Say YES/NO to MK characters coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to say yes.

Positives:
Another female
Potentially interesting story (Reminds me of Blade)
Another allie to the Forces of Light (?) (I honestly forgot)

Negatives:
Could potentially be boring as shit

So clearly we're gonna get more than 5 votes each Kombatant, and I believe this is gonna be a huge thread in the future, should we give an exact time period for each round?

Your thoughts, MKShao_Kahn?

Another thing I wish to point put/clarify is on whether the thread is going to run through all the MK characters or just most of the post MK3 ones? If it is the former, when it comes to characters who died in MK9, there will likely be an obvious dilemma then as most of them are iconic characters but bringing them back would belittle the story built up so far. I guess in those cases we have a separate list on for if we want them in the story or the game as a whole, or maybe just run the thread with the exception to these characters.

Taj, I was thinking we could have roughly two days per character? Should be enough for everyone aware of this thread to cast their vote.

@Jinko, the intention was to go through each and every MK character in the alphabetical order - so next one will be Baraka.

It is important to keep in mind that this is not a thread about favourite characters, but rather about whether a certain character should or should not reappear in the future of the series. For instance, my favourite character is Shao Kahn but I will most certainly vote against him reappearing, at least in the sequel to MK9. I think it is equally as important to discuss characters that appeared in MK9 as post MK3 characters.

I vote yes for Ashrah. MK needs a female that isn't sexed-up. She could be turned into her own original character as far as gameplay goes.

I say yes. I feel that she was a very intriguing character that was really different from the other females that we've had in a while. Not to mention, I enjoyed the fact that she was one of the fully clothed females as well (despite her secondary begs the differ). I'd like to see her return for the next game to see more of her demonic side since we know she has it.

That and well, I do this game on MKO and everyone there so far wants her in. So there's another reason why I'd like to have her in.

Have her have a voodoo doll stab move where she hurts them from any range. but make it somewhat weak. She can keep the upwards light blast that came down from the cieling, as well as one that goes horizontally.

That should stay a Fatality. In fact, the only Fatality that should've ever been downgraded to a special move was Liu Kang's MK1 Fatality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Have her have a voodoo doll stab move where she hurts them from any range. but make it somewhat weak. She can keep the upwards light blast that came down from the cieling, as well as one that goes horizontally.

Ex Version let's her leave the pin in the doll and drain's the opponent's health for a good 4 seconds while Ashrah keeps moving

Yeah possibly. She could also have a close-range special where she blinds them with light magic and it would stun them for a little. Maybe summon a pillar of light like Nightwolf's fatality, but it heals her. She would have to try to stay inside of it to regen health.

Spin Cycle could be kind of like Kung Lao's EX spin in MK9 where it advances. But it wouldn't pop them up. It would be used as an advancing special and combo ender. EX version could pop them up for a combo.

I would have to say yes. She has so much potential as a character. She left Quan Chi's Brotherhood of shadows because she got tired of doing the wrong doings! When she found the sword, she starting messing up the demons! The sword removing the evil away from her.Thus giving her the light magic she has. IMHO, I don't see a lot of MK characters that have a story behind a weapon. I think it's pretty unique and new. Though I agree her story isn't actually the best, but I can see the route they were trying to go for. It can be better. I like the idea. Hopefully, they can make it fit in the new storyline.

As for specials, I thought her power were pretty cool. Just not how she used them. Love her Alternative costume more than her primary. I don't like it when females cover up too much, but don't cover up enough.

That should stay a Fatality. In fact, the only Fatality that should've ever been downgraded to a special move was Liu Kang's MK1 Fatality.

It was twice. In MKvsDC, you could do the butterfly kick and execute an uppercut after you do it. And it was an X-Ray in MK9, lol.

EDIT:

To OP, you should make it a time limit. Like a week or so instead of stopping at a number of votes. And when it comes to picking the next characters, you should do a pattern. One of that hasn't been in MK9. And another who has. Keep going and going. I love this thread idea.

Last edited:
Have her have a voodoo doll stab move where she hurts them from any range. but make it somewhat weak. She can keep the upwards light blast that came down from the cieling

Kenshi and Kai.

Yeah possibly. She could also have a close-range special where she blinds them with light magic and it would stun them for a little

Kratos and Sonya.

Spin Cycle could be kind of like Kung Lao's EX spin in MK9 where it advances. But it wouldn't pop them up. It would be used as an advancing special and combo ender. EX version could pop them up for a combo.

Ex version becomes Kung Lao’s (also lets change the name to something that doesn’t sound like a washing machine’s setting).

Maybe summon a pillar of light like Nightwolf's fatality, but it heals her. She would have to try to stay inside of it to regen health

Now we’re talking. However it’s going to take more than 1 1/2 moves for an actual revamp.

If clones can be built upon they need to be in MKX as those with potential must not be wasted. Lets face it we'd end up with a roster of about 10-12 characters if they were not improved and included.

Again using Smoke as an example (you know, at random :) ) he had general themes that could be applied in different ways, enabling him to branch out as I said in my 2nd post. I’ll say the same for Frost once it’s her turn. I don’t see an underlying theme (or a way to put a unique spin on the moves she has already) for Ashrah that helps with inspiration in terms of a full on revamp for her specifically. You need to read what I've said again to understand.

How she’s dressed should stay the same but reduce the size of the hat or get rid of it. For once a female dressed for combat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.