Venom and The Sinister Six spinoffs Announced by Sony

TAZZMISSION

BANALITY
thats great and all but can a villains only movie work without spiderman?

Sony has revealed its big plans to expand the Spider-Man franchise into a larger movie universe, officially announcing spinoff movies for Venom and The Sinister Six.

Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Jeff Pinkner, Ed Solomon, and Drew Goddard will collaborate on overseeing the “developing story over several films” says Sony, saying they “have formed a franchise brain trust to expand the universe for the brand and to develop a continuous tone and thread throughout the films,” in conjunction with producers Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach and director Marc Webb (The Amazing Spider-Man, The Amazing Spider-Man 2).

Kurtzman & Orci & Solomon will write Venom, with Kurtzman directing, while Goddard will write and possibly direct Sinister Six.

Said Columbia Pictures president Doug Belgard, “The Spider-Man film franchise is one of our studio’s greatest assets. We are thrilled with the creative team we have assembled to delve more deeply into the world that Marc, Avi and Matt have begun to explore in The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. We believe that Marc, Alex, and Drew have uniquely exciting visions for how to expand the Spider-Man universe in each of these upcoming films.”

Kurtzman, Orci and Pinker wrote the Amazing Spider-Man 2 and are returning to write The Amazing Spider-Man 3, which the press release notes Sony hopes Webb will return to direct.

Ed Solomon (Men in Black, Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure) is new to the franchise, as is Goddard (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Lost, Cabin in the Woods). Goddard will have his hands full with Marvel properties soon, as he’s not only working on Venom for Sony but will serve as showrunner for Marvel Studios’ Daredevil TV series for Netflix. Except for Solomon, all of Sony’s Spider-Man team have J.J. Abrams connections, with Pinkner first working with Orci & Kurtzman on Fringe and Goddard serving as a writer on Alias alongside Orci & Kurtzman. Kurtzman made his directorial debut with People Like Us last year, while Goddard made his with Cabin in the Woods.

Sony’s announcement of these Spider-Man spinoffs is the latest example of what we can refer to as “the Avengers effect” in Hollywood, as studios work to build interlocking movie universes – especially where superheroes are concerned. Warner Bros. of course is adding Batman and Wonder Woman to the next Superman movie, while 20th Century Fox is making plans for a shared universe for the two Marvel franchises they own the movie rights to, X-Men and Fantastic Four.

Spider-Man is the most successful franchise in the history of Sony's Columbia Pictures and the four Spider-Man films to date have taken in over $3.2 billion worldwide.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12...-venom-and-the-sinister-six-announced-by-sony

This is stupid what is the point of these 2 villains movies without spiderman it would make more sense making a black cat movie and even that I feel could be not all that good. There best bet would be developing a spiderman 2099 movie series and or a spiderman noir then if they want a crossover avengers like film do something like shattered dimensions.

A spiderman venom/carnage movie does need to be done justice though but after he battles the sinister 6 which I feel they might be going at wrong they need to build up each villain first with there own movie maybe even 2 in a movie before throwing them together.

This is stupid what is the point of these 2 villains movies without spiderman it would make more sense making a black cat movie and even that I feel could be not all that good. There best bet would be developing a spiderman 2099 movie series and or a spiderman noir then if they want a crossover avengers like film do something like shattered dimensions.

A spiderman venom/carnage movie does need to be done justice though but after he battles the sinister 6 which I feel they might be going at wrong they need to build up each villain first with there own movie maybe even 2 in a movie before throwing them together.

apparently sony isnt the only studio who wants to expand there universe. fox wants to do a xmen fantastic 4 cross over eventually. in some cases it can work but in regards to venom i just cant see him working if parker isnt involved expecially if its eddie brock. sinister six on the other hand can work if it is a heist movie and involves spider slayers

Eddie Brock or GTFO!!!!!
CIA / Flash Thompson Venom ruined the entire character of Venom.

i dont know much on the spidey universe but what if this a agent venom movie? i know he was just recently announced as a new guardians of the galaxy member for next year and guardians of the galaxy is out in the movies in august 2014 so maybe thats a possibility?

i dont know much on the spidey universe but what if this a agent venom movie? i know he was just recently announced as a new guardians of the galaxy member for next year and guardians of the galaxy is out in the movies in august 2014 so maybe thats a possibility?

Agent Venom / CIA / Flash Thompson Venom is TURRIBLE!!!!

That's not a possibility.
If I'm not mistaken, SONY owns the rights to Spider-Man and the villains.

Agent Venom / CIA / Flash Thompson Venom is TURRIBLE!!!!

That's not a possibility.
If I'm not mistaken, SONY owns the rights to Spider-Man and the villains.

i know im just saying though to do a villain only film i think agent venom is the only way they can go about it. now in regards to agent venom as a movie rights charachter i have no idea who owns that one particular charachter. he could be like what quick silver and scarlet witch are and may be able to be shared with 2 stuidos.

eddie brock cant work without peter being his reason to be so angry and pissed off.

apparently venom was in the spiderman 2 trailer when osbourne is on the computer and i think this could be an interesting way to make a agent venom movie. i like how oscorp is becoming the center for the villains like lizard electro ryhno doc ock vulture and even the gobblin himself and now possibly venom.

Last edited:
eddie brock cant work without peter being his reason to be so angry and pissed off.

Agreed, but Venom can work if the story is done from Eddie Brock's point of view.
Peter Parker / Spider-Man can play a role in it, but if they make Eddie Brock the star of the movie, focusing on him becoming Venom, it can definitely work.

Have you ever played the Dishonored?
Dishonored has a main game and a side-story (The Knife Of Dunwall & The Brigmore Witches DLC)
The MAIN game (Dishonored) is played from the protagonists point-of-view, and the DLC is played from one of the antagonists point-of-view.

The same can be done with a Venom movie.
What if Spider-Man is seen as the villain in a Venom movie?
Eddie Brock has plently of reason to hate Peter Parker / Spider-Man, considering that Peter Parker cost him his job and the symbiote was abandoned by Peter Parker.
There is plenty that can be written to make it a 2-hour movie.

Agreed, but Venom can work if the story is done from Eddie Brock's point of view.
Peter Parker / Spider-Man can play a role in it, but if they make Eddie Brock the star of the movie, focusing on him becoming Venom, it can definitely work.

Have you ever played the Dishonored?
Dishonored has a main game and a side-story (The Knife Of Dunwall & The Brigmore Witches DLC)
The MAIN game (Dishonored) is played from the protagonists point-of-view, and the DLC is played from one of the antagonists point-of-view.

The same can be done with a Venom movie.
What if Spider-Man is seen as the villain in a Venom movie?
Eddie Brock has plently of reason to hate Peter Parker / Spider-Man, considering that Peter Parker cost him his job and the symbiote was abandoned by Peter Parker.
There is plenty that can be written to make it a 2-hour movie.

believe it or not i never heard of dishonored so no havent played it. i kind of fell out of gaming so yea.

it will be interesting to see a film through the eyes of the villain instead of the hero for a change and if it does become a success and works we can pretty much see fox and marvel doing it also. after all the studios will milk this to death and when they do i hope it is milked right and now just some way to say hey lets try to make a insane amount of money at the box office and end up failing miserably story wise with the audience. i actually wouldnt mind a kingpin spinoff but the question is is he just exclusive to daredevil or can he be used in other films as well?

X-men/Fantastic 4 crossover could work there both hero groups in the same universe. Sonys best option would be to make a spiderman 2099 film I think it could possibly draw bigger then the amazing spiderman films.

X-men/Fantastic 4 crossover could work there both hero groups in the same universe. Sonys best option would be to make a spiderman 2099 film I think it could possibly draw bigger then the amazing spiderman films.

i would love a spiderman 2099 film only thing is the people who dont read the comics apparently only know of peter parker from the old show and the rami films and current cartoons. i dont think sony would spend a huge amount of cash on a project they may think can fail when targeting the average non comic book fan movie goer. it would be like saying make dick grayson or jgl the new batman and not have him be bruce

They would have to explain who this guy is an the year etc I think it would be more along the lines of a batman beyond but the problem they would have with that is they are currently in the process of the superman vs batman movie wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Where as spider man 2099 is years an years into the future peter parker is dead but they dont have to explain how he dies which would be the best bet since they still have the amazing series going.

They would have to explain who this guy is an the year etc I think it would be more along the lines of a batman beyond but the problem they would have with that is they are currently in the process of the superman vs batman movie wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Where as spider man 2099 is years an years into the future peter parker is dead but they dont have to explain how he dies which would be the best bet since they still have the amazing series going.

or sony can do what star wars is doing and that is trilogy that moves forward and a shit load of spinoffs. from what i have been hearing these star wars spinoffs maybe can go 30 years into the future or even further in the past way before the prequels. if done right i think sony can pull off a spiderman 2099 film and do there own spin off films that can play a over all story into the next film

Well thanks to a bunch of greedy companies, Marvel will never be able to have the movies everybody wants. People ask "Why didn't Spiderman show up in Avengers? How come there is never going to be an Avengers vs X-men movie? How about the Civil War?" Because directors and CEO don't read the damn comics. Heck, there is only so many times Sony can reboot Spiderman. And F4 is getting a reboot as well. If these people were smart, they could band Marvel together (Like it should be.) and make the cross overs that actually happen.

(I already hate FOX so friggin much for ruining Deadpool and having a terrible actor play him...)