MKX: What characters from MK4-MKARMAGEEDON have "choices" to appear

xamoel

I mean, real choices.
One thing is what characters do you want to see.
another question is, what character have realistic chances
Besides Quan Chi and Kenshi off course.

Considering story and the development potential, I feel these have the most realistic chances.

Fujin
Kai
Shujinko
Bo Rai Cho
Kenshi
Li Mei
Reiko
Mavado
Tanya
Sareena
Havik

Also going up Ed Boon's latest tweets, Drahmin isn't going to make it.

Last edited:
Tanya (Working with Rain and messing up Edenia after Kitana, Sindel, and Jade died.)
Sareena (Working for Quan Chi.)
Li Mei (Joins the Forces of Light)

Does not seem like Mavado is coming back either...

I am pretty sure we will see Shinnok, Quan Chi, Tanya and Fujin.

Tanya (Working with Rain and messing up Edenia after Kitana, Sindel, and Jade died.)
Sareena (Working for Quan Chi.)
Li Mei (Joins the Forces of Light)

You may be in luck as far as Tanya goes. In another thread someone posted a link to some actress whose credited for voicing Tanya in a Mortal Kombat but it doesn't give much more description than that.

Does not seem like Mavado is coming back either...

I am pretty sure we will see Shinnok, Quan Chi, Tanya and Fujin.

I suppose I'm fine with a more confined selection of returnees but its still a shame about Drahmin. Based off the possibilities I'd be happy to have:

Shinnok
Quan Chi
Tanya
Fujin
And Noob Saibot for our MK4 characters. I'll also cross my fingers for Kabal though its unlikely.

Quan Chi, Shinnok, Kenshi, Fujin, Tanya, Reiko, Frost (maybe in cyborg's form, since Sub-Zero is dead and there is nobody to stop Sektor), Havik, Moloch, Sareena, Li Mei.

I wouldn't mind seeing Quan-chi and Shinnock and I would definitely like to see Havik return. Raiden will definitely be there and Sub-zero is on board so I'm pretty psyched so far. Whoever they add at this point will only be icing on the cake. The only thing I wonder is if they are going to implement a "multi-verse" type of dynamic in X. And if so, will we see different art direction for the different versions of each character?

If they include Reiko in this game, that will open the doors for (according to john tobias: "reiko was going to re-become shao kahn in MK4" ) either making shao kahn unlockable at the end of story of MKX or bringing him (shao kahn) back in MK11.

Nitara, Hotaru, and Havik may also have a chance to join even as DLC because of the different realms they represent. But most likely, they'll be in an MK game where the story is about Onaga and the Kamidogus.

Ashrah may have a chance too since she's from Netherrealm.

Shinnok's a damn good bet. I have a feeling someone there has an affinity for Tanya, so maybe she's in (assumption based on the fact that she was the only original MK4 character to be brought back before Armageddon.) I'd bet Havik because 1) he shows up in an MK9 ending, and 2) he's SUCH a fan-favorite. I was always surprised that Fujin wasn't in more games, only 'cause he seemed so important to Raiden's story, since they're friends. I dunno... Li Mei? It just sucks that more of the cast didn't make very big impressions on us. Kenshi and Havik stand out 'cause they're very iconic. Some others come close, but well... Here's hoping the new characters in the cast will be as iconic and unique as the cast of the first three games.

Well, to answer your question in a technical way, they all do if their stories are written in a way where it makes sense.

But I would really like to see Frost, Hotaru, Tanya, Ashrah, Drahmin, and Moloch make a return.

Shinnok's a damn good bet. I have a feeling someone there has an affinity for Tanya, so maybe she's in (assumption based on the fact that she was the only original MK4 character to be brought back before Armageddon.) I'd bet Havik because 1) he shows up in an MK9 ending, and 2) he's SUCH a fan-favorite. I was always surprised that Fujin wasn't in more games, only 'cause he seemed so important to Raiden's story, since they're friends. I dunno... Li Mei? It just sucks that more of the cast didn't make very big impressions on us. Kenshi and Havik stand out 'cause they're very iconic. Some others come close, but well... Here's hoping the new characters in the cast will be as iconic and unique as the cast of the first three games.

I agree on Fujin. Never understood why he wasn't fleshed out more. One would think he's important enough to have a little more pull in the MK universe than say... Reptile. Or some of the other lackey characters that repeatedly popped up during the series.

If they include Reiko in this game, that will open the doors for (according to john tobias: "reiko was going to re-become shao kahn in MK4" ) either making shao kahn unlockable at the end of story of MKX or bringing him (shao kahn) back in MK11.

I had a similar thought earlier today. What if Kahn was playable in this game but it was Reiko from an alternate timeline? I'd prefer that over Reiko coming back as Reiko. That's a girl's name, damn it!