Kotal Kahn... a relative of Shao Kahn? The Konqueror himself?

I really dont think Kotal Kahn and Shao Kahn are related. First of all, Ed told us about Cassie Cage being related to Johnny and Sonya in that she's their child. If he mentioned that, why wouldnt he also address Kotal Kahn in a similar fashion? Second, Kotal Kahn is a god (as seen by his variations of sun god, blood god, and war god.) If I remember correctly, Shao Kahn isnt exactly a god. I mean he IS the son of Shinnok and brother of Raiden, but Ive never heard of him referred to as a god, so I dont think Kotal is Shao's son.

My guess is that hes an elder god or a protector god of Outworld, but Im not sure. His attie and weaponry all look like theyre taken right from Earth's Aztecs and Mayans. Im sure he'll be an interesting character nevertheless.

I LOVE Kotal Kahn looks, they nailed the Aztec vibe. It's so unique, fresh and very MK! From his gameplay, he doesn't seem my type of character at all though.

Oh crap. My bad. I had my doubts about whether that was canon or not, but I only did a quick search on the subject.

My guess is the Kahn is just a title (though the title is usually spelled Khan) and I hope that he is not related to the Emperor.

He looks blueish, so my real question is his race. We know Elder Gods are bluish in tone. I do think the design for the character is beautiful...

My guess is he is an Elder God, however, it seems like there's too many possible good guesses to say that one is more likely to be true.

I really dont think Kotal Kahn and Shao Kahn are related. First of all, Ed told us about Cassie Cage being related to Johnny and Sonya in that she's their child. If he mentioned that, why wouldnt he also address Kotal Kahn in a similar fashion? Second, Kotal Kahn is a god (as seen by his variations of sun god, blood god, and war god.) If I remember correctly, Shao Kahn isnt exactly a god. I mean he IS the son of Shinnok and brother of Raiden, but Ive never heard of him referred to as a god, so I dont think Kotal is Shao's son.

My guess is that hes an elder god or a protector god of Outworld, but Im not sure. His attie and weaponry all look like theyre taken right from Earth's Aztecs and Mayans. Im sure he'll be an interesting character nevertheless.

Wasn't that just a connection they came up with for Annihilation?

Not sure if this had been mentioned before, but...

I just played through MK9 again and had an idea. When the elder gods are punishing Shao Kahn for merging the realms without following the rules of Mortal Kombat, they kinda whisk him away and fly off with him. What if Kotal Kahn is simply the elder gods using Shao Kahn's body as a vessel to prevent further transgressions such as the one that took place in mk9? I dunno. Makes sense to me. Dude's facial features sorta resemble Shao's as well.

I just played through MK9 again and had an idea. When the elder gods are punishing Shao Kahn for merging the realms without following the rules of Mortal Kombat, they kinda whisk him away and fly off with him. What if Kotal Kahn is simply the elder gods using Shao Kahn's body as a vessel to prevent further transgressions such as the one that took place in mk9? I dunno. Makes sense to me. Dude's facial features sorta resemble Shao's as well.

I would be down for that. So long as Kahn himself is not involved. Just his body.

Makes sense, IMO, and it also would dispell the MK X Kahn-Zero hybrid talk. LOL

Considering the Aztec vibe, I have a feeling this guy might be the Elder God that Nightwolf invokes when he summons lightning and his divine death light. Especially since this dude also summons burning showers of light and stuff. Just a theory though.

I seriously like this idea

And he grew that mustache just as a cruel joke for when Shao Kahn get's his body back.

Im still thinking he could have been the protector god of outworld, father of Shao Kahn who came into power again during the MKX story.