Microtransactions?

C-Sword

Now that people have came to terms with the existence of DLC, continuing to support developers that leave out contents on purpose, so they can make more money off us later on. How do you feel about Microsoft allowing developers to make players pay to level up early instead of playing the games for a certain amount of time to unlock more contents such as weapons, special moves and accessories?

I think DLC and anything of the sort is mostly just a bunch of crap. I miss the days when developers actually finished their games BEFORE they shipped. Nowadays they are constantly leaving content out so they can re-sell it later to get extra money. It works because most gamers nowadays are sheep and will eat it right up. People spend $60+ on COD Ghosts, then another $50 for the season pass.

If people stopped supporting DLC, games would be much better on launch. Same with gas prices... if everyone didn't buy gas for one day, it would make a huge difference. Neither will ever change though.

If people stopped supporting DLC, games would be much better on launch. Same with gas prices... if everyone didn't buy gas for one day, it would make a huge difference. Neither will ever change though.

You don't seem to understand how gas works lol.

Did you know USA is in a surplus of oil? we are shipping oil out from America. So why are the prices going up? It's because of dollar inflation. Once you pump billions and billions into the economy, that cheap price won't ever come back.

Anyways on the topic of micro-transactions. I'm a supporter of the free market... To fix it people need to be more upset, but there are not enough people upset at anything. People will give up a little to get what they want.

People who still support microsoft even after PRISM, I just can't understand.

People just... gotta get that killer instinct.... or that Titan Fall.... so they'll support microsoft even though they are selling your information to the government which is Unconstitutional for a REASON. It's to protect honest journalists and politicians. You're essentially giving more power to the establishment, and less power to people who genuinely want to help people.

Bleh...

It's not going to end until people get a rude wake up call. You can't really blame companies either. Corporations are not people despite what Romney says. They are machines, if a CEO tries to do the right thing. the machine will replace said CEO with someone who WILL do DLC the wrong way if it means more money.

The only way to correct it.. isn't to shout in anger. But vote with your wallet.... sadly gamers aren't united on this issue, and thus the wallet voting won't help much.

DLC can be great when done right. Take Fallout for example. The games are jam-packed as is, so when dlc comes out you actually feel like you're paying for something new and not something you should have already had. Unfortunately, there are far more "downloadable keys" than there is original content. Sonic Generations was one of my favorite games. I was hoping for it to have dlc so bad, but it never happened.

And I will admit, I'm part of the problem. It is absolutely insane how much money I've spent on Mass Effect 3`s multiplayer. But I'm short sighted, I like to have fun immediately. And as unfortunate as it is, many gamers are the same way.

Microtransaction schemes prey on impulse buyers who want things here and now. It's easier easier to goad consumers to paying small in smaller installments even if it means they pay significantly more over time.

I caved in a couple of times, but for the most part, I am wary about DLCs.

Crazy bad times. Amazing how the world is in financial ruin when we have so many people paying for nothing.