Kotal Kahn... a relative of Shao Kahn? The Konqueror himself?

Definitely something to do with Aztecs, especially with the character art style and the different styles. Sun God? That's definitely Aztec. As for his relation, we can't do anything but speculate for now but I'd like to believe that the characters name has to do with a relation to Khan in some way.

Kano being absent from MKX would not be the worst thing ever. Honestly I kinda hope he isn't in it. He brought nothing to the table post MK1. And MK9 turned him into a glorified lackey. The Kano ship has sailed and sunk.

I agree but like you said, he's an original. He's kinda like saber tooth from X Men. I don't like him but he's an original character in X Men and has beef with an original character (Wolverine) or in this case Kano ~ Sonya. Just a thought

Wouldn't it be funny if he turned out to be realted to Kratos from GoW

Kano being absent from MKX would not be the worst thing ever. Honestly I kinda hope he isn't in it. He brought nothing to the table post MK1. And MK9 turned him into a glorified lackey. The Kano ship has sailed and sunk.

Agreed 100%.
Out of the Original 7, Kano had the least amount of story impact in MK9.

At least characters like Sonya and Johnny helped Raiden in MK9, and will likely help in MK X to try to stop Shinnok and Quan Chi in the beginning of the story.
Sonya and Johnny also have Cassie, so when the story spans to the 25 years, Cassie will likely also take a role of defending Earth, maybe even alongside her parents.

but we are really getting off-topic with this.

Agreed.

As for Kotal Kahn, I think that it's just a title for "Ruler."
Shao Kahn became ruler of Edenia and ruler of outworld, so it's possible that "Kahn" means just that in the MK universe, much like President ____________ in today's world.
President isn't someone's name, just a title to the position.

Anyways, those are my 2 cents, for all I know his name COULD actually be Kahn, but I don't think he's a relative of Shao Kahn.
If anything, given his Aztec look, I'd say that he's more related to Nightwolf somehow.
Maybe he comes from a rival tribe of Nightwolf???

During the EarthRealm invasion, Shao Kahn felt in love and had sex with an Aztec woman. In MKX, Kotal Kahn's mission is killing Raiden & the Elder Gods, the assholes that f*ed up his childhood and killed his father.
kappa.png

Kotal khan is Shao khans son from another realm. Shao had countless mistresses before sindel. Kotal is joining the fight because of his dad's swift defeat to avenge him.

I honestly don't like the idea of him being Shao Kahn's son - he shares no simillar traits or moves as far as I have seen. He looks nothing like Shao Kahn, he is clearly of an Aztec origin. It just would be much better to have him as a new character with no family ties to other characters.

What bout Reiko? Is he not Shao Kahn's son too? Remember his ending in MK4.

No.
Reiko was not Shao Kahn's son.
He was the general of Shao Kahn's army.

His MK4 ending was also done by Ed Boon and Midway, for shits and giggles, but it was just supposed to end with him going through the portal.

No.

His MK4 ending was also done by Ed Boon and Midway, for shits and giggles, but it was just supposed to end with him going through the portal.

With that being said, I hope he makes a return in MKx. Loved BOTH of his fatalities

With that being said, I hope he makes a return in MKx. Loved BOTH of his fatalities

Same here.

Reiko was one of the few characters along with Quan Chi, Tanya, Havik, Fujin, Kenshi and Sareena, which I actually liked and didn't think were terrible, unlike the rest of the post-MK3 characters.

Kotal Kahn can possibly be one of Shao Kahn's ancestors...which would explain why Shao Kahn is so powerful.

Or Kotal Kahn can have no relation to Shao Kahn at all and he's a ruler of another realm. Judging by the name Kahn it obvious he not one of the good guys.

Possible he also reincarnation of Shao Kahn. A lot of possibilities but we won't ever know for sure until game comes out and we play it.

No.

That's the ending I had on the nintendo 64 version if MK4. There was no narration. Just Reiko walks in to a portal and that's it.

That's the ending I had on the nintendo 64 version if MK4. There was no narration. Just Reiko walks in to a portal and that's it.
That was in the Arcade version too. The Shao Kahn helmet thing was in the PlayStation and PC ports.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Explain to me how Kotal would be a "rip off" if he were related to Shao Kahn in some way... Cause I really don't get that logic.

What i mean for being a rip off would it would be to easy and simple to sell him as a relative to Shao Kahn, Simply bc they already are alike to me. Shao Kahn is a Big Guy, So is Kotal Kahn, Shao Kahn is pretty damn strong, So is Kotal Kahn. SK wields a War Hammer, KK wields wat looks t be a Spiked clubbed/sword. An although they look different from their attires, look at pictures closly, I see Shao Kahn!

As far as Kano goes, I know he isn't a fan favorite, but he is my favorite. But he has survived every game he was in and i would lie to see how it ends considering this new game will be introducing the next generations of fighters.