Casualties in the Injustice Prequel Comic

Decided to make a separate thread for all those major characters who were killed or died in the comics of Injustice: Gods Among Us, in by order of occurrence and by in which Year before Superman's complete reign of Earth during the 5 year span..

For those who have not read the Year Five comics and onwards, DO NOT OPEN the Year Five spoilers whatsoever unless you're reading the Year Five chapters currently.

Year One:
Spoiler:
-Scarecrow (Jonathan Crane)-killed by Joker for his fear toxins.
-Jimmy Olsen-killed by getting shot in the head by Joker.
-Lois Lane-killed by Superman after he was laced with kryptonite-laced fear toxin, then brought her to space, thinking she was Doomsday.
Year 3 Annual)-Kid Flash (Bart Allen)-killed by the nuclear blast in Metropolis, moments after Lois died, triggering the bomb.
Year 3 Annual)-Beast Boy (Garfield Logan)-killed by the nuclear blast in Metropolis, moments after Lois died, triggering the bomb. Despite being shielded by Superboy, he didn't survive.
-The Joker-killed by getting impaled by Superman's fist.
-Nightwing (Richard "Dick" Grayson)-accidentally died by tripping and landing his neck on a debris, after getting stunned by Robin.
-Kalibak-killed by getting his head smashed by Superman.
-Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz)-killed by Superman when he used an empowered heat vision on Wonder Woman at her request, to force the green hero out of her as he's burning to ashes.
-Captain Atom (Nathaniel Adam)-died in a atomic suicide attempt, trying to take out Superman.
-Green Arrow (Oliver "Ollie" Queen)-was beaten to death by Superman.

Year Two:
Spoiler:
-Kyle Rayner (4th Green Lantern of Earth)-was killed by getting teared apart by Sinestro Corp members, after Sinestro tore his ring off.
-Ch'p (Green Lantern Corp Member)-killed by Sinestro.
-Despero-killed by getting his neck twisted 180 by Sinestro.
-James Gordon-succumbed to cancer.
-Arkillo (Sinestro Corp Member)-killed by Mogo the Living Planet's blast.
-John Stewart (3rd Green Lantern of Earth)-killed by Sinestro, by getting backstabbed through his heart.
-Guy Gardner (2nd Green Lantern of Earth)-killed by Yellow Lantern Hal Jordan, by having his injured arm with the ring equipped, ripped off before letting him fall.
-Mogo the Living Planet-killed by Yellow Lantern Superman by being pushed into the sun, along with Ganthet, getting burned to nothingness.
-Ganthet (Guardian of the Universe)-killed by Yellow Lantern Superman by being pushed into the sun along with Mogo the Living Planet, getting burned into nothingness.

Unknown:
-Black Canary (Dinah Lance)-killed by Superman's heat vision after he became a Yellow Lantern when pulling out the kryptonite bullet in his chest. Although said death has been negated, thanks to the intervention of Doctor Fate, by bringing her to a universe where that world's Oliver Queen is alive and kicking, along with her son Connor from her world.

Year Three:
Spoiler:
-Jason Blood (Etrigan's human form)-killed by Spectre's magical attack, being reduced to a skeleton before he can transform into his demon form when trying to close the door.
-Harvey Bullock-killed by Spectre's magical attack, being reduced to a skeleton.
-Ragman (Rory Regan)-killed by Spectre after his suit was ripped off, thus the trapped souls are released. The means he died was done offscreen, but it was a painful one.
-Deadman (Boston Brand)-killed by Spectre with a sword that can cut down spirits. Before dissipating from existence, he passed on his mantle to Dick Grayson.
-Phantom Stranger-taken out by the Spectre, when he got impaled by the spirit-killing sword before exploding that destroy the moon Mimas.
-Klarion the Witch Boy (Klarion Bleak)-killed by a blast from Sinestro's Power Ring.
-Detective Chimp (Bobo Chimpanzee)-mortally wounded by the blast that took the lives of both Blood and Harvey. He was conjured up by Klarion, but after the latter's death, the monkey detective will be deceased this time without the Witch Boy.
-Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)-killed by Wonder Woman when the latter used the Lasso of Truth to choke and break her windpipe.
-Swamp Thing- Was sent to Hell and burned to death by the fiery environment via warping reality during the battle between Trigon and Mister Mxyzptlk.

Year Four:
Spoiler:
-Renee Montoya-died from a heart attack after a major overdose from taking so many of the Kryptonian pills at once, before combating Superman.
-Hercules (Greek Demigod)-killed by Superman when the latter crashed him to the ground after flying to and from space.
-Artemis (Amazonian Warrior)-killed by Hera's beam, in which it was meant for Queen Hippolyta when she pushed the latter to save her life, at a cost of her own.

Year Five:
Spoiler:
Year 4 Annual)-Kilowog-killed by Sinestro's beam from the Power Ring, whilst indirectly caused the dome glass of the supervillain prison to break.
-Parasite (Joshua Michael Allen)-died after being tossed to the Sun by Superman.
-Weather Wizard (Mark Mardon)-killed along with Heat Wave by Bizarro Superman's heat vision, being reduced to a skeleton.
-Heat Wave (Mick Rory)-killed along with Weather Wizard by Bizarro Superman's heat vision, being reduced to a skeleton.
-Trickster (Axel Walker)-died after falling onto the mountain, when Bizarro Superman was covering his mouth during the sneeze, causing him to inadvertently drop the villain onto the layout.
-Bizarro Superman-killed by Doomsday via mind control by Lex Luthor, subtly against Superman's order of keeping him alive.
-Alfred Pennyworth-killed by Victor Zsasz, after being sent by an unknown contact to find the whereabouts of Batman, one way or another. The butler was sliced in the stomach as the killing blow, after being wounded three times by the killer. Ironically, the terrible deed were committed on his birthday.
-King Shark (Nanaue)-was unintentionally killed by the Flash, when the latter was trying to save Iris by throwing the broomstick to knock him out, but instead went to inside the former's mouth and pierces through the heart and the back, killing him.
-Hawkman (Katar Hall/Hol)-was beaten to death by the weaken Superman, after the former's kryptonite-laced mace was taken away by the Flash when he was close to fighting Hawkgirl after he tried to finish the tyrant Kryptonian off.
-Victor Zsasz-was killed by Nightwing (Damian Wayne) as revenge for the death of Alfred Pennyworth during a flashback after deliberately jammed the prison camera. He used the same knife that killed Alfred to slowly kill the murderer.
-Metamorpho (Rex Mason)-killed by Deathstroke when using a couple of metal ball bearings to pierce in the back of the shapeshifter's head via magnetic pull after firing them off the 1st time.

Last edited:
I was actually looking for something like this, I never made it past year one and I needed to catch up as quick as I could.

So far I love The Injustice Comics they kick ass and its better than the actual story mode..not that the games story mode sucked its just the comics is far more brutal and badass right now :}

The artwork on this cover is very awesome. And the end of Year Two is near.

Injustice-Year-Two-19.jpg

Bumped for the 1st official death in Year Three. Like the others, if you're NOT reading the comics, please DO NOT open the spoilers until the final chapter comes.

Update as we now have our 1st casualty as of Year Four. Since I've read the Year Three annual, I'm gonna add a few more deaths where each one goes, story-wise.

Sheesh, Spectre is a real dick. He's probably right behind evil Supes in killing the most characters. I hope he gets his before the prequel comics ends (seeing how he's not featured or mentioned in the game).

Sinestro too. He was basically the enabler for Supes' insanity and pushed him even further. He got off wayy too easy at the end of the Story mode.

Sorry, just had to rant a bit. Thanks for the list!

Sheesh, Spectre is a real dick. He's probably right behind evil Supes in killing the most characters. I hope he gets his before the prequel comics ends (seeing how he's not featured or mentioned in the game).

Sinestro too. He was basically the enabler for Supes' insanity and pushed him even further. He got off wayy too easy at the end of the Story mode.

Sorry, just had to rant a bit. Thanks for the list!

Sorry for the long overdue reply, but thanks alot.

Update: After New Years, I have returned on more updates for the list, now that Year Five (and final year) of Injustice is officially out and ongoing.

A few deaths you might have forgotten to mention. In Year One Jessie Quick (or what appears to be her) dies in the nuclear blast after she's saved Lex Luthor and is trying to save more civilians. In Year Two, the Yellow Lantern Arkillo (and possibly a few other named YLs) was killed by a blast from Mogo. A few Green Lanterns were killed by Superman, not sure if any were named characters. In Year Three, Mr. Mxyzptlk and Trigon were sent to "the void" which is apparently the closest thing they can experience to a true death. In Year Four, Superman kills Hercules by slamming into him from space. In Year Five, Superman gives Doomsday an enormous punch after Bane has him in a hold and told Superman to "finish him". I think it's a safe bet that Doomsday was temporarily dead after that punch seeing as how he didn't get up again and Superman told Bane to take Doomsday to Luthor's labs -not remotely a good idea if Doomsday was merely knocked out. Obviously Dommsday is gonna be back, death has never held him back before and he's being taken to Luthor's lab where I guess they'll develop the mind control stuff.

Very long overdue updates. And credit to Injustice for the ones I miss.

To Injustice:
For me, the only way for Doomsday to truly die, is if he was wiped from existence or reduce to nothingness, in which there's nothing to regenerate at all.

Sorry forgot to add spoiler tag at first:

Spoiler:
Can we add a crap load of medium rare cooked civilians to the list?

Last edited:
Sorry forgot to add spoiler tag at first:

Spoiler:
Can we add a crap load of medium rare cooked civilians to the list?

Unfortunately, they're not well-known in my eyes, although I do admire their courage even though not that great of a plan to begin with. Sorry Misucra, cannot do.

Update as of now during latest chapter of Year Five.

Unfortunately, they're not well-known in my eyes, although I do admire their courage even though not that great of a plan to begin with. Sorry Misucra, cannot do.

Update as of now during latest chapter of Year Five.

No problem. I wasn't serious either. :D But that scene was brutal as hell. And totally unexpected.