Recommend me a Good fighting Dpad for 360!!

lariat

I'm thinking of picking up a new 360 later on this summer (since my old one crapped out some time ago) but I don't want to use that crappy dpad that comes with it. I been checking out the Hori gem EX http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Xbox-360-Gem-Pad-EX/dp/B00EOI2KE8 which seems to be the best bet since it's the closest I'm going to get to the Hori Fighter commander pro 3 but I'm still looking around..What do you guys/girls that play 360 recommend?

Wow! I might have to look into getting that controller! I honestly don't know, dude. I wish I thought of this sooner, I've been living with that ass-end stock d-pad for years now any alternative would be better then that piece of shit.

Here is a pretty good video from MKF30 (aside from his Deep voice for some reason) he does a decent run down of different third party controllers He seems to like the Hori the best but I'm taking this with a grain of salt considering this is the only video I can find that talks about the Hori Ex gem

You could also get a converter cable and just get a PS3 controller.
I know a few people who have done that for fighting games.

You could also get a converter cable and just get a PS3 controller.
I know a few people who have done that for fighting games.

I thought about that as well but I've had bad experiences with converters in the past. I figure for the money investing in a good dpad will benefit me better than buying a converter that may or may not work properly (mayflash I'm looking at you). I was looking at the inpin 360 to PS2 converter but those things stay sold out but I love hori's dpad. My only concern is hori stuff wont last (my FCP3 stopped working after a year ) hopefully they have improved the lasting factor with these controllers.

Last edited:
That's your only option. It doesn't matter how good they are, 3rd party controllers tend to break, yes even those from Hori. You'll have more options if you get a PS2 to Xbox converter, there's a bunch of fightpads for the PS2, you'll encounter fewer issues with the converter if you get a pad without analog sticks.

That's your only option. It doesn't matter how good they are, 3rd party controllers tend to break, yes even those from Hori. You'll have more options if you get a PS2 to Xbox converter, there's a bunch of fightpads for the PS2, you'll encounter fewer issues with the converter if you get a pad without analog sticks.

Most of the converters that are available require you to have a official Microsoft wired 360 controller plugged in (for some strange reason ) but most systems only have wireless controllers. My point is after investing in a console the last thing I want to do is waste money buying a wired 360pad just to get the converter to work when I could just buy a good third party dpad and wait for the inpin converter to be available (site says there's none in stock )to buy later before the hori craps out.

Last edited: