Kotal Kahn... a relative of Shao Kahn? The Konqueror himself?

Yeah, but Boon is always a troll on twitter, we never know when he is lying to protect the plot. Also, now that NRS does DC Comics games, we really can't trust this thing "it's a total new and original character thing" that comic book writers/movie based always lie.

One person doubting something is not going to change my mind about any of these latest reveals. I'd rather wait for Boon to make his show at GamesCon before believing any, if not, all of the stuff we have seen is fake.

You can hate what you've seen all you want, but as of right now, it's at least something to talk about rather than just immediately shoot it down because of one incident.

Not to mention, despite I don't have a Twitter account (so I don't follow all of the comments he makes) those that get posted are most of the time, him joking around. Immediately jumping to conclusions based on a post he makes on a site that he's known for joking and trolling doesn't prove a single thing about confirmations. So until I see the words come out of his mouth, "Kotal Khan is not Shao Kahn's son," in an actual interview, that is if he even acknowledges the question (since he's been avoiding answering certain questions) I'll continue assuming what I've been seeing.

One person doubting something is not going to change my mind about any of these latest reveals. I'd rather wait for Boon to make his show at GamesCon before believing any, if not, all of the stuff we have seen is fake.

You can hate what you've seen all you want, but as of right now, it's at least something to talk about rather than just immediately shoot it down because of one incident.
Trust me...the German mag's claims about Kotal Kahn are bullshit. I'm citing the horse's mouth as proof.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

When Ed Boon is trolling on Twitter, he usually post a smile or post something really silly. His sweet on Kotal Kahn sounds legit. If he is the son of Shao Kahn then that creates a huge plot hole. Where the hell was he in the original timeline then? Shao Kahn never died in the original timeline, so how he can have a son before MK1 and never brought it up ever again. I think Shao Kahn is a race of Outworld gods and his death brought Kotal Kahn's attention.

When Ed Boon is trolling on Twitter, he usually post a smile or post something really silly. His sweet on Kotal Kahn sounds legit. If he is the son of Shao Kahn then that creates a huge plot hole. Where the hell was he in the original timeline then? Shao Kahn never died in the original timeline, so how he can have a son before MK1 and never brought it up ever again. I think Shao Kahn is a race of Outworld gods and his death brought Kotal Kahn's attention.

This.

when he answers a legit question, then gives a legit answer, its safe to say he isn't trolling.

and i also agree that Kotal Kahn's presence has something to do with Shao's death.

I used to speculate that Kotal Kahn is an ancestor of Shao Kahn, making him a demi-god.

Well, if he is truly the War, Sun and Blood god, probally one of this things was missing, and I doubt is sun lol.

Maybe he is powered by sacrifice and chaos, and without Kahn we lost a big part of it. Who knows if he does not ally himself with a major villain to see the world burn.

Also, if he is son of Shao Kahn, that makes more impossible form him to be a god, unless the Konqueror is a god, but this would elevate the level of plot twist to a not very interesting way.

I can't see a Shao Kahn's son/daughter being more powerful than him, except if Shao Kahn is the descendant of a full god.

Maybe he is powered by sacrifice and chaos,

thats an idea i can get behind. as the new emperor of Outworld, Kotal Khan demands its inhabitants to partake on daily sacrifices...causing him to grow more powerful by the day.

I mean....thats what Aztecs did right? Sacrifices and stuff.

thats an idea i can get behind. as the new emperor of Outworld, Kotal Khan demands its inhabitants to partake on daily sacrifices...causing him to grow more powerful by the day.

I mean....thats what Aztecs did right? Sacrifices and stuff.

Among many other things, they had a very bloodthirsty ritual, like his fatality.

But you know something, I don't think he fits on the throne as Emperor. Maybe he is a god of the same hierarchy of Raiden (but not on importance) that is getting weaker without war.

If he allies himself with someone like, I don't know, Shinnok, well, we shall have a good blood bath. But seems like his main status is as Sun God, War and Blood may be ways of getting him stronger.

Sorry, but I can't take anything on that site seriously if he's known to lie. I'll take my chances more on believing his statements when being interviewed or presenting at a convention.

Despite this wasn't Boon who stated it, I'm supposed to believe a Tweet that states Shang Tsung's powers were the only thing that was taken from him in the scene where Kahn appears to have transferred his entire soul into Sindel? I mean, the scene shows that his entire self was planted into Sindel. That tweet alone changed the entire scene by stating that only his powers were placed into her.

Sorry, I really can't sit here and believe these tweet things at all, especially not after what I've been reading as of lately. They shouldn't be the only source I need to constantly check up on for news and info. I should get all of that from magazines and interviews.

And if Kotal does happen to be a legit son from Kahn, of course there's always retconing. That somewhere along the line of this new timeline, Kahn was able to make a child and have it not be stated to anyone during 2011's story.

I really hope Kotal isn't Shao Khans son I mean I can by Kotal being Shaos ancestor but something about him being Shaos Khan's son just really irks me

It was probably a mistranslation.
Foreign magazines get info wrong all the time.
It's one thing to say "All your base are belong to us" or "This guy are sick". They look silly, but don't change the context of the original script. The translation error you are implying does change the whole context completely. If that's the case, then whoever was responsible for translation needs to be held accountable. Credibility is at stake in that situation.

Last edited:
Thank you.

Confirmed.
"Kahn" = Emperor, and has no relation to Shao, as I mentioned before.

Kotal is the new Emperor of Outworld.
Which means the German Gamepro is a FAKE!

Use of the "GamePro" name after that same publication shut down in 2011 = Strike 1

Published in a country likely to ban the game = Strike 2

Claiming Kotal is Shao's son, despite claims to the contrary from the horse's mouth = Strike 3! And last time I checked, it's three strikes and you're OUT!

Which means the German Gamepro is a FAKE!

Use of the "GamePro" name after that same publication shut down in 2011 = Strike 1

Published in a country likely to ban the game = Strike 2

Claiming Kotal is Shao's son, despite claims to the contrary from the horse's mouth = Strike 3! And last time I checked, it's three strikes and you're OUT!

I'll still chalk it up to being mistranslated.
Maybe they meant to put "not" before the "Kotal Kahn's son" part, and it was misprinted.
It happens a lot these days.
Hell, I've seen IGN mistype things in the same language (English).

I'll still chalk it up to being mistranslated.
Maybe they meant to put "not" before the "Kotal Kahn's son" part, and it was misprinted.
It happens a lot these days.
Hell, I've seen IGN mistype things in the same language (English).
"All your base are belong to us" and "This guy are sick" can hardly be compared to misinformation like this.

"All your base are belong to us" and "This guy are sick" can hardly be compared to misinformation like this.

Yes it can.
If the word "not" is missing, it makes ALL the difference in the world.

I.E. -- Johnny Cage is in MK X, as opposed to saying Johnny Cage is NOT in MK X.
1 word can make a HUGE difference, even if it's done by accident, which probably was lost in translation.

Yes it can.
If the word "not" is missing, it makes ALL the difference in the world.

I.E. -- Johnny Cage is in MK X, as opposed to saying Johnny Cage is NOT in MK X.
1 word can make a HUGE difference, even if it's done by accident, which probably was lost in translation.
The first two translation errors I mentioned did not change the context of the original script (although they did look silly enough to inspire internet memes). The translation error you brought up does. That's why I said they can hardly be compared to one another.