Kotal Kahn... a relative of Shao Kahn? The Konqueror himself?

The first two translation errors I mentioned did not change the context of the original script (although they did look silly enough to inspire internet memes). The translation error you brought up does. That's why I said they can hardly be compared to one another.

This guy are sick could have easily been a typo of "These guys are sick" or "This guy is sick."

The latter wouldn't make a difference, but the former would.
There's a HUGE difference between what ended up being "This guy are sick" (with the mistyped "is" for "are" meaning 1) or the possibility of "These guys are sick" (with the mistyped "This" for "these" and plural mistyped "guys" meaning MANY).

This guy are sick could have easily been a typo of "These guys are sick" or "This guy is sick."

The latter wouldn't make a difference, but the former would.
There's a HUGE difference between what ended up being "This guy are sick" (with the mistyped "is" for "are" meaning 1) or the possibility of "These guys are sick" (with the mistyped "This" for "these" meaning MANY).
I played the "This guy are sick" game. I know for a FACT that it referred to a single person at the time Aerith blurted it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I trust Boon's twitter posts much more than random German magazines. Magazines got a lot of things wrong during the MK9 hype train... and you can tell when Boon is trolling.

Of course, he might be lying on twitter, but I trust his twitter more than a magazine which relies on hype and news to make money.

I trust Boon's twitter posts much more than random German magazines. Magazines got a lot of things wrong during the MK9 hype train... and you can tell when Boon is trolling.

Of course, he might be lying on twitter, but I trust his twitter more than a magazine which relies on hype and news to make money.
Plus, this same magazine is published in a country with a well-documented history of banning MK games, and carries the name of a defunct publication. Anyone who thinks these are not red flags is sadly mistaken.

I do too, but I also can't refute leaked the Kano image of him facing Kotal Kahn, which doesn't looked Photoshopped at all.

I do too, but I also can't refute leaked the Kano image of him facing Kotal Kahn, which doesn't looked Photoshopped at all.

I believe the Kano news.

Not Kotal being Shao's son, though.

And Trash, a dude was talking about buying the magazine, so I think the magazine itself exists...

Not Kotal being Shao's son, though.

I agree.
I didn't believe that he was Shao's son either.
Ed himself said that Kotal Kahn is the new Emperor who took over Outworld in the latest Raiden video.

I was just pointing out that the German wording on the German GamePro could have been a simple misprint / typo, or that there could have been a simple error in translation.
That's all. :)

I agree.
I didn't believe that he was Shao's son either.
Ed himself said that Kotal Kahn is the new Emperor who took over Outworld in the latest Raiden video.

I was just pointing out that the German wording on the German GamePro could have been a simple misprint / typo, or that there could have been a simple error in translation.
That's all. :)
Does the fact that it's published in a country likely to ban the game raise any questions about credibility? Or the fact that the magazine carries the name of a publication that has been dead for 2 and a half years?

They certainly do to me...

Does the fact that it's published in a country likely to ban the game raise any questions about credibility? Or the fact that the magazine carries the name of a publication that has been dead for 2 and a half years?

Then take it with a grain of salt.
Ed Boon has already debunked the Kotal Kahn / Shao Kahn scenario, so I don't know why we're still going in circles, tbh.

As for Kano:
The fact that Kano is shown in a visual screenshot, fighting against Kotal Kahn, proves to me that he's in.

The website is still active for Germany.

http://www.gamepro.de/

Just sayin'

Then what exactly is the point of publishing information about a game in a country that is likely to ban that game anyway?

You do know that there are MK fans everywhere, right?

Australia has a HUGE MK community too and lots of those guys, namely the dude from Total MK (Luke), was constantly reporting MK9 stuff, and MK9 was banned there too.
MK9 was finally allowed in Australia, after the whole rating debacle took place.
Just because the game may or may not be banned there, doesn't mean that people can't be hyped for it.

Then what exactly is the point of publishing information about a game in a country that is likely to ban that game anyway?

I always used to use Kotaku Australia (because they weren't complete shit) and they published stuff about MK9 even after it was confirmed to be banned.

There's fans in Germany and they can always import.

Plus, it's not confirmed to be banned yet, so... yeah. Coupled with the fact that it's more to write about and more to write about = more money for them, then why wouldn't they write about MK?

I've seen German MKX commentary over footage before. The fact that the source is German isn't enough to discredit it.

You do know that there are MK fans everywhere, right?

Australia has a HUGE MK community too and lots of those guys, namely the dude from Total MK (Luke), was constantly reporting MK9 stuff, and MK9 was banned there too.
MK9 was finally allowed in Australia, after the whole rating debacle took place.
Just because the game may or may not be banned there, doesn't mean that people can't be hyped for it.
Australia doesn't have anywhere close to the MK banning history that Germany does. In fact, the console ports of MKII (and probably 1 and 3 as well) were banned in Germany for 10 years, and by the time those bans were finally lifted, the consoles in question were long discontinued and their respective ports were long out of print.

Australia doesn't have anywhere close to the MK banning history that Germany does. In fact, the console ports of MKII (and probably 1 and 3 as well) were banned in Germany for 10 years, and by the time those bans were finally lifted, the consoles in question were long discontinued and their respective ports were long out of print.

So?
Australia and Germany both have had bans on MK, but that doesn't mean that it fans can't be hyped for it.

Has Shao Kahn ever had a different name?
I wonder if it's ever been revealed who he was when he was Onaga's adviser.