MK10 Characters' storylines

What do you think the storylines for the characters for MK10 will be like?

So far, we see Raiden, Johnny, Sonya and Liu Kang as the only survivors.

Nah, Liu Kang's dead. The plot is gonna revolve around Shinnok's Netherrealm invasion from MK4. What I'm wondering though is wher is Shujinko? Sure not many people liked him but like him or not he's planted himself in as part of the lore. If I remember right he's still on his quest and is in the netherrealm during MK1-4 and comes out around the beginning of Deadly Alliance. I really hope they don't overlook this detail.
By the way, hello again everyone! I'm back! :D

Nah, Liu Kang's dead. The plot is gonna revolve around Shinnok's Netherrealm invasion from MK4. What I'm wondering though is wher is Shujinko? Sure not many people liked him but like him or not he's planted himself in as part of the lore. If I remember right he's still on his quest and is in the netherrealm during MK1-4 and comes out around the beginning of Deadly Alliance. I really hope they don't overlook this detail.
By the way, hello again everyone! I'm back! :D

Liu Kang is out cold. So he'll wake up eventually... probably by Shinnok, but not returned as a zombie.

Liu Kang will return scarred and burned. But he'll won't be able to join the hero nor would he ever join the villains. He'll just be an anti-hero/neutral to stop Shinnok on his own.

He still cares about his friends but not Raiden.

As for the others, what do you think should happen with the others including the new ones (past MK4-MKD)

Starting off with MK4:
- Kai
- Reiko
- Fujin
- Tanya
- Jarek

And I thought I'd add Sareena since she was involved with Mythologies.

Nah, Liu Kang's dead.

That will not stick. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Sacred Rules of the Elder Gods state that the soul of the reigning Mortal Kombat Champion is guaranteed for the next 50 years so that he has an opportunity to defend his title? Last I checked, Liu Kang is that champ. Dead or alive, Liu Kang still has the right and the responsibility to defend that title until he is defeated fair and square within the boundaries of the tournament.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Yeah but do the developers remember that? If that's the case shouldn't Shang Tsung and Quan Chi not have been able to assassinate him then? Or Shang Tsung have consumed his soul for that matter?

Yeah but do the developers remember that? If that's the case shouldn't Shang Tsung and Quan Chi not have been able to assassinate him then? Or Shang Tsung have consumed his soul for that matter?

I should point out that after Shang Tsung lost all his souls, Liu Kang's soul stayed among the living. Coincidence? I think not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

In his bio in Deception it said that he chose to stay behind tho. I'm not really trying to disprove anything here I'm just pointing out the possibility of inconsistencies with the lore.

Was actually just about to post an on-topuc reply lol sorry about that.
I think all of the characters introduced in MK4 need their backstories greatly expanded upon.
Kai- May wind up being a replacement Liu Kang since Liu is injured/dead/whatever.
Jarek- Kano didn't die in MK9 so we could possibly see what the Black Dragon has been up to since the Outworld invasion and see whether or not they side with Shinnok.
We could definitely see an alliance of Earthrealm and Outworld characters to fight off Shinnok's army. So I would think we'd see the likes of Li Mei and Bo Rai Cho and hopefully some new Outworld natives. It would also help to have Sareena on their side seeing as how she's from the netherrealm and could give them information.
I already gave my thoughts on Shujinko.

I'm hoping Reptile finally progresses from being the henchman just to give him purpose or so the bad guy can (never) resurrect his race, to actually doing something about his situation himself. Out of the henchmen I think he's got the greatest story potential. We read about Reptiles plight but we never see it or any action taken to the effect. Lets change that and bring it out!

Oh and give him a voice actor, that would be nice

Liu Kang needs to come back as God Kang. Lets have the firey bastard come down all pissed off and doing things his way. Add that entertaining layer to the story. I don't just want Shinnok vs. Raiden. Lets develop more characters with sub plots and change certain major parts of the story. Don't waste time travel on doing the same thing again.

Last edited:
What of the characters that are still alive? And I still want Liu Kang to return looking like his legacy counterpart.

As for the characters...
Good:
- Raiden
- Johnny Cage
- Sonya
- Smoke
- Jade
- Ermac
- Cyrax

Evil:
- Mileena
- Baraka
- Reptile
- Sektor

Like would you all see their endings canon? Minus Raiden's anyway.

I can see Raiden being stripped of his powers and reduced to a mortal and later becomes Dark Raiden.

@Revamp Kombat

Last I checked Jade and Smoke were dead. Although I feel Sub-Zero along with these two have the best chance at returning.

I hope the first two chapters are Sareena and Sub-Zero.

Sareena sees Sub-Zero in the netherrealm. She thinks he's Bi-Han since he's cyber.

She fights various netherrealm threats to escape to Quan's Inner Sanctum in Outworld. She enters Sub-Zero into the sanctum and he steps out fully human again.

Begin chapter two.

She catches him up on everything. He says they need to warn Raiden of Shinnok's plans. The two then venture to find a portal to earthrealm (Again facing threats on the way). They reach Raiden and warn him. Raiden begins searching for recruits and sends Sub-Zero, Sareena, Sonya, and Johnny Cage to the Lin Kuei temple to fetch Cyrax. The skies blacken. Raiden tells them to hurry.

Cut to Outworld where Bo Rai Cho and Li Mei are training. Li Mei is training with Bo to protect her village. They then notice the sky blackening in outworld as well. Shinnok has sent Quan chi along with others to attack Outworld and begin Shinnok's reign.

Bo Rai Cho warns Li Mei they must make it to Earthrealm as it's already too late for Outworld.

That's all I got for now, but yeah something along those lines.

Hope Sareena rescues Kuai Liang in the Netherrealm. She'll think its Bi-Han at first, but when she touched him and saw through his mind, she realizes that she sees Bi-Han's brother taking up the mantle.

First thing, obviously Shinnock and Quan Chi will be the main villains, but there's no denying Noob's place for the evil thrown. He's probably the most evil badass out of anyone and we don't truly know what happened to him. Hopefully they will elaborate on that.
Second, I do hope Reptile becomes his own warrior. He has a great story and he deserves time in the spotlight.
Third, Havoc will hopefully have a decent role in this as well. One of my favorite characters from the 3d era. As for all the dead good guys, well we all know that no one is ever permanently dead in mk. I think many will be playable and it'll be about them escaping being Quan Chi's slaves.

In his bio in Deception it said that he chose to stay behind tho. I'm not really trying to disprove anything here I'm just pointing out the possibility of inconsistencies with the lore.

But he stayed behind to help out Jax and the others from Onaga's spell.

Tanya and Rain will be a love team that will make Edenia a living hell. They'd be the Bonnie and Clyde of MK.

Li Mei will replace Kitana and Kai will replace Kung Lao to join Raiden, Johnny Cage, and Sonya. Fujin would also join along with Kenshi. Sareena, Cyrax, and Ermac (with King Jerrod in control of the body) would also betray the Forces of Darkness to join the Forces of Light.

I'd want Ashrah to be evil and destroy Nitara's vampire realm. Then, Nitara would also join the Forces of Light to fight off against Ashrah and the Forces of Darkness.

I would love to have a story line where no matter what character you pick you play their story line and as you progress and play other characters it fills in the gaps eventually getting the whole story. But depending if you choose a good or evil side depends on who your final opponent would be.

Just so you guys know, Ed Boon confirmed on Twitter that the game is going in a different direction. Its a sequel to MK9 but since the timeline has changed, everything that happens after is new. MK4 - Armageddon has pretty much been erased so I wouldnt count on characters like Tanya, Reiko, and Jerek returning just yet

Just so you guys know, Ed Boon confirmed on Twitter that the game is going in a different direction. Its a sequel to MK9 but since the timeline has changed, everything that happens after is new. MK4 - Armageddon has pretty much been erased so I wouldnt count on characters like Tanya, Reiko, and Jerek returning just yet

So wait, isn't Shinnok the boss in this game? I still expect Tanya to be in and the few others who were in the background of MK9 stages.

What I think is that it'll be a story similar to MK4 but with the MKDA characters in it. MKD characters can be in MK11.