Roster Speculation

Immortal Reaver

I think it's a good idea to have a single thread dedicated to trying to figure out this roster, as well as add in characters to try to get a roster before it's confirmed. I will update this picture with Photoshop to fill in what we think that the silhouettes are.

I say that we call out the silhouettes by number. #1 will be very top left. So Scorpion would be 4.

I think 14 and 20 are Cyrax and Sektor. AWESOME! (if it's true). 10 looks like Johnny Cage possibly. 11 might be Havik. 1 looks like a ninja-esque character. Rain, Noob? If those are Cyrax and Sektor, their placement looks weird. Usually player select is very precise on where they put people, at least the mains. It's also usually symmetrical with foes. An example is that Scorpion and Sub-Zero are both 3 from either side. I think since Kotal Khan is in the middle, he will be very important to the storyline in MKX.

Many thanks to Axe for the original player select picture.

(click to enlarge)
roster3.jpg

Spoiler:
(click to enlarge)
roster.JPG

Last edited:
I think it would be awesome if Noob Saibot's MK9 ending comes true and he takes over the Nether Realm, with the help of Havik, becoming the final boss in MK X.

I think it's a good idea to have a single thread dedicated to trying to figure out this roster, as well as add in characters to try to get a roster before it's confirmed. I will update this picture with Photoshop to fill in what we think that the silhouettes are.

I say that we call out the silhouettes by number. #1 will be very top left. So Scorpion would be 4.

I think 14 and 20 are Cyrax and Sektor. AWESOME! (if it's true). 10 looks like Johnny Cage possibly. 11 might be Havik. 1 looks like a ninja-esque character. Rain, Noob? If those are Cyrax and Sektor, their placement looks weird. Usually player select is very precise on where they put people, at least the mains. It's also usually symmetrical with foes. An example is that Scorpion and Sub-Zero are both 3 from either side. I think since Kotal Khan is in the middle, he will be very important to the storyline in MKX.

Many thanks to Axe for the original player select picture.

(click to enlarge)
View attachment 6418

Spoiler:
(click to enlarge)
View attachment 6419

May I ask what photo shop you used to add those pics?
Photobucket sucks for not letting me do that!

The guy in the porkpie hat is a direct pull of an image of Rohrshac from Watchmen, There's also a silhouette of Barack Obama, and the Terminator.

The select screen is a farce, and there was a tweet exchange between Hector and Ed that basically said this. "That Select Screen...So Slick."

They don't want us dissecting it, or they do, and they want us really scratching our heads.

I think they're all placeholders, given the pose and centering of all revealed characters are pretty uniform; standing straight directly facing the screen, where as the silouettes are all over the place, some facing an angle, different strength of zoom etc etc.

TBH, given how much of **** stirrer Captain Eyebrows is, I'm going to assume the silouttes and indeed the roster count have nothing to do with the final product and only exist in its current state to cause speculation.

characters i REALLY think will be in

havik, noob, chameleon (because they can make him not suck now), ermac

May I ask what photo shop you used to add those pics?
Photobucket sucks for not letting me do that!

CS5

I think it would be awesome if Noob Saibot's MK9 ending comes true and he takes over the Nether Realm, with the help of Havik, becoming the final boss in MK X.

characters i REALLY think will be in

havik, noob, chameleon (because they can make him not suck now), ermac

This thread is not about what characters you want in the game, it's about looking at the picture and trying to figure out who those are.

Who is wearing a fedora... >_>

I hope not, but...

WATCHMEN__Rorschach_by_rocketraygun.jpg

Freddy_render2.png

Why does it matter either way? At least we're trying to figure out something here and be constructive, while you're just blabbering about drag queens and being a dick to people on here.

Here are my guesses:

1. Noob Saibot (looks like a ninja and he's my hope if there is only one more ninja added)
3. Liu Kang (looks like the most asian silhouette)
11. Shang Tsung (old version)

Also starting to believe that there are either more characters or these silhouettes are bogus. Raiden should be pretty obvious. No way he isn't in the game. Same with basically any females. None of these look like Kitana or Milenna. Unless they didn't make the cut...