Guest Characters, Yay or Neigh?

Should guest characters be in MK10?

• Total voters
I'm in the same boat as those who don't want guests but realize it's more than likely going to happen from here on in. With the potential of expanding the roster I don't want those slots taken by guests.

If we HAVE to have them then I would see Spawn or Fulgore as more fitting choices. I could at least stand that in Mortal Kombat. Some fit, some don't. I don't see a chainsaw wielding cheerleader fitting into MK.

I know this may sound weird since the guest character I'd want in is Khal Drogo, and the Dothraki in Game of Thrones/Song of Ice & Fire are weapon wielding savages basically, but other than him, can we have someone that does NOT wield a weapon?

Well, duh there should be guest characters on MK10. That's what makes this game so cool. They throw in these little things that make every game unique.

My vote is No.
F*** guest characters.
Freddy in MK9 and Scorpion in Injustice are how guest characters should be handled; off of the main roster.
Keep that guest shit as a Krypt unlockable or off the main roster entirely, as DLC.
I'd rather see that main roster slot go to an actual MK character from the MK4 thru MK: D era.

Big difference between the two is everyone knows who Freddy is. My mom even knows who she is. I never heard of this Chainsaw chick till you mentioned her.

Also, to push this further, the thing with Kratos and Freddy is that they have a hand to hand combat ability, in addition to their weapons, which is what allowed them to work as characters in a fighting game, let alone MK. Tell me how lollipop chainsaw is going to have a hand to hand fighting ability with a freaking chainsaw in her hands.

Freddy didn't have hand-to-hand kombat.
He was a serial killer and child molester.
I don't know if that counts for hand-to-hand kombat, as he isn't a warrior / fighter.
He was just the popular choice.

I don't know if that counts for hand-to-hand kombat, as he isn't a warrior / fighter.

You're right, but at the same time, it would be more believable than a chick with a big ass heavy chainsaw trying to fight a bunch of Martial Artists.

Not to mention he had two gloves -.-

You're right, but at the same time, it would be more believable than a chick with a big ass heavy chainsaw trying to fight a bunch of Martial Artists.

One hit from it and you're dead. Really don't want that chick in the game myself. In fact, no characters. I'm just gonna have to go hard on them again.

Also, to push this further, the thing with Kratos and Freddy is that they have a hand to hand combat ability, in addition to their weapons, which is what allowed them to work as characters in a fighting game, let alone MK. Tell me how lollipop chainsaw is going to have a hand to hand fighting ability with a freaking chainsaw in her hands.

She does have her cheerleader moves and yes they invoked hands too. The chainsaw is retractible from her lunch box or some kind of bag she uses. She's still very agile and the chainsaw can be used like how Kratos used the Olympus blade. Also, she can use the chainsaw as an uppercut. Trust me, she fits in. You guys just hate her because of her colorful personality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someone didn't watch Freddy vs jason

I guess this reinforces my point, I just thought they gave him the ability to fight hand to hand because of the game.

She does have her cheerleader moves and yes they invoked hands too. The chainsaw is retractible from her lunch box or some kind of bag she uses. She's still very agile and the chainsaw can be used like how Kratos used the Olympus blade. Also, she can use the chainsaw as an uppercut. Trust me, she fits in. You guys just hate her because of her colorful personality.

Not really, well at least not for me, I don't hate her personality, I just think its completely outlandish in a world consisting of spectres, wraiths, sorcerers, gods, warriors, assassins, killers, ninjas, monks, martial artists, beasts, etc. that a random cheerleader jumps into the picture

someone didn't watch Freddy vs jason

Yes I did, and it's still not hand-to-hand martial arts combat.
It's killer vs killer with weapons and no martial arts experience at all.

At least the shitty Kratos can be argued in favor for, in that he had skill as a Greek warrior and Spartan training in fighting, whereas Freddy was just a killer, child molester and pedophile.
Freddy was put in because he's infamous among people who grew up in the 80s and 90s and "Ooh, he kills, so we can give him fatalities."
Nothing more.
He sure as hell is NOT a fighter or a skilled warrior.
He's just a horror icon.

My point still stands.

Juliet from Lolipop chainsaw really would not fit in. Lets forget the impracticality of her combat style and just focus on her character. Does a giggly school girl really fit in? Or do you just want her to fit in? Lets just summarise this: A bunch of hardened warriors, ninja, martial artists... and a zombie slaying cheerleader? It doesn't really fit. You can tell that she's out of place.

Lets take the other guest characters. Freddy, for example: A bunch of hardened warriors, ninja, martial artists... and a serial killer? Nothing seems out of place.

How about Kratos? A bunch of hardened warriors, ninja, martial artists... and another warrior/God? Seems fitting to me.

Just because two games are violent and outlandish, doesn't mean they fit together. They have different tones.

Plus, picture Juliet on the 'dead pool' stage. The colour scheme doesn't fit at all, does it?

I'm not saying that you're stupid or anything, or that it is impossible, but just take a step back and look at the bigger picture... Juliet just doesn't fit... add to the fact that that Lolipop chainsaw is not very popular, making it a bad business decision for NRS, the chances of her being a guest character in MK10 are minimal.

Lets take the other guest characters. Freddy, for example: A bunch of hardened warriors, ninja, martial artists... and a serial killer? Nothing seems out of place.

Freddy was very out of place, considering that he isn't a fighter, warrior, ninja or martial artist.
A better fit would have been another guest warrior, fighter, ninja or character with martial arts skill.
Killer =/= fighter.

Wrong

Because that was dream Freddy. And Dream Freddy can be whatever he damn well pleases. So another argument could be that he willed himself a skilled combatant.

Freddy was very out of place, considering that he isn't a fighter, warrior, ninja or martial artist.
A better fit would have been another guest warrior, fighter, ninja or character with martial arts skill.
Killer =/= fighter.

I know he doesn't fit in that way, but I wasn't talking about his fighting style. I was just talking about the "themes" of his character and how they merge with the MK series; I'm literally just taking his character for what he is, not who he is, if that makes sense.

Like, if you said "serial killer" in a summary of the game, whilst also mentioning the other types of fighters, it wouldn't make you say 'What the?' whereas, with a cheerleader, I would be rather perplexed at her inclusion.

I know he doesn't fit in that way, but I wasn't talking about his fighting style. I was just talking about the "themes" of his character and how they merge with the MK series; I'm literally just taking his character for what he is, not who he is, if that makes sense.

Like, if you said "serial killer" in a summary of the game, whilst also mentioning the other types of fighters, it wouldn't make you say 'What the?' whereas, with a cheerleader, I would be rather perplexed at her inclusion.

Exactly, this is what I was trying to get at with my post. Although in no way is Freddy a skilled fighter, he is still believable somewhat as a character in MK because of the fact that he's a killer. Then along comes a skimpy stereotypical cheerleader with a chainsaw. That really defines MK.

We just need to face it, and I mean this with zero offence because everyone is entitled to what they want in MK, but Nasty Freak's overt and strong passion for sex/sodomy/mutilation just doesn't fit the overall tone for MK.