Tao Feng

Does anyone remember John Tobias' former fighting game, Tao Feng? Unsuccessfully?

What do you think about it? The characters I mean.

What do YOU think about it? Most of us have probably never played it. I played it, but don't remember much about it. It probably sucked if I didn't play it much.

I remember it. The characters were these over the top designs for what they were supposed to represent. A guy who used the pray mantis style actually dressed like a pray mantis and a guy who uses fire had fire colored hair. None of them really had personalities that were unique from other games like mortal kombat does. The game play itself was ok but the story was very bland and generic as well. Just nothing was memorable about that game.

Too bad about Studio Gigante ending with a major flop that was their wrestling "game", Wrestlemania 21. *cringes*

Tao Feng was a foreshadowing of the beginning and end of their studio.

Back in the day when it was new there was actually a separate forum on this site for that game... it didn't get posted in often though.

I want to try it out. I think NRS should also reboot the series with new material such as super moves that have X-Ray vision in them. To make up for the lack of fatalities, there should be 2 or more X-Ray moves or one X-Ray move and one super move (like in Injustice). The super moves would involve more firearms, powers, and other projectiles that would attack opponents from different distances. X-Ray moves would be up close like a throw and like in MK9.