My thoughts on the next MK

creed200569

Now that the focus is on next gen, Id like them to focus on making this game THE game to play. I loved what they did with MK9 and would love to see the same kind of fighting in the next game with some more tweaks and additions added to it. Of course the biggest thing is the kharacters and even though alot of them died in the last game,for a next gen game,we should definately see them all return at some point either in game or through DLC. Each kharacter should have all special moves return and even the ones they left out in MK9 should come back. Fatalities should be a huge focal point in this game. With next gen, they will be able to do remarkable things with it and with extensive detail like with Cyrax's net fatality in MK9, instead of just falling apart like it did, it should of been like in the Resident Evil movie. Each kharacter should have 2 NEW fatalities and a classic fatality along with Animalities making a return in a big way. Brutalities I can see coming back since we heard audio files from MK9 and they didnt make the cut and Boon said they had some really cool ideas with them so Im excited for those as well. Babalities were a big surprise in MK9 cuz they werent just plain, they did a great job by adding humor to them.

Stage fatalites were great in MK9 but I was also disappointed to see some not have any like the Bell Tower. Plus another big thing that bothered me was some of the sound effects, especially the screams. UMK3 did a great job with the screams n I would love to see some similar to those. Background weapons would also be cool to have. Im not too worried about the story cuz Ive always like the stories in their games but Id def like to see more extras for us to do like a full finishing move trainer to do every move even stage fatalities,challenge tower back again,all the test your mini games,chess kombat,puzzle kombat n motor kombat and while the krypt was cool in MK9. I dont think they need to go into that much detail in this one. Just have a big graveyard with a boatload of unlockables including all the extra finishing moves and stages.

DLC should be a big focus on this game unlike last game which was ridiculous. They talked about being able to add more fatalities,stages n modes and didnt do any of that. We got 4 kharacters and some outfits, sorry but thats crazy, especially when DLC sold so well and people kept asking for more. Come on Boon, what do u guys hate money lol

Just a complete balanced game. I love MK but it felt incomplete to me, missing costumes, stages, fatalities.

I agree with some of the death screams etc, It was one of the things that disappointed me at first aswell as Shao Kahns voice.

It was one of the things that disappointed me at first aswell as Shao Kahns voice.

Steve Ritchie will always be the gold standard for Shao Kahn's voice. Unfortunately, his voice acting days are practically finished, because he was diagnosed with tinnitus (a hearing disorder with constant ringing in the ears) and last I heard about him, he was projected to go completely deaf in 2013.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

How about not screwing over the console and pc base by putting the best version of mk9 on vita. It was a cheap shot to the people who purchased the game on other platforms (minus the touch screen stuff ) and releasing the ''komplete'' edition instead which had no where near the content the vita had.

I definitely agree on the screams. Most of the characters get their arms ripped off and they sound like they stubbed their toe.

Everyone except Mileena. This shit is chilling, in the best way possible

Every scream needs to be of that caliber.

I want Tanya to have an alternate outfit where she is wearing nothing but some gold (I mean the metal) that's covering only her private parts. The amount covered on her is just like Mileena's 3rd outfit MK9. Yes with that outfit and a Cleopatra type of look.

They need to bring back Shujinko and Kai with prominent roles as the earthrealm heroes, along with Cage, Sonya, Kenshi and Bo Rai Cho.

How about not screwing over the console and pc base by putting the best version of mk9 on vita. It was a cheap shot to the people who purchased the game on other platforms (minus the touch screen stuff ) and releasing the ''komplete'' edition instead which had no where near the content the vita had.

The graphics are god awful on the Vita, I'd trade you the exclusive costumes for better graphics in a heartbeat. Not to mention that my main Smoke lost his reset, I should be the one to complain lol.

Could be sequel to MK2011 which i would want but think it's conquest title or like Shaolin Monks which i want too

I'd be 100% Ok with this too.
It's been too long since Shaolin Monks.
I'm crossing my fingers that NRS does a Sub-Zero and Scorpion action-adventure game next, or a Shaolin Monks HD port.

I would love for them to have more alts., more stages, more depth in the character's story, better gameplay, BETTER FATALITIES, it would be nice to unlock something where you can get MK3's shao kahn's voice, !

I'd at least have the following in the roster...

MK9 survivors.
MK4 characters.
MKDA characters.
Kia
Jataaka
Sareena

I agree about the sound being awful, Raidens projectile sounded like a 1980's cartoon laser instead of a lightning bolt, that brings me to another complaint about his projectile. What's with the cosmic snowball? it should be long bolts of lighting not some mini orb with a crappy looking tail following it. I also think the fatalities should be more ambitious, basing them all off of cut point holds them back. I'd love to see Raiden summon a thunderstorm, have dark clouds roll in over head as thunder rumbles in the distance, the clouds that are furthest away start glowing as if lightning is flashing, each time one flash dies another one happens closer and the thunder grows louder and then boom several large (and realistic) bolts of lighting shoot down from the clouds and the victim starts to char before their skin and flesh completely melt off and all that's left is a smoldering skeleton.

Another would be for Sindel, have her walk around the victim slowly and seductively then whisper in his ear "would you like to hear a secret?" then do her scream in his ear and have his the flesh sort of peel off of his head and spread out into the air with the waves of her scream and then eventually his skull shatters.

Obviously Raiden is my favorite character lol but I'd also like to see everyone have elaborate fatalities, it would just make them more special.

Last edited:
They need to make a sequel to MK9 first. 3 years is too long to wait for a sequel. Netherrealm should double their staffing so they can pump out a game every year. Have 1 team work on Mortal Kombat and a 2nd team could work on adventure games(Shaolin Monks) and other projects(Injustice). As far as the next MK, I'd like to see game play similar to MK9. Add some tweaks to improve it, but don't make any drastic changes. The entire storyline post MK4 should be forgotten and move on to something new. Most of the characters post Mk4 were not that interesting. A 20-25 chapter story mode wold be nice as well. I prefer the cinematic story approach as we've seen in the last few games.

They need to make a sequel to MK9 first. 3 years is too long to wait for a sequel. Netherrealm should double their staffing so they can pump out a game every year. Have 1 team work on Mortal Kombat and a 2nd team could work on adventure games(Shaolin Monks) and other projects(Injustice). As far as the next MK, I'd like to see game play similar to MK9. Add some tweaks to improve it, but don't make any drastic changes. The entire storyline post MK4 should be forgotten and move on to something new. Most of the characters post Mk4 were not that interesting. A 20-25 chapter story mode wold be nice as well. I prefer the cinematic story approach as we've seen in the last few games.

When I was growing up, it was possible for sequels to come out every year or every 2 years. Now it's only those sports, Rasslin', and piece of shit FPS games that get new games every year!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

If Netherrealm would hire enough employees, they cold split into 2 groups and we could get annual games. Average game production is 2 years. With 2 teams, annual games wold be easily done. I don't want to wait 4 years for a new MK game.

I don't think doubling the staff at NRS is a good idea although I do think some new blood is needed when it comes to things like the sound design and some of the artists. If the studio gets too big than expectations for sales will be much higher to justify it, if one MK game doesn't sell in the multi millions you could end up seeing the whole studio closed when they have that much overhead.