Godzilla official trailer

I find that an odd feeling to have towards the franchise. Who cares what race the people are, as long as the story is written well enough?

I'm so psyched about getting, for once, a truly somber and realistic take on Godzilla. I understand there's sort of an inherent dichotomy with being a Godzilla fan; the original movie was so dark and poignant, especially given the time when it was released, yet pretty much everything since then has been unabashedly silly at best and critically awful at worst (albeit still fun). I appreciate both ends of the spectrum for what they are, but if this movie is going to be what I think it's going to be, I can't tell you how much more satisfying it would be than another cartoony Toho movie.

I can't wait to see what's done with his origin and atomic breath (assuming it's in).

By the way, has anyone seen the original teaser from Comic Con with the Oppenheimer voice-over that was leaked a few months ago? That thing blew me away. It harkened back to the original movie where you felt like Godzilla was mankind's reckoning; due punishment for its arrogance and indifference in its utter rape of the planet. I really hope the movie maintains those undertones. They might as well make me feel good about rooting for a giant radioactive dinosaur that's killing everyone.

I agree that the Godzilla movies have been pretty terrible, but I enjoy them. Kinda like Pacific Rim. Gareth Edwards said this movie is heavily based on the original with the man vs a pissed of nature theme, which I'm all for. And yes, atomic breath is here. And also yes, there are other monsters. The rumor is two others will show up.

And with that leaked trailer and official, the scene with all the bodies scattered around the crashed train absolutely sold it for me. Not that I needed any more convincing to watch this.

I hope he fights the Stay-Pufft Marshmallow man!!! yeah !!! Awesome!!!

This movie looks great! I hope it is as incredible as they are making me believe it is. I also hope its not just another army recruitment movie like transformers though that would kinda ruin it for me.

I hope he fights the Stay-Pufft Marshmallow man!!! yeah !!! Awesome!!!

This movie looks great! I hope it is as incredible as they are making me believe it is. I also hope its not just another army recruitment movie like transformers though that would kinda ruin it for me.

just get a few of the monsters from pacific rim. problem solved

My good friend has an obsession... no, that's an understatement, for Godzilla. I've never been a fan of this series at all. In fact, before we were friends, back in elementary school, we used to pick on him for his liking to Godzilla, and he told me that one day I'll like Godzilla.

But after viewing this trailer, I actually admitted to him that I kinda want to see it with him and a few other people. He was so pleased to hear that.

The movie theater where I saw the 98 Godzilla movie (among other films of my childhood) shut down around 2000-2001, and is now a kid's indoor playground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk