Thread: MK Artwork (MisuCra)

Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

MK Artwork (MisuCra)

Few people suggested for me to put my MK artworks here. I will post these first and after I will post the rest. Need to finish one MK animation first.

First Tanya

and now... the "Journey of Frost"

The Very first sketch:

Idea for Mask:

Body sketch:

Test Artworks:

The only comic page I have shown to public:

"Beta" Frost design (for Petition):

After that... while body suit looked like a cool idea, I decided to scrap it, as it was too complicated to put on.

Final Clothing design (I messed up her Jaw here, but still I was concentrating more on clothing than her face or hairstyle)

And new petition banner (with few avatars)

Well... That's it for now. I will upload more later.
    Last edited by Misucra; 04-23-2015 at 08:49 AM.
    TheMadAsylum Twitch channel - www.twitch.tv/misucra
    DeviantArt page - MisuCra.deviantart.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Misucra For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Re: MK Artwork (MisuCra)

Very, Very Nice illustrations. I didn't know there was an art section here(need to look around more lol). it's nice to see a fellow artist's take on characters.

New Kombatant
    PSN
    Shredder6389
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I believe the future holds good things for you, Misucra. I particularly like your first Tanya design, and your Frost designs are interesting. Your art is wonderful.

Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder6389 View Post
    I believe the future holds good things for you, Misucra. I particularly like your first Tanya design, and your Frost designs are interesting. Your art is wonderful.
    Thanks mate.

Here is another art of mine (really simple one). Scorpion is all over the place, so thought of making it a bit fair (and true). There is no scorpion without sub zero.

P.S If you want wallpaper you can find it in my deviantart page. http://misucra.deviantart.com
    Last edited by Misucra; 05-02-2015 at 07:16 PM.

Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Also for those who are interested. A speed drawing video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVYb...ature=youtu.be

New Kombatant
    PSN
    Shredder6389
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Misucra View Post
    Thanks mate.

Here is another art of mine (really simple one). Scorpion is all over the place, so thought of making it a bit fair (and true). There is no scorpion without sub zero.

P.S If you want wallpaper you can find it in my deviantart page. http://misucra.deviantart.com
    Epic. This is art by definition if that makes sense. The duality of Scorpion and Sub-Zero. The streaks of colour, the 'X' in the centre symbolizing the game. Thank you for offering your wallpaper's. Your takes on Yuri Han are amazing. I like the Blood Witch version most.

Good stuff.

Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder6389 View Post
    Epic. This is art by definition if that makes sense. The duality of Scorpion and Sub-Zero. The streaks of colour, the 'X' in the centre symbolizing the game. Thank you for offering your wallpaper's. Your takes on Yuri Han are amazing. I like the Blood Witch version most.

Good stuff.
    Thanks mate. Glad you like it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

your really onto something with that frost design.

its such a departure from the original design that it dosent even need to be frost. plus the anime style dosent fit MK anyway
    personally id ditch the whole frost thing and just have her as your own character under a different name

you could base an entire anime show around this character its very iconic

Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNinja View Post
    You are really onto something with that Frost design.

It is such a departure from the original design, that it doesn't even need to be Frost. Plus the anime style doesn't fit MK anyway.
    Personally I would ditch the whole Frost thing and just have her as your own character, under a different name.

You could base an entire anime show around this character, it's very iconic.
    Sorry for late reply (Should clean up my notification box more often).

It is such a departure from the original design, that it doesn't even need to be Frost.
    That was the point. Cause original Frost design, was so cheap and "Sub-Zeroish" that I spent months trying to make her look unique. Used many references from many different illustrations, games, animes. Even so tried to make sure that her design wouldn't differ too much from MKX style.

Also wanted to make her look unique, among other fighters, as well. So, I was wandering of what kind of title I could give her (That was before her reveal). Didn't want her to be ninja (AGAIN)
    Was first thinking of Banshee, but Sindel already has that title. So after thinking for a while, I came up with a "Witch". To my knowledge there was no Witch in MK series at all (at least official one). And "Snow Witch"? Hell, why not? She could be this Universe "Yuki-Onna".

(short explanation, just in case: Yuki-Onna is a japanese demon (youkai), which takes a form of young woman with white dress and long black hair. She usually appears to travelers trapped in snowstorm and uses her icy breath to turn them into ice coated corpses. Nice lady, don't you think?)

So final idea was of Frost "The Witch", "Child of the Blizzard", "Ice Witch", "Avenger" etc. A lone traveler with her goal to kill every single one of Lin Kuei members/leaders and anyone who allies with them or even look similar (the last one is cause of dementia/broken mind from trauma).
    Unlike Sub Zero who is collected and cool (no pun intended... maybe), she could be fierce as the blizzard. Skilled as a fighter, but also a bomb filled with anger, making her into dangerous, savage fighter with neutral chaotic alignment.

But that was just my idea. I didn't make her design, expecting it to be picked, but more to inspire and show Netherrealm devs, that Frost could be made into something completely different (especially now that timeline is altered) and unique (interesting). She could have been a potential Sub Zero successor.

Even so MKX happened... while her character has some future potential, she again was imprinted as "Female Sub Zero". In 3D era games, you could at least argue about her design being different from Sub zero, but in MKX... Sub Zero > Ctrl+C + Female body > Ctrl+V = Frost. Pretty much literally.

I was making all these designs and entire animated "Trailer" for Frost just to avoid that...

Plus the anime style doesn't fit MK anyway.
    That's just my drawing style. I often prefer Japanese style. Sometimes, I like to mix western comic style with Japanese. But, yeah she looks "animish",but again just because of my style. If done in 3D, I could easily make her look realistic (or at least MKX style).

Even so...

Personally I would ditch the whole Frost thing and just have her as your own character, under a different name.
    Normally, I would disagree, but, because of certain events regarding MKX and Frost *cough*broken PC Port*cough*, *cough*lazy and lame ass Frost cameo in story mode *cough*, I decided to take this design (Netherrealm didn't even notice/acknowledge it anyway) and use it for my game.

You could base an entire anime show around this character, it's very iconic.
    I renamed her and did a small redesign for her to fit my video game (basically just added roller blades and did few tweaks to make her look more "modern"). Had temptation to keep the name Frost (as name wasn't patented/copyrighted), but I guess anyone could add two with two, by seeing blue ninja like female, named Frost, skating across the city. Netherrealm might just pull **** move and sue my a$$, then :D

From this point, I am more happy with this turn of events. Now that MK series joined "micro transactions and big broken promises club", I am glad they didn't even notice the design (even thou I added multiple versions for multiple times in MKKollective.)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Sorry for late reply (Should clean up my notification box more often).

That was the point. Cause original Frost design, was so cheap and "Sub-Zeroish" that I spent months trying to make her look unique. Used many references from many different illustrations, games, animes. Even so tried to make sure that her design wouldn't differ too much from MKX style.

Also wanted to make her look unique, among other fighters, as well. So, I was wandering of what kind of title I could give her (That was before her reveal). Didn't want her to be ninja (AGAIN)
    Was first thinking of Banshee, but Sindel already has that title. So after thinking for a while, I came up with a "Witch". To my knowledge there was no Witch in MK series at all (at least official one). And "Snow Witch"? Hell, why not? She could be this Universe "Yuki-Onna".

(short explanation, just in case: Yuki-Onna is a japanese demon (youkai), which takes a form of young woman with white dress and long black hair. She usually appears to travelers trapped in snowstorm and uses her icy breath to turn them into ice coated corpses. Nice lady, don't you think?)

So final idea was of Frost "The Witch", "Child of the Blizzard", "Ice Witch", "Avenger" etc. A lone traveler with her goal to kill every single one of Lin Kuei members/leaders and anyone who allies with them or even look similar (the last one is cause of dementia/broken mind from trauma).
    Unlike Sub Zero who is collected and cool (no pun intended... maybe), she could be fierce as the blizzard. Skilled as a fighter, but also a bomb filled with anger, making her into dangerous, savage fighter with neutral chaotic alignment.

But that was just my idea. I didn't make her design, expecting it to be picked, but more to inspire and show Netherrealm devs, that Frost could be made into something completely different (especially now that timeline is altered) and unique (interesting). She could have been a potential Sub Zero successor.

Even so MKX happened... while her character has some future potential, she again was imprinted as "Female Sub Zero". In 3D era games, you could at least argue about her design being different from Sub zero, but in MKX... Sub Zero > Ctrl+C + Female body > Ctrl+V = Frost. Pretty much literally.

I was making all these designs and entire animated "Trailer" for Frost just to avoid that...

That's just my drawing style. I often prefer Japanese style. Sometimes, I like to mix western comic style with Japanese. But, yeah she looks "animish",but again just because of my style. If done in 3D, I could easily make her look realistic (or at least MKX style).

Even so...

Normally, I would disagree, but, because of certain events regarding MKX and Frost *cough*broken PC Port*cough*, *cough*lazy and lame ass Frost cameo in story mode *cough*, I decided to take this design (Netherrealm didn't even notice/acknowledge it anyway) and use it for my game.

I renamed her and did a small redesign for her to fit my video game (basically just added roller blades and did few tweaks to make her look more "modern"). Had temptation to keep the name Frost (as name wasn't patented/copyrighted), but I guess anyone could add two with two, by seeing blue ninja like female, named Frost, skating across the city. Netherrealm might just pull **** move and sue my a$$, then :D

From this point, I am more happy with this turn of events. Now that MK series joined "micro transactions and big broken promises club", I am glad they didn't even notice the design (even thou I added multiple versions for multiple times in MKKollective.)
    what name did you give the character?
    what type of game are you making? platformer like asassins creed? a fighter like mk? something else?
    and id like to see the design with blades sounds awesome

Xbox Live
    sniper09208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Few people suggested for me to put my MK artworks here. I will post these first and after I will post the rest. Need to finish one MK animation first.

First Tanya

and now... the "Journey of Frost"

The Very first sketch:

Idea for Mask:

Body sketch:

Test Artworks:

The only comic page I have shown to public:

"Beta" Frost design (for Petition):

After that... while body suit looked like a cool idea, I decided to scrap it, as it was too complicated to put on.

Final Clothing design (I messed up her Jaw here, but still I was concentrating more on clothing than her face or hairstyle)

And new petition banner (with few avatars)

Well... That's it for now. I will upload more later.
    Your stuff reminds me of Bleach.

Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Some updates

@NinjaNinja
    what name did you give the character?
    what type of game are you making? platformer like asassins creed? a fighter like mk? something else?
    and id like to see the design with blades sounds awesome
    I apologize for such late reply, but I figured back then, that I already said a bit too much, a bit too early. So didn't want to be all talk.

I named her Flake. I will upload her with more content, a bit later (now I can promise that).
    Game is... something like Jet Set Radio and Air Gear, but at the same time it is something unique.

I will show more a bit later, instead of writing of wall of text.
    Last edited by Misucra; 06-30-2015 at 08:12 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Misucra For This Useful Post:

Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Didn't upload much lately here. So here is Modern Frost.

I know I said that previous version of Frost was Final, but due me working on game and taking Frost design and applying it on another character I thought I should remake Frost design. It has a lot of elements from previous version, but it also has a lot of new ones. This design kinda changes her atmosphere completely (from previous versions at least)

Also this is just color blueprint. No shadows or fancy details. Gonna do that later.

Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Some sketches for animation.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Misucra For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Spoiler:

I know this is a 6 month old post, but I've just seen it. Anyway, this is your best Frost design yet IMO, really good job.

Also, I approve any and every Juri related stuff (except those foot fetish artwork some weirdos make lol)
    http://www.trmk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18651&dateline=1423877633

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Didn't upload much lately here. So here is Modern Frost.

I know I said that previous version of Frost was Final, but due me working on game and taking Frost design and applying it on another character I thought I should remake Frost design. It has a lot of elements from previous version, but it also has a lot of new ones. This design kinda changes her atmosphere completely (from previous versions at least)

Also this is just color blueprint. No shadows or fancy details. Gonna do that later.
    WOW this is amazing!
    Lin Kuei Assassin Wins

"There is no knowledge that is not power."

Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Thanks @emi_b7 and @Lin Kuei Assassin !

Ah the design of almost finished Frost. Yeah this design looked cool, but not exactly what I was looking for. She didn't look enough ninja for me. Even so I used that design of her as base for my final one.

This one.

This is the one I am finally truly happy with. Her own kind of ninja/warrior.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

^Now THAT is a great sketch! There's always been something strangely sexy about Mileena for me. Great work!
    Lin Kuei Assassin Wins

Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lin Kuei Assassin View Post
    ^Now THAT is a great sketch! There's always been something strangely sexy about Mileena for me. Great work!
    OMG I spit the drink after reading your message. :D Good one. Nah this is Frost. Not Mileena. She is wearing mask ROFL.

But thank you! :D

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

OMG I spit the drink after reading your message. :D Good one. Nah this is Frost. Not Mileena. She is wearing mask ROFL.

But thank you! :D
    Wicked Mileena vibe from this one! I'm also on my phone, so the lower resolution = misperceiving your drawing, lol. Yes, Mileena is hott in a scary way LOL.

Great artwork Misucra!
    Lin Kuei Assassin Wins

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information