Do you hate injustice but love MK?

It's a completely different game from Mortal Kombat 9...

That's why it's not talked about a lot.

I only play 3 fighting games really, and I've TRIED SSFIV, MVC3(I quit before ultimate).

the 3 I play are Blazblue series, SSBM, and Mortal Kombat 9.

I was hyped for Injustice.

What I got instead was 50/50 among us. And footsies where the danger zones are HUGE compared to the movement speed. Most fighting games you can weave in and out of danger zones to bait stuff. in Injustice, to even get close enough to punish something you need to have long left the safe zone.

I prefer to open up my opponents through mix-ups in TIMING, rather than simple overhead/low.

Blazblue/Mk9/SSBM are godlike at this and it's why I love it.

If you need an example:

MK9, IF THERE WAS a 50/50 most of them are 1 is safe, but leads to minimal damage, the other is unsafe, but leads to full combo. few rare occasions like scorpion, which isn't even a TRUE 50/50, as you can fuzzy it.

now ignoring the overhead/low mix up. Lets take my Noob Saibot for example. I'm choosing him because he's not even rush down but I can open people up through mix ups in timing.

His B+1, and B+2 by themselves are good for getting free chip in the sense people are expecting the rest of the string but it doesn't come. If they expect you to end it early. you can just finish the string thus opening them up. you can also do 1,2. It's just simply two punches... But the mixups I can do with this single string combined with D3, shadows, upknee is ridiculous. I could do 1, 1, 1. If I expect you to counter inbetween 1, I can just finish with 2. If I expect you to wait for two, I can just grab, or start a new string mix up. I could EX portal cancel the 1. I could do 1,2, then upknee to punish any attempt after 2. if I expect you to wait for upknee, I can just also start a new string or mix up, or a new cancel or grab. or I could back dash expecting a jump and go for a anti-air jab into combo.

the high chip damage coupled with this way of opening people up. Makes for high aggressive intensive fast fights. Injustice just had way too many gimmicky ways to open people where it's usually a brain dead choice and it was usually 50/50.

it's slow paced, it's defensive. it reminds me of Brawl, except at least it's not a joke.

SSBM you could do late aerials, and early aerials after grounded moves for mix ups. tricking your opponent into trying to retaliate out of shield at the wrong times.

Also SSBM's block system > back to block 100%

Don't sleep on the block button.

I agree on keeping the roster. Worries me we will likely never have a roster as good as MK9 on and MK game ever again.

Yeah. MK9 roster is awesome. They don't need to remove it. Look at Tekken, they keep adding new characters and keep the old characters, the series keeps getting more characters but it's still balanced. Sure Tekken Tag 2 has few problems but you can't compare NRS games to Tekken.
Btw i heard there's the rumor that MK10 will still get every MK9 character, except 4 characters (which no one knows except NRS), if it's true, i think it's fine.

I only play 3 fighting games really, and I've TRIED SSFIV, MVC3(I quit before ultimate).

What I got instead was 50/50 among us. And footsies where the danger zones are HUGE compared to the movement speed. Most fighting games you can weave in and out of danger zones to bait stuff. in Injustice, to even get close enough to punish something you need to have long left the safe zone.

I prefer to open up my opponents through mix-ups in TIMING, rather than simple overhead/low.

If you need an example:

MK9, IF THERE WAS a 50/50 most of them are 1 is safe, but leads to minimal damage, the other is unsafe, but leads to full combo. few rare occasions like scorpion, which isn't even a TRUE 50/50, as you can fuzzy it.

now ignoring the overhead/low mix up. Lets take my Noob Saibot for example. I'm choosing him because he's not even rush down but I can open people up through mix ups in timing.

His B+1, and B+2 by themselves are good for getting free chip in the sense people are expecting the rest of the string but it doesn't come. If they expect you to end it early. you can just finish the string thus opening them up. you can also do 1,2. It's just simply two punches... But the mixups I can do with this single string combined with D3, shadows, upknee is ridiculous. I could do 1, 1, 1. If I expect you to counter inbetween 1, I can just finish with 2. If I expect you to wait for two, I can just grab, or start a new string mix up. I could EX portal cancel the 1. I could do 1,2, then upknee to punish any attempt after 2. if I expect you to wait for upknee, I can just also start a new string or mix up, or a new cancel or grab. or I could back dash expecting a jump and go for a anti-air jab into combo.

the high chip damage coupled with this way of opening people up. Makes for high aggressive intensive fast fights. Injustice just had way too many gimmicky ways to open people where it's usually a brain dead choice and it was usually 50/50.

it's slow paced, it's defensive. it reminds me of Brawl, except at least it's not a joke.

SSBM you could do late aerials, and early aerials after grounded moves for mix ups. tricking your opponent into trying to retaliate out of shield at the wrong times.

The game's name should have been: "Injumpstice: safe 50/50 and vortexes" lol.
This game is where scrubs can win, even if their fundamentals are ass.
Too bad MK9's armors, few OP moves and Kabal ruined the game. That's why i want NRS to keep MK9's gameplay and fix its problems, add more things like mobilities, universal armor, comeback mechanic, etc..

The game's name should have been: "Injumpstice: safe 50/50 and vortexes" lol.

Yeah I'm not a fan. I thought they fixed the jump priority though? I dunno haven't played it in forever. I just remember Anti-airs were very weak.

This game is where scrubs can win, even if their fundamental is ass.

I somewhat disagree. Anytime you have consistent placings for players, it definitely takes skills and fundamentals to win. I just think, the way the fundamentals go down in the game in order to win, are extremely boring.

Too bad MK9's armors, few OP moves and Kabal ruined the game. That's why i want NRS to keep MK9's gameplay and fix its problems, add more things like mobilities, universal armor, comeback mechanic, etc..

I don't understand lol. You said you think armor ruined MK9, but then ask for it? I'd prefer NO universal armor. I'm not a fan of Get out for free card. That's just as scrubby IMO. If there is a Get out of free card, it better cost ALOT. like breaker costs 2 meter, or Burst in Blazblue you have to give up your Overdrive.

Of course you don't 100% get out for free. Anyone can try and call out sonya's EX kart wheel and block. But because of it's existence, you are not forced to randomly drop all pressure to try and call out when that move is coming thus giving Sonya free outs.

I'm not a huge fan of that, but she kind of needed it for the strong zone characters. I'm also not a fan of come-back mechanics. It's one of the reasons I dislike Marvel.

While we may agree about why we fundamentally think Injustice is bad, me and you want different things for MK lol.

Yeah I'm not a fan. I thought they fixed the jump priority though? I dunno haven't played it in forever. I just remember Anti-airs were very weak.

I somewhat disagree. Anytime you have consistent placings for players, it definitely takes skills and fundamentals to win. I just think, the way the fundamentals go down in the game in order to win, are extremely boring.

I don't understand lol. You said you think armor ruined MK9, but then ask for it? I'd prefer NO universal armor. I'm not a fan of Get out for free card. That's just as scrubby IMO. If there is a Get out of free card, it better cost ALOT. like breaker costs 2 meter, or Burst in Blazblue you have to give up your Overdrive.

Of course you don't 100% get out for free. Anyone can try and call out sonya's EX kart wheel and block. But because of it's existence, you are not forced to randomly drop all pressure to try and call out when that move is coming thus giving Sonya free outs.

I'm not a huge fan of that, but she kind of needed it for the strong zone characters. I'm also not a fan of come-back mechanics. It's one of the reasons I dislike Marvel.

While we may agree about why we fundamentally think Injustice is bad, me and you want different things for MK lol.

The problem with armor in MK9 is some of them are OP, like Kabal's ND, can do full combo with it, can be cancelled, on wakeup it's a disaster for who fights Kabal, especially EX ND; some armors are useless, and some characters don't even have armor. Armor in MK9 is a huge problems. Universal armor like Injustice or SF4 is fine imo.
I hate the way Injustice 50/50 works, and i'm always salty about that so that's why i always say it's a scrub game lol, maybe i just overreact.
And yeah, D2 was fixed months ago but Injumpstice is always its nickname lol.

Last edited:
The problem with armor in MK9 is some of them are OP, like Kabal's ND, can do full combo with it, can be cancelled, on wakeup it's a disaster for who fights Kabal, especially EX ND; some armors are useless, and some character don't even have armor. Armor in MK9 is a huge problems. Universal armor like Injustice or SF4 is fine imo.
I hate the way Injustice 50/50 works, and i'm always salty about that so that's why i always say it's a scrub game lol, maybe i just overreact.
And yeah, D2 was fixed months ago but Injumpstice is always its nickname lol.

yeah, I never said Kabal's Armor is fair. I'm not a fan of armor in general. If it's going to be used it needs to be on overall slower characters, that need it.

Kabal was extremely fast, had some of the best zoning and pressure. Could force you to block check with nomad dash cancels. safe 50/50(single hit, but still there)

he didn't need armor on top of it lol.

Sheeva, Jade, and characters like Goro if they are ever made seriously, will most likely need armor.

They could always give someone like sonya, more tools to stay glued on their opponent w/o using armor.

I'm still not a fan of universal armor lol.

yeah, I never said Kabal's Armor is fair. I'm not a fan of armor in general. If it's going to be used it needs to be on overall slower characters, that need it.

Kabal was extremely fast, had some of the best zoning and pressure. Could force you to block check with nomad dash cancels. safe 50/50(single hit, but still there)

he didn't need armor on top of it lol.

Sheeva, Jade, and characters like Goro if they are ever made seriously, will most likely need armor.

They could always give someone like sonya, more tools to stay glued on their opponent w/o using armor.

I'm still not a fan of universal armor lol.

i'll never want armor to be in any mk game if nrs give me sf3 parry system.:twisted:

I wish you played injustice critical. I would haved loved doing a koth like the old days but I respect your opinion even if I don't agree with it

I wish you played injustice critical. I would haved loved doing a koth like the old days but I respect your opinion even if I don't agree with it

My reasons are entirely subjective so I don't actively bash the game.
like I do to Brawl, because i believe that game to be utter trash when it comes to playing it competitively.

I never really got into Injustice. I tried to, but when I tried, the player base was already spread out through so many different consoles that it was hard to find a match worth playing, so I just didn't bother.

I don't like Injustice. Only characters I like are Batman and Superman, the rest of the cast is boring. If they release Injustice 2 before MK10, I'm gonna be pissed.

I've never been a huge fan of fighting games actually. The reason I love Mortal Kombat so much is because of my childhood and the awesome stories. So as far as Injustice, I guess its the same thing. I love to play as DC characters I read about. As great as a game MK9 is, I have a hard time going back to it after playing it for a couple years. I can't see myself playing Injustice for nearly as long as MK9, I'm just looking forward to what's next.

i like it, but i haven't played it that much that i became good with any character. On top of that none of my friends like it, so i don't even have the drive to become better with the characters

Its not that I hate Injustice, its a good game in its own right its just a little to cheesy for me in contrast to Mortal Kombat which has that dark kryptic element to it which makes it the best 2.5d beat em up franchise.

I hate the story of injustice. I hate that it's a Multiverse story instead of the Superhero Civil War it was advertised as.

I was pretty hyped for Injustice, but it let me down. I was expecting it to better than MK9 in terms of gameplay and it wasn't even close. It's an okay game but I expected better. Not to mention I think they really screwed the pooch on the roster.

If you need an example:

SSBM??? What is SSBM?

I don't like Injustice. Only characters I like are Batman and Superman, the rest of the cast is boring. If they release Injustice 2 before MK10, I'm gonna be pissed.

Deathstroke (My main), Green Arrow, Sinestro, Aquaman, Cyborg, all better than Batman and Superman. Superman is a slug, and Batman has weak combos. Regardless, I like Injustice mostly for the story. I even started reading the comic series that they put out, which makes story mode even more interesting. But I think you really have to be a hardcore DC fan to play it, or you're gonna have a bad time.

However, Mortal Kombat still is, and always will be my #1 game. I've played it ever since I could use a controller.