MKX Video Analyzing/Speculating

That was awesome. I was glad to see a human Sub-Zero again! Even if he was being defiled by Scorpion. But damn, this doesn't shed any light on the story. But what I found interesting is he has the Lin Kuei badge on his chest..

Loving the dual-spear concept for Scorpion as well. One gripe I had about scorpion in the past is how he never used his spear other than to pull his opponent towards him, hope we see more this time round.

Maybe the persistent online mode is something to do with Netherealm vs. Earthrealm fights. Who's winning the war or something like that.

I wanna know what's up with Sub.

1. Is it a new person?
2. Is it Bihan or Kuai Liang?
3. If it is the younger Sub how the hell is he human again?

Oh and Sub may die in this trailer, (again), but who is the one everyone is talking about. lol

I think it's Bi-Han.
I'm going with my Soulnado theory.

Also, people forget that Sub-Zero also died in the MK9 cinematic trailer, because NRS always makes sure that Ed Boon's favorite and the NRS mascot always wins.

A CGI trailer isn't anything to go off of. I'm just happy to see human Sub Zero back. Also, pretty sure that's Bi Han.

Okay so my theory on how Sub is back is pretty simple, what is better for killing people than a Cyborg Assassin?
An Immortal Assassin.

Last we saw of the Lin Kuei they were working for Shao Kahn and working with Quan Chi. Basically my theory is the Lin Kuei cut some sort of deal with Quan Chi in exchange for the soul of Kuai Liang to become a specter like Scorpion that would serve the Lin Kuei. I'm sure Quan Chi would make sure that he is the one really in control over him though.

Looks to me like Sub-zero is a spectre as well, he took those bone breaking strikes way to well for a human. Can't wait to see Johnny Cage and Guest character James Gandolfini as Scorpions partner

Looks to me like Sub-zero is a spectre as well, he took those bone breaking strikes way to well for a human.
Oh, so what do you expect non-spectre characters to do when Scorpion does the same to them?
Roll up, cry and call the fight off?

Last edited:
Sub-Zero threw that fight! He bet a massive amount of money on Scorpion and lost on purpose so he could win his bet instead!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

IS anyone else interested in seeing how they incorporate the environment in MKX like they did for Injustice?
That was the crappiest part about Injustice. Having things thrown at you from the environment was the worst. If that is in MKX then I won't take it seriously as a competitive fighter.

While I was hoping for some gameplay, I do hope the features showcased in the trailer are going to be in the game, because I like what I have seen.

Question? How many of you are going to cry if it is Kuai Liang?

You should all know I hope it is. Because personally if it's not then Noob is ruined as a character for me.

Also they shouldn't even bring back Kuai if that's the case because everybody hates Cyber Sub-Zero.

I still hate the soulnado theory because it is such a crap story. Anybody and everybody should throw themselves into the soulnado because The elder gods may just choose to make you their champion.

Personally hoping Havik yanked Noob out of the soulnado to try and overthrow Shinnok in the netherrealm. Noob is an awesome character, but if he's not Bi-Han then he's not. He's just reptile, baraka, Sheeva territory lackey then.

I doubt Noob is not coming back in the future MK titles, but perhaps he can take a break from this one and give space to other characters. If the developers want to bring him back, they will find a way. For now, I am okay with this being Bi Han.

I doubt Noob is not coming back in the future MK titles, but perhaps he can take a break from this one and give space to other characters. If the developers want to bring him back, they will find a way. For now, I am okay with this being Bi Han.

I'm not.

Plus Mk9 everybody said it was Bi-Han too. Forever. Then they found out it was Kuai.

I hope it's Kuai. Someone actually had the theory that Quan resurrects Kuai to keep Scorps in check in case he defects.

That works with me because anyway gives Sareena a chance to get in his ear.

I'd rather Bi Han was Sub Zero than Noob Saibot. Bi Han was more interesting than Kuai Liang anyway. He has history with Shinnok and Quan Chi so he will be in this game in one form or the other.

I'm not.

Plus Mk9 everybody said it was Bi-Han too. Forever. Then they found out it was Kuai.

I hope it's Kuai. Someone actually had the theory that Quan resurrects Kuai to keep Scorps in check in case he defects.

That works with me because anyway gives Sareena a chance to get in his ear.

To be fair, early versions of Sub-Zero's bio showed that it was indeed Bi-Han intended to be the Sub-Zero of MK9.