he does appear to deck himself out in SK armor and then there's the hammer. The only other way to explain this would be:
1. place holder armor model due to incomplete product.
2. The cryomancers are an Outworld race. He may still acknowledge SK as his emperor and or the LK could have been hired to ressurect SK. Making this sub-zero a villain or more of a "gun for hire". either way i'll still use him, though i'm hoping for Raiden to show up.

Chill out dude, it's just a couple of fans speculating. If it hurts your ass that much then you can always GTFO

I'm totally chill, brah. I'm just a fan speculating that this is bull. Am I getting your goat? I appologize.

I wouldn't mind another MK Trilogy... If it were for Playstation 7.

With what Ed Boon said in TRMK interview about the Lin Kuei having a sea of Sub-Zeros and explaining this in the story - I'm pumped to see this. Maybe they abducted or recruited cryomancers from Outworld to be Lin Kuei assassins. It would still be favorable if it were Bi-Han or better yet Kuai Liang.

Last edited:

It would definitely be a twist that's for sure. But I like the fact that Sub-Zero is just a title in the Lin Kiue (did I spell it right?) and so you have to rise up to be a Sub-Zero. This way it would mean Scorpion hates all Sub-Zeros and so he won't ever rest until he eliminates all of the Lin Kieu because a new Sub-Zero could emerge if their clan still exists. Or Sub-Zero should spill the beans to Scorpion that he didn't kill Scorpion's family and clan but it has to be original Sub-Zero. It would be weird if a brand new Sub-Zero says 'Sub-Zero never killed your family and clan'.

But I believe that you're on to something, I bet Shao Kahn and Sub-Zero will have some sort of connection in MKX

But I believe that you're on to something, I bet Shao Kahn and Sub-Zero will have some sort of connection in MKX

I think the connection is that characters are being fine tuned so say they put a character in, they're gonna have other characters' moves and specials because the other character won't make the cut.