Nintendo Sucks, and Here's Why

Gamespot is the same company that fired the reviewer of Kane and Lynch 2 because he gave it a 6 when Eidos had paid to have the game plastered all over the background of the site.

I got to try DKC: Tropical Freeze at my local electronics store today. If ever get around to buying a Wii U, this would be one of the games I would get.

i've never been a nintendo person, as a kid i had sega genesis and played snes at friends house which i obviously liked, i liked my gameboy, but that was about the extent of my nintendo fandom. i opted for sony over n64 during that time and by the time ps2 and gamecube were coming out i knew i had made the right choice since n64 only had a handful of decent games and just about NO real fighting games, while sony had all the main contenders, so of course i went with ps2 over gamecube which ended up being the right decision once again. then the wii....forget about that, the way i see it nintendo stopped mattering after snes and is just banking on a couple huge franchises.

I'd value anyone at this sites opinion over a "company reviewer opinion"

it's no different than mainstream news taking money from big corrupt corporations.

The view is going to be somewhat largely altered to keep the money coming in.

i've never been a nintendo person, as a kid i had sega genesis and played snes at friends house which i obviously liked, i liked my gameboy, but that was about the extent of my nintendo fandom. i opted for sony over n64 during that time and by the time ps2 and gamecube were coming out i knew i had made the right choice since n64 only had a handful of decent games and just about NO real fighting games, while sony had all the main contenders, so of course i went with ps2 over gamecube which ended up being the right decision once again. then the wii....forget about that, the way i see it nintendo stopped mattering after snes and is just banking on a couple huge franchises.

I really liked your post until I read the part about N64 only having a handful of decent games. Mario Party 2, F-Zero X, Banjo Kazooie, Pokemon Snap, Donkey Kong 64, Goldeneye 007, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Resident Evil 2, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Mario Kart 64, Starfox 64, Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Stadium. N64 is a god-tier console.

I really liked your post until I read the part about N64 only having a handful of decent games. Mario Party 2, F-Zero X, Banjo Kazooie, Pokemon Snap, Donkey Kong 64, Goldeneye 007, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Resident Evil 2, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Mario Kart 64, Starfox 64, Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Stadium. N64 is a god-tier console.

yeah you're right, those games are classics. maybe i sounded a bit too harsh because of my bias, but even though i enjoy a good few nintendo64 games i still feel that while it had some great ones, sony had a whole lot more to choose from and with more variety for any given genre. and it also doesn't help that i primarily played fighters...so of course i would lean to sony with n64 hardly having any at all. street fighter alpha, the vs. series, KOF, tekken, mk....when it comes to fighting games playstation had all the heavy hitters console verions, with dreamcast having the other couple worthwhile exclusives that sony missed out on.

Playstation was better for fighters but N64 wasn't horrible. It had Mortal Kombat 4, Super Smash Bros, Killer Instinct Gold, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Clayfighter 63 1/3, and others.

N64 was my favorite time with Nintendo. Mario 64, Aerofighters Assault, Mario Kart 64, 007, Perfect Dark, Smash Bros 64, Jetforce Gemini, Banjo Kazooie, Mario Party(enjoyed them back then), Battle Tanks+global Assault(One of my favorites).

the gamecube i only liked smash bros melee, metroid prime games, and the exclusive resident evil games.

was not a fan of the mario games, pikmin doesn't interest me, didn't care about animal crossing. let's just say anything outside of the above 3 things I mentioned I didn't care about.

Goro & ShaoDaddy Gamecube exclusives :pimp:

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
All I played on Gamecube was Super Smash Bros Melee, Resident Evil games (except 4), and Soul Calibur 2. but just those games made it worth getting.

The only games that I played on my GameCube were Zelda: Wind Waker, Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.

Goro & ShaoDaddy Gamecube exclusives :pimp:

maxresdefault.jpg

ahh, brings me back. My friend spent a good amount of time choosing his characters for Chess Kombat, then here I am making my whole entire team just Goro and Kahn. He was pissed. Good times.

Also Gamecube was great, it's exclusives that is. I'll defend it till the day I die.
What a shame that Critical Limit is the only one here who can recognize The Prime series greatness.
Prime 1 and 2 are some of those games that are getting even more praise as time goes on. They've aged so well. But sadly I've also seen a lot of b!tching on the web from people who cant get over the fact you don't use the c-stick to look around. Bunch of noobs.

ahh, brings me back. My friend spent a good amount of time choosing his characters for Chess Kombat, then here I am making my whole entire team just Goro and Kahn. He was pissed. Good times.

Also Gamecube was great, it's exclusives that is. I'll defend it till the day I die.
What a shame that Critical Limit is the only one here who can recognize The Prime series greatness.
Prime 1 and 2 are some of those games that are getting even more praise as time goes on. They've aged so well. But sadly I've also seen a lot of b!tching on the web from people who cant get over the fact you don't use the c-stick to look around. Bunch of noobs.

Metroid Prime was triple hat tier one of the best games on the Gamecube, I'd even say one of the best games of that console generation. 2 was amazing as well, played both of them a ton and loved all of it.

Except the goddamn spider boss in 2 :mad: