The Tone of MKX

Whats with the MK3 hate? Yeah, the fatalities were at their worst but the game was awesome. I loved the empty soulless city environment.

Additionally...

Johnny Cage himself is comic relief. He was based on the original concept of MK.

Bo Rai Cho is comic relief. He plays a critical role in the MK story.

Agreed with both of these examples.
MK was a joking franchise, since MK1.
Johnny Cage and MK1 joking with the Big Trouble in Little China references are a few examples.
Hell, even the MK1 Pit Bottom Stage had beheaded team members on the spikes, just for the LOLs and for goofs.

Whats with the MK3 hate? Yeah, the fatalities were at their worst but the game was awesome. I loved the empty soulless city environment.

Agreed.
I loved the feeling of the MK1, MKII and MK3 games.

Outside of some toy looking characters and Bo Rai Cho's "humor", MKD had an ideal tone for me. It was dark, it was mystic enough, it had couple classic backgrounds for nostalgia, it had a sence of death posibile out of nowhere (death traps), it had feel of eternety (Konquest), it even forced you to think (Chess, Onaga fight). Too bad roster sucked and fighting engine wasn't good enough.

eah i agree mk1 an mkd were the darkest

and ill say it again cage never seemed like a joke to me...he seemed more of a jamie lannister type in mk1-2 y yet serious he never seemed like a dumb ass pleb like he has been portrayed since his 3d inductions

like i said iness i hardly see him how him goin yeah! an puttin on glasses means he is a total idiot who wears galsses in a fight is a huimbo an is not actually a great fighter, look at his mk1 bio vid...does he look like a joke there? NO...look at his intro into mk9 , does he look like a joke? YES

in mk1 he wanted to prove hes not a joke and a real fighter, ever since then hes embraced hes a POS....

yah look i always saw cage, as a skilled warrior, who got lucky being a big time star, public thought he was Bs....so he wanted to prove he was not, and he had an air of Hollywood big time arrogance...but he was always a serious combatant....he knew what the tournament was, he knew it was life an death, he admits it in the comic, by statin people will die, but not him....since his 3d carnation hes a joke...look at him in mk9 he is shocked an appalled when stung asked him to kill..he doesnt even believe whats goin on their... cage does not need to be a joke, neither does the games tone and I hope it sticks to the trailers tone it set... an looks like it too..

Cage in MK9 was similar all they did was take away his knowledge of knowing what he was getting into. He THOUGHT he was probably proving himself in a normal fighting tournament. He didn't know he got himself into a fight for earth realms survival. He didn't believe what was going on because he's suppose to be a real person walking into this world of realms and powers.

Anyways it's all subjective. I like MK9 Johnny Cage, I hope he becomes the main protagonist and you're all forced to play him.

BOHAHA HUEUEHAHARHUE

see thats he problem...its players like you who boon seems to cater for...the people who want this utter joke an mockery of the franchise....a complete kiddy adventure with some gore..its silly

and for the record I like cage, I just hate what they do with his persona....I think he could be bad ass, I hate him as a dumb bimbo... he can have the hollywood flair with out being a total idiot joke ...he could be like christian bale on the set of terminator salvation

But Cage is HOLLYWOOD! He's supposed to have a lot of pizzazz to him. He even wears $500 sunglasses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

your not even worth talkin to coz you miss the point, or your trolling....go listen to reign in blood on repeat or some thing, since you dont wanna advance hahaha

But Cage is so pretty.

for real though... I do like him. I'm a sucker for bad jokes and corny puns/one liners. Too bad you're unable to enjoy it for what it is.

I just wanna enjoy mkx as a dark and serious game, with out the crappy jokes...I think its been comical an childish enough for long enough, it needs a much needed return to being a serious game, thy had teh chance to do this with mk9's story but cheapened it...I hope they rectify it now is all Im saying... you guys who love the humor have had enough from mk2 onwards..mkd took it out thank god...

But Cage represents...Hollywood! He's supposed to act like the big star!
A Hollywood star?
Yes.
A brainless egotistic douchebag that would hit on his mother if he could?
Hell no.
I'd expect him to act like Bruce Wayne, not like a frat boy.

I just wanna enjoy mkx as a dark and serious game, with out the crappy jokes...I think its been comical an childish enough for long enough, it needs a much needed return to being a serious game, thy had teh chance to do this with mk9's story but cheapened it...I hope they rectify it now is all Im saying... you guys who love the humor have had enough from mk2 onwards..mkd took it out thank god...

As much as I dislike your condescending attitude towards my fellow forum-users, I agree to an extent. MK has been cartoon-y for long enough. Mk9 was great, obviously, but it was a tribute to previous MKs/fan service. I think this time should absolutely be a darker experience. Now, that being said, I do think they should have camp-y stuff peppered in as maybe finishers under certain circumstances (I E : friendships). I generally think it needs a darker tone when it comes to story. Shit's serious this time : almost all of earthrealm's fighters are dead, quan chi and shinnok have some weird shit up their sleeves, Liu Kang is dead at Raiden's hands.. No room for jokes imo. From the looks of the trailer, we should be getting a darker MK, but then again.. There was a trailer really similar to this with the last MK

THAT trailer is dark, brutal, gory, and hell.. Kinda horrific. THAT'S the kind of atmosphere I am expecting and hoping for.