Console Wars

C-Sword

Sony Pictures and director Scott Rudin (Moneyball, The Social Network) are making a movie on how the underdog Sega took on Nintendo and the whole 16-bit war.

Anyone else interested in this? I always regretted picking the Genesis over the Snes, the latter proved to be the superior console when Killer Instinct and Donkey Kong Country were released, it had better colors and audio.

It was sad that bad decision making led to its ultimate demise

1) Sega CD and 32X

2) Releasing the Saturn 4 months ahead of the scheduled release date and selling it $100 more than the PSone.

3) Sega Japan turning down Sony's offer to manufacture them a disc-based gaming console after Nintendo dropped out of the deal.

Anyway, can't wait for this movie.

I owned the SNES. I ended up missing good Genesis exclusives games like Shining Force, Shinobi, Ristar, Streets of Rage, and Sonic the Hedgehog. I didn't get to enjoy these games until much later when Sega released a compilation of their old games on PS2 and PS3.

I played Killer Instinct a lot at the time, but looking back at it now, it wasn't that great. Nostalgia can only go so far. Donkey Kong Country, on the other hand, is something I would play again if I still had an SNES. Of course, even with the SNES, there are games I wanted but didn't have. When it comes down to it, I wish I could have both.

As for the movie itself, I'm willing to watch if given the opportunity.

Last edited:
2) Releasing the Saturn 4 months ahead of the scheduled release date and selling it $100 more than the PSone.

Sega also sold the Saturn exclusively to certain retailers when they launched early. It pissed off those who were excluded to the point where some of them even retaliated by pulling all of Sega's products from their shelves completely. It also pissed off third party developers who wouldn't have any games ready until September, which was the originally scheduled launch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

a console war movie being done by SONY........pictures anyone else not see the irony here.....no? me nether.