Do you hate injustice but love MK?

lariat

I love both but I get the feeling that TRMK doesn't feel the same way. If you are one of these people than state your reasons why.

I despise Injustice.
I think it has horrendous mechanics, retarded balance decisions, shitty character models and I hate the fact that some characters got more costumes than others.

That said I still play it every day.
I'd play MK more, but the online is garbage.

I despise Injustice.
I think it has horrendous mechanics, retarded balance decisions, shitty character models and I hate the fact that some characters got more costumes than others.

That said I still play it every day.
I'd play MK more, but the online is garbage.

if you hate injustice so much then why do you still play it every day?

Cant stand Injustice. It just doesn't feel good for me to play. I feel each attack and KO feels unsatisfying and the announcers pretty annoying and dull. I doubt it would have done anything if it was made by an unknown developer and without hype from pro players during the testing process.

Don't get why alot of people can not play MK due to balance issues but carry on playing UMVC3 with its crazed infinites etc.

MK has a wealth of borderline useless characters.
In Marvel, every character is Kabal levels of broken. So everyone has a chance.

MK9 online is pretty much a ghost town ever since Injustice came out, but I still play against friends and on the Hard difficulty in Ladder Mode.
I'd rather be playing SOME Mortal Kombat, rather than NO Mortal Kombat.

Now that I think about it, I don't mind Injustice. Injustice for me is like SFXT, other people might hate it but I will still play it.
Of course as I say that now, I'm scared to go back and play it.

First of all, I'm not particularly attached to any DC characters, so all that's left is the game itself. I tried the demo, and nothing felt right to me.

That being said, I just play MK9. There is little reason outside of nostalgia for me to go back to the the older MK games.

Last edited:
I hate Both. I am a purist fan of mk, nothing of crazy nrs "idiot" ideas. Imo mk is mk1 mk2 umk3 and mk4, a bit mkda, and then nothing more.

I hate Both. I am a purist fan of mk, nothing of crazy nrs "idiot" ideas. Imo mk is mk1 mk2 umk3 and mk4, a bit mkda, and then nothing more.

how can you like mk4 and da but not mk9, that literally makes no sense to me. those games were utter trash compared to mk9 in my opinion

i don´t like mk9 by 1000 Reasons.

Not all in life is the is the gameplay. Clearly The mk ´s Gold era are those games, not mk9.
Also there 1000 things that are very away of mk, i mean in last mk game.

Also, here in mk9, subzero is very idiot and weak for face to scorpion. And too they have abused with quanchi ´s incursions, also story line makes no sense. All characters are very exagerated in many details.
Also scorpion too is very abused in this sense, seem that mk is summarized to scorpion and quanchi, only.

Also i don´t see nothing of mk esccence in gameplay, just seem a shadow.

Anyways mk9 have some productive thinqs, but mk is an idea of Jhon Tobias not from Voguel-Boon, so its makes mk9 has not the same effect. Mkda have something of mk1-mk4 esccense, but then boon has shift to alot things that have nothing to do with Mk.
the problem, is that Ed Boon have not invented to mk, It ´s one of the principal reasons.

You do realize that MK9 is essentially MK1 thru UMK3, all over again, don't you???

Sub-Zero is a very good character, if you know how to use him, and by the sound of it, you don't.
Exaggerated characters? Sure, I'll give you that.
MK9 isn't summarized to Scorpion and Quan Chi only.
Play the story mode again and you'll see that the story doesn't revolve around them.
If you mean the tournament scene, then that's wrong too.
The most used characters in MK9 tournaments are Kabal, Mileena, Kung Lao & Cyrax.

Please tell me that you're not serious.
You do know that Vogel has been with Mortal Kombat ever since MK1, and written every single MK story, right???
The original "Gold Era" games that you so HIGHLY praise, were written by Vogel.
The 4 original members of NRS (aka Midway) were John Tobias, Ed Boon, Dan Forden and John Vogel.

I know warner bros payed NRS to make a DC fighting game to fill the gap for MK 10's release. I realise that injustice will always be considered as the substitute but IMO the game is way more flushed out than mk9. I understand if you hate the (more capcom friendly )fighting mechanics but NRS wanted to appeal to a larger audience not just the MK fan base. Mortal Kombat is and will always be my favorite fighting franchise but I applaud NRS for taking a chance with injustice. I respect peoples opinion as to why they don't like the game but I find it odd how much this game is ignored on here at TRMK. The Injustice posts are a graveyard in the message boards which is why I made this thread in hopes to figure out why. As far as the MK ''purist'' thing goes you're seriously missing out on some great fighting games if you stay that narrow minded.

I know warner bros payed NRS to make a DC fighting game to fill the gap for MK 10's release. I realise that injustice will always be considered as the substitute but IMO the game is way more flushed out than mk9. I understand if you hate the (more capcom friendly )fighting mechanics but NRS wanted to appeal to a larger audience not just the MK fan base. Mortal Kombat is and will always be my favorite fighting franchise but I applaud NRS for taking a chance with injustice. I respect peoples opinion as to why they don't like the game but I find it odd how much this game is ignored on here at TRMK. The Injustice posts are a graveyard in the message boards which is why I made this thread in hopes to figure out why. As far as the MK ''purist'' thing goes you're seriously missing out on some great fighting games if you stay that narrow minded.

In wouldn't call it narrow minded if people dont play other games because they don't like them. I love KI,Tekken, SF and MK. Perhaps they are the most popular but I grew up with these games and like the majority of the characters. Other games not so much, not because they are bad but i find nothing interesting about their characters or gameplay.

I think places like TYM have more activity to do with Injustice as its the current game for them, plus all the hype from plenty of tournie players who were involved in the testing process hyping the hell out of it. Off course the sheep followed, desperate for a game they could play and be taken seriously for playing.