Sub-Zero Theory

I just hope my Liu Kang will be playable :/.

when he said our innocence, do you think he was talking about the his clan? This might be Bi han

I was going to post this... If he were a Noob-Sub-Zero fusion, then why wouldn't he say WE tire of maintaing our innocence? As opposed to I tire of maintaining our innocence. The current version implies that he as a singular being is sticking up for a group of people.

Honestly, the vibe that I got from Ed during the Playstation stream was "we gave you your fan service/reboot, now stfu as we try to take this franchise different places and experiment with everything". Not that that's a bad thing, but it can be done too much.

The vibe I got with "aged characters" From Ed was essentially "some MK favorite mortals will be older in MK X, but not everyone will return."
Some, but not all.

I also hope Cassie Cage is the only character based on 2 mixed original characters.
Aside from Cassie, I want to see completely original characters, with their OWN moves.
I don't want to see Liu Kang's cousin wih his moves, or Kano's nephew with his moves.

If they start to do that too much in MK X, then it starts coming off as MK4 Jarek, and the real question of:
"If ____________ is just a re-skin, then why not have _____________ (the original character) in, instead?" has to be asked.

^ Bi Han could be grandmaster of the Lin Kuei too. Since they seem to be drastically changing things up, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it.

wait wait wait. So, we are not only saying that the elder gods took Noob Saibot aka Bi-Han from the soulnado. We are now saying after this he also decides to go back and take the Lin Kuei. So, he's not just rehashing Scorpion's story, but also Kuai's???

Oh, and it's not like Kuai has a reason to want to take back the Lin Kuei either. Sektor didn't turn him into a cyborg or anything like that....

Well, Younger Sub-Zero was a complete boss in the old timeline and we all know that timeline sadly went to hell with Shao Khan somehow pulling a win by racing to the top after Onaga had dragged him away.

So maybe to make a better timeline it needs Elder Sub-Zero to do what Younger Sub-Zero and Scorpion did, when he was a good guy, but better.

Besides, apparently in the old Timeline Younger Sub-Zero stabbed Scorpion in the back during Armageddon so... What was up with that? Seems like reboot has no place for Younger Sub-Zero which is a shame.

Maybe he'll get time to shine in another reboot 10 or so years down the line? That and I think Boon knows that Cyber Sub-Zero wasn't well received and since we saw him as a Cyborg even as an Undead Minion is means that it isn't reversible. So at most they'll have him be "Purified" and pass on to the afterlife in peace and never be shown again.

After all, many fans wont mind whose Sub-Zero as long as there's a Sub-Zero that's playable which is also a shame as I'm a huge Younger Sub-Zero fan.

Maybe he's Kuai Liang, maybe he's Bi Han, maybe he's Frost's son!!! who knows? i'm just glad that human sub-zero is in the game.

I have 2 theories on this Sub-Zero situation, and 1 of them will please the fans of both brothers, while the other may cause a riot.

Theory 1:

Sub-Zero in MK X is BOTH Bi-Han and Kuai-Liang via variations ("Grandmaster" = Kuai and "Cyromancer" = Bi-Han), just the same way that MK9 Sub-Zero is both Bi-Han and Kuai-Liang, via alternate costumes.
Similar to Cassie Cage, where 1 variation is Sonya and the other variation is Johnny.
If this is the case, maybe Bi-Han survives the Soulnado and Kuai's soul somehow comes back too.
Everyone wins.

Theory 2 (which may start WWIII, here, on TRMK):

Sub-Zero in MK X is a relative of the other 2 brothers or a former student, and picked up both types of fighting styles ("Grandmaster" and "Cyromancer") from Bi-Han and Kuai-Liang whilke training in the Lin Kuei, ala Cassie Cage.
Thus, making THIS Sub-Zero a NEW Sub-Zero, and neither brother.

Sub-Zero in MK X is a relative of the other 2 brothers or a former student, and picked up both types of fighting styles ("Grandmaster" and "Cyromancer") from Bi-Han and Kuai-Liang whilke training in the Lin Kuei, ala Cassie Cage.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

EVERYONE LISTEN UP

I just had a dream where I interview Ed Boon, first I show him a picture of Taven he goes interesting but nah then I ask about Daegon and he goes "I can't confirm anything" using his sly smile, next I ask him if the new subzero is a son of Frost he goes "how did you find out" which I go on with my theory.

Anyway 1. Daegon confirmed
2. New subzero is a Kuai and Frost love child.

You heard it here first folks.

I have 2 theories on this Sub-Zero situation, and 1 of them will please the fans of both brothers, while the other may cause a riot.

Theory 1:

Sub-Zero in MK X is BOTH Bi-Han and Kuai-Liang via variations ("Grandmaster" = Kuai and "Cyromancer" = Bi-Han), just the same way that MK9 Sub-Zero is both Bi-Han and Kuai-Liang, via alternate costumes.
Similar to Cassie Cage, where 1 variation is Sonya and the other variation is Johnny.
If this is the case, maybe Bi-Han survives the Soulnado and Kuai's soul somehow comes back too.
Everyone wins.

I'd actually be fine with a new one. Maybe it would end the damn debate every game.

Anyway, I don't understand your first argument though because while grandmaster definitely hints one way, cryomancer could go either. I would say that cryomancer would STILL lean more towards Kuai though for the simple fact that he found the heritage in the old timeline. Before that he just believed he was a human who obtained ice powers. He also picked up the cryo-armor.

Unbreakable could go either way though.

The grandmaster variation makes me think it's Kuai. If it's some other Sub-Zero then they're rehashing both Bi-Han's and Kuai Liang's story.
The rivalry with Scorpion(which both had). and Kuai Liang becoming grand master. Seems a bit lazy.

Your first theory is the more likely one I think. Plus I bet the second one would piss a lot of people off.

I'd actually be fine with a new one. Maybe it would end the damn debate every game.

Anyway, I don't understand your first argument though because while grandmaster definitely hints one way, cryomancer could go either. I would say that cryomancer would STILL lean more towards Kuai though for the simple fact that he found the heritage in the old timeline. Before that he just believed he was a human who obtained ice powers. He also picked up the cryo-armor.

Unbreakable could go either way though.

My explanation for my first theory is going along the thought process that Bi-Han was the first Cyromancer to be created in MK lore, being the older brother and the first one in MK1.
Grandmaster clearly hints Kuai-Liang, though.
That being said, you have a point with the cyro-armor, but either one of the Cyromancer or Unbreakable variations could be Bi-Han, leaving the 3rd variation to be a mix of the 2 (Bi-Han and Kuai).
I'm just giving a possibility as to how BOTH could be in, ala Cassie Cage method / MK9 human Sub-Zero method.

@ Araknyd
I don't know if Kuai will find the cryo-armor this time around. However, if he does(could be an alt) then in the old timeline he said it spoke to him guiding his every blow. That's why it would make more sense to me that Cryomancer hints towards Kuai Liang because the cryo-armor enhanced his Ice powers.

Bi-han may be the original Sub-Zero, but Kuai Liang found out about the cryomancer heritage. Unless they're literally giving all of Sub-Zero's story to Bi-Han then I see both Grandmaster and Cryomancer hinting at Kuai Liang.

@ Araknyd

I don't know if Kuai will find the cryo-armor this time around. However, if he does(could be an alt) then in the old timeline he said it spoke to him guiding his every blow. That's why it would make more sense to me that Cryomancer hints towards Kuai Liang because the cryo-armor enhanced his Ice powers.

He may be the original Sub-Zero, but Kuai Liang found out about the cryomancer heritage. Unless they're literally giving all of Sub-Zero's story to Bi-Han then I see both Grandmaster and Cryomancer hinting at Kuai Liang.

:|
I'm not trying to start a debate.
I'm just giving a possible explanation as to how 1 variation could be Bi-Han, with another being Kuai-Liang.
I honestly really don't care which Sub-Zero is in, at this point (Bi-Han or Kuai-Liang).
I'm just happy to have A human Sub-Zero back for MK X.

:|
I'm not trying to start a debate.
I'm just giving a possible explanation as to how 1 variation could be Bi-Han, with another being Kuai-Liang.
I honestly really don't care which Sub-Zero is in, at this point (Bi-Han or Kuai-Liang).
I'm just happy to have A human Sub-Zero back for MK X.

I know. I'm just pointing out what I see. Boon said there were hints in the roster screen. I fully believe the Rorschach place holder is Noob Saibot. Rorschach's inkblots resemble Noob's animations. Hell, in this 25 year span Noob may rule the netherrealm. Noob could have styles like League of Shadows, Lin Kuei assassin (throwing stars, etc..), and Netherrealm overlord.

I still just think Bi-Han IS Noob. I think he's a better character that way.

Ed Boon also said that the roster was filled with lots of liars too.
Some of those may or may not be true.
I don't see Noob coming back, but that's just me.
I see the more prominent MK9 story characters like Sonya (possibly older), Johnny (possibly older), Raiden and Liu Kang (maybe as a god or final boss) somehow returning, though.

For example, everyone and their mother could tell a Raiden silhouette with the triangular hat on, from miles away, but he's not on the revealed E3 roster silhouettes.
Raiden is someone who I DEFINITELY see coming back 100%, especially since he was the main protagonist of MK9, and likely the reason for the stuff in MKX ending up the way that they did.