The Tone of MKX

i dont care, but you got it all wrong, i justy know how good mk could be, and hoping it will be that way

You don't know what's right for MK. Boon and NRS does. (It is their creative vision they are showing us. If you don't like it, you are in the wrong forum.) You're not a game developer, you don't even have the English ability of a normal high school kid.

I'm PSYCHED so far.
Love that there's all new characters, love the new announcer, the graphics, the mechanics, the proportions in the ninjas' models, the fatalities (yes, I even love the hole in SZ's torso, which despite impossible, isn't downright stupid like Sonya's), love the way the X-rays are much better integrated into the fighting, not breaking it like in MK9, love the stage interactions, Sub-zero and Scorpion's quotes are badass... I can't ask for more.
The voice acting and writing in the "lady bug" and that baby that rides that grunt could be better, but whatever.
I can't complain.
This is looking SPECTACULAR.

For the first time in MANY Mortal Kombat games, I LOVE the new announcer.
Feels like an actual voice, and not a downpitched ritalin addict.

Last edited:
Maybe it is, but he sure sounds much less raspy and overexcited.
Just take listen to the "Fatality" and the laugh at the end.
In MK9 it was like "BLAAAARGH!!! LOOK AT ME, EVERYONE!!! I'M SO LOUD AND BADASS!!!".
Now he's more laid back and actually dark and evil.

What's still weird to me is that the fatalities have a strange absence of actual agony screams.
There is a nice scream at the end but for the most part, the fatalities are shown mostly silent.
That was one that also bugged me in MK9.
During the fatalities, the people being dismembered were mostly like "oof, agh, aaaagggg" and not "BWAAAAAAAAAAGH!" like you'd expect if your body was being destroyed while you're still alive.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

That Tinkerbell chick needs to be 86ed as soon as possible. I can tolerate the other 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Yeah, the new ones are like they belong in some other (weirder) game.
But I can live with that I guess as long as they do justice to the classic ones.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

It's incredibly disappointing to see how unreceptive people are to the new characters. FINALLY we get some new, original, not based on glitches or rumors, not ninja characters and people are complaining? Most common complaint being "They don't fit MK" or something to that effect, how does that even make sense?! MK hasn't had a new character since Armageddon. At this point, of COURSE someone new is gonna look foreign. They're well designed and WAY more intriguing than a large majority of post-MK4 characters so.. WHAT DO YOU WANT!? ANOTHER NINJA?! God damn people, control your expectations.

Maybe it is, but he sure sounds much less raspy and overexcited.
Just take listen to the "Fatality" and the laugh at the end.
In MK9 it was like "BLAAAARGH!!! LOOK AT ME, EVERYONE!!! I'M SO LOUD AND BADASS!!!".
Now he's more laid back and actually dark and evil.

MK9 announcer = Shao Kahn
MK X announcer likely = Shinnok

Can't make them sound too similar if Shao Kahn isn't in the game, because then people would be like "Why the f*** is Shao Kahn the announcer if Shao Kahn died and isn't in THIS game?"

It's incredibly disappointing to see how unreceptive people are to the new characters. FINALLY we get some new, original, not based on glitches or rumors, not ninja characters and people are complaining? Most common complaint being "They don't fit MK" or something to that effect, how does that even make sense?! MK hasn't had a new character since Armageddon. At this point, of COURSE someone new is gonna look foreign. They're well designed and WAY more intriguing than a large majority of post-MK4 characters so.. WHAT DO YOU WANT!? ANOTHER NINJA?! God damn people, control your expectations.

THIS.
Thank you.

F***ing A, man.
We finally get some new characters, as people have been complaining for months that they don't want the same recycled stuff from past games, and we finally get that, and all that people do is b****.

MK X has that MKII tone back into it, and I, for one, couldn't be happier as a 22-year MK fanatic.

Not counting those based on glitches, I think we have been due for new ninjas for quite a while. In fact, I think there should be one MK game with an all ninja roster...just one game. It doesn't have to be canon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk