Say YES/NO to MK characters coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do we choose the rounds?

Just randomly pick who goes against who?
Or should we choose the battle we think would be best?

It would be a shame if we didn't have a Scoprion vs Sub-Zero round...

What if we project some kind of RPG/fantasy/strategy game?

Each user should pick X number of characters, to be more organized, from MK1 to MKA (in other words, MKA).

When we mount a team (for example, 6 characters), by some eligibility, we could match two characters.

In a random way (some probability engine online that random two elements into win or lose, like heads or tails), would be decided who wins and who loses. We could also specify some kinds of ratio/percent for those who lost and those who won. Everybody starts on the same number, like a market.

In a timespan, wins who has the better team, with no changes.

And if a character gets a ratio, it will be this number for everyone. Like, if Reiko has 72% (of whatever measure we choose), he will have this percent for everybody who has him on the team. The difference is because some will choose some characters, others won't.

A player would start with initial points, to avoid those who enter on the game later to choose all those closer to 100%.

Just to spare time.

This sounds complicated but I like where this is going.

I was thinking, maybe the host paired the first round as fairly as possible. Meaning, pair characters who are nearly equal in popularity. Therefor we wouldn't have predictable match ups like 'Scorpion vs Mokap'.

But anyways, I'm up for anything along these lines. Is there anyone who has the time and patience to try and host this?

I get on everyday, so I wouldn't mind hosting.

I would definitely need some help figuring out exactly what were doing though.

I do like were Ledbetter's going with it...Although we might have to break it down and make a simpler version.

I'll give you an example of this, but it will require a preparation of those who got interested.

Talking about preparation all those who participe should make some things first. The number one is to decide the "points" of a character.

For example: Klassic Characters (MK1-MK2): X koins. Then we could find classifications to the other characters to put a "price" for them, for we initiate the game. So let's IMAGINE that a character from "Klassic Characters" (this group separation only needed for "price" input before we start playing) "cost" 10 koins, "Bosses" cost 20 each, and go on.

Also, we should decide a pattern number of koins for who start the game, like "40 koins".

Then, we must choose the number of characters each player can choose. I will choose, for example purposes, 6 slots.

[...]

Prices set, let's imagine we are three players (1, 2 and 3). Player 1 will start the game by announcing his roster of 6 characters, from M1-MK9 (I forgot Skarlet, for ex.). I won't give an example of roster, but if this player chooses two players, among the six, that are considered "klassics", he will spend 20 koins (because each costs ten on this fiction). For the other 4, he would need to watch his koins to choose a roster that he likes. The difference between the prices is just to avoid new players buying characters that will be overpowered.

Well, so the three players all have announced their roster (be honest ppl :laugh: ). Then what?

That's the part I need to think, and I accept all help. First, we would need a criteria to stablish the Tournament, so we would have an "arcade ladder". Of course some spots would be vacant, just like in the game, because it would be waiting another battle to happen. The Tournament would put two different characters in a "battle".

This criteria could normally be a challenge. Player 2 challenges Player 3, we must discuss this, if we accept the idea, because once the fight is set, it will affect all market ratio and the player on the battle will affect every team he/she is in. But it's important that all characters have the chance of fighting, so new players can choose them. That's why we need to count from minor points to maximum, to avoid having Frost 100% ratio and after 10 rounds, that she wasn't in a battle, still having 100% ration, making her, if cheap, better than a Klassic Character. That's why it must start adding points, not taking down.

The second difficult part. Imagine that, by that criteria, we have...Sareena x Daegon. Everybody who choose them will be interested on this fight. And those who didn't also will, because it should be a market. After "Y" time (round), players should be able to change their slots.

How?

The battles will decide a winner and a loser, by a probability. We must stablish a way to valorize the price of the player according to his ratio on battles. it's luck, but after fights happen, it will bcome probability. If Reptile wins, by luck, more fights, he will have a bigger percent than the others, so he will valorize because, if he is now in 68% chances of winning, he will be a tougher opponent to Kenshi, who would have 47% of winning chance. So, if Reptile started costing 10, as we said on the beginning, he would (by other criteria we should decide, I'm not the numbers guy, but I know someone!) be valorized into 13 (example) for becoming a high probability character of winning.

The valorization adds koins to the "chest" of the players. So they will have more koins to buy more expensive characters, and to follow the market variation.

If a player thinks that Kenshi has a ratio too low, he can buy a character that has a higher ratio. If it's cheaper than his koins, good, but if it isn't, well, then he should try making more. That's why must have a "SHOPPING ROUND".

After a number of fights, wins who got the best ratio, or maybe those who got more koins, or those who got more victories, or all three, and maybe we can make all of them fight to find one Champion, I don't know.

So the steps are: Prices, Market rounds, Criteria, Probability engine, criteria for winner.

I know it's complex, but we should decide each thing, step by step. Then we should need someone to host, who would have the trust to keep the numbers intact and to roll the dices on the battles.

I'll give you an example of this, but it will require a preparation of those who got interested.

Talking about preparation all those who participe should make some things first. The number one is to decide the "points" of a character.

For example: Klassic Characters (MK1-MK2): X koins. Then we could find classifications to the other characters to put a "price" for them, for we initiate the game. So let's IMAGINE that a character from "Klassic Characters" (this group separation only needed for "price" input before we start playing) "cost" 10 koins, "Bosses" cost 20 each, and go on.

Also, we should decide a pattern number of koins for who start the game, like "40 koins".

Then, we must choose the number of characters each player can choose. I will choose, for example purposes, 6 slots.

[...]

Prices set, let's imagine we are three players (1, 2 and 3). Player 1 will start the game by announcing his roster of 6 characters, from M1-MK9 (I forgot Skarlet, for ex.). I won't give an example of roster, but if this player chooses two players, among the six, that are considered "klassics", he will spend 20 koins (because each costs ten on this fiction). For the other 4, he would need to watch his koins to choose a roster that he likes. The difference between the prices is just to avoid new players buying characters that will be overpowered.

Well, so the three players all have announced their roster (be honest ppl :laugh: ). Then what?

That's the part I need to think, and I accept all help. First, we would need a criteria to stablish the Tournament, so we would have an "arcade ladder". Of course some spots would be vacant, just like in the game, because it would be waiting another battle to happen. The Tournament would put two different characters in a "battle".

This criteria could normally be a challenge. Player 2 challenges Player 3, we must discuss this, if we accept the idea, because once the fight is set, it will affect all market ratio and the player on the battle will affect every team he/she is in. But it's important that all characters have the chance of fighting, so new players can choose them. That's why we need to count from minor points to maximum, to avoid having Frost 100% ratio and after 10 rounds, that she wasn't in a battle, still having 100% ration, making her, if cheap, better than a Klassic Character. That's why it must start adding points, not taking down.

The second difficult part. Imagine that, by that criteria, we have...Sareena x Daegon. Everybody who choose them will be interested on this fight. And those who didn't also will, because it should be a market. After "Y" time (round), players should be able to change their slots.

How?

The battles will decide a winner and a loser, by a probability. We must stablish a way to valorize the price of the player according to his ratio on battles. it's luck, but after fights happen, it will bcome probability. If Reptile wins, by luck, more fights, he will have a bigger percent than the others, so he will valorize because, if he is now in 68% chances of winning, he will be a tougher opponent to Kenshi, who would have 47% of winning chance. So, if Reptile started costing 10, as we said on the beginning, he would (by other criteria we should decide, I'm not the numbers guy, but I know someone!) be valorized into 13 (example) for becoming a high probability character of winning.

The valorization adds koins to the "chest" of the players. So they will have more koins to buy more expensive characters, and to follow the market variation.

If a player thinks that Kenshi has a ratio too low, he can buy a character that has a higher ratio. If it's cheaper than his koins, good, but if it isn't, well, then he should try making more. That's why must have a "SHOPPING ROUND".

After a number of fights, wins who got the best ratio, or maybe those who got more koins, or those who got more victories, or all three, and maybe we can make all of them fight to find one Champion, I don't know.

So the steps are: Prices, Market rounds, Criteria, Probability engine, criteria for winner.

I know it's complex, but we should decide each thing, step by step. Then we should need someone to host, who would have the trust to keep the numbers intact and to roll the dices on the battles.

It's complex, I love Math, and sounds like it'll take a while. Fun!
And if you need help, I'd be more than happy to.
So, the fight rounds are like votes, like vote for Skarlet or Nitara, and the percentage the kharacter has determines the koins the player gets?

It's complex, I love Math, and sounds like it'll take a while. Fun!
And if you need help, I'd be more than happy to.
So, the fight rounds are like votes, like vote for Skarlet or Nitara, and the percentage the kharacter has determines the koins the player gets?

Thank you very much!

I thought fights being based on random probability. We should choose a method to select who would fight the other. The fight would be a coin toss, like "Skarlet or Nitara", then we could do it some way (I'll try to find something like that on internet) and somebody would win. Who wins, has higher probability to win next fight.

I wish I could find something that could mix probabilities. But what I find most difficult is what would be the method for us to choose who would battle.

About the probability thing, I may know someone who knows something to do that!

Honestly, it really does sound fun/cool...but I don't know if all the "casual" TRMK user will be able to get into it. I don't even know if ill be able to completely memorize and figure it all out. lol

I am alright with hosting a simple version of a vs thread. Something where we decide who goes against who and then we all have votes for it. VERY similar to what were doing here. Mainly because I know it works and that people like doing it. Also, we wont have to worry about rules or anything...Just good ole fashioned YES/NO with some discussion.

I would definitely need help deciding who goes again who though.
Clearly Scorpion and Sub-Zero is a good match....
What about, Raiden vs Fujin, Shinnok vs Shao Kahn, Baraka vs Mileena, Sektor vs Cyrax, Mokap vs Meat

Do you have any other ideas for vs. rounds? Maybe we should figure out ALL the rounds before it even starts.

This sounds overly complex for something that was originally brought up to be a simple game. I mean, you guys can do what you like, but I, for one, probably won't be participating.

Exactly my point. I just don't think people will want to go thru the trouble of learning rules and stuff.

I'm down to host a simple voting vs Thread.

I'v made a list of all the rounds that we could do...If anybody wants to look it over and give feedback I can PM the list to them..
If not, ill be starting the thread either today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Exactly my point. I just don't think people will want to go thru the trouble of learning rules and stuff.

I'm down to host a simple voting vs Thread.

I'v made a list of all the rounds that we could do...If anybody wants to look it over and give feedback I can PM the list to them..
If not, ill be starting the thread either today or tomorrow.

Agreed. We'd probably get more participation if we simplified it.

I think the fighters should be match up fairly. It should be characters of equal popularity if possible. So example 'Sub-Zero vs Scorpion' or 'Mokap vs Meat' Ashra vs Nitara, Ermac vs Kenshi etc etc

So that way characters don't get an unfair match up. If Scorpion was pitted against Mokap, (for example) we already know the outcome.

Right.

I already mocked up a list of all the rounds. MOST of the characters are equal in popularity.
There is some however, that are not as equal. Some I matched up simply because they're two characters who have something in common and it's a fair fight. I can send the list to you if you wanna look it over. there is a couple that i'm not sure about (Jax vs Sonya)
But in all i'm pretty sure it's a fair list.

Anyway, i'm going to go ahead and start it in about 10-20 mintes
I figured id start with Scorpion and Sub-Zero, that way we can have a bigger starting number and everything.

Right.

I already mocked up a list of all the rounds. MOST of the characters are equal in popularity.
There is some however, that are not as equal. Some I matched up simply because they're two characters who have something in common and it's a fair fight. I can send the list to you if you wanna look it over. there is a couple that i'm not sure about (Jax vs Sonya)
But in all i'm pretty sure it's a fair list.

Anyway, i'm going to go ahead and start it in about 10-20 mintes
I figured id start with Scorpion and Sub-Zero, that way we can have a bigger starting number and everything.

Sure. Send it my way,

I'm sure its fine though. Just as long as characters have fair chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.