Sub-Zero for MK10

Return of Sub-Zero

• Kuai Liang

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Bi-Han

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • New Character to take over the codename

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Doesn't matter as long as Sub-Zero returns! I want him back!

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
It's possible, actually it's probable. Raiden hadn't changed anything before the tournament started, so Sub-Zero's intentions of killing Shang couldn't have been altered.

But then again there has never been any mention (to my knowledge) that Sektor or Cyrax were ever at the first tournament. So NRS could have changed the canon of the story pre-Raiden visions.

Because it doesn't make sense for Sektor & Cyrax to be in the dark about the mission's true goals.

It's possible, actually it's probable. Raiden hadn't changed anything before the tournament started, so Sub-Zero's intentions of killing Shang couldn't have been altered.

But then again there has never been any mention (to my knowledge) that Sektor or Cyrax were ever at the first tournament. So NRS could have changed the canon of the story pre-Raiden visions.

Because it doesn't make sense for Sektor & Cyrax to be in the dark about the mission's true goals.

I think its more of an alternate timeline concept similar to how the new Star Trek movies are. Not everything is necessarily the same, AKA Kirk's dad dying and him not really wanting to be a part of Starfleet initially. As well as Spock being the stuck up tool that needs to be guided by his Prime self. The same can now be said for MK9 onwards now, clearly with Cyrax, Sektor, Baraka, Nightwolf, Kitana, Jade, Ermac etc. being present in the First Tournament of the new timeline, as well as the Lin Kuei's motives for being in the tournament.

Let's not forget that NRS retconned the whole idea of both Sub-Zero's knowing their parents. In the original timeline, they had a Chinese Cryomancer father and a human mother. The father was a secret operative for the Lin Kuei in the United States. He married an American woman and together they had two sons. Against the will of their mother, the father took the sons with him to move back to China, and as such both brothers were trained as Lin Kuei assassins.

Now in the "alternate timeline", in the new Star Trek movie fashion, they were shown to have been kidnapped from their parents as children and were brought up as Lin Kuei assassins.

In MK9 the Lin-Kuei were invited to the tournament by Shang Tsung, to kill EarthRealm warriors, so I don't think there were trying to kill Shang Tsung in this timeline.
It looked like Cyrax, Sektor and Sub-Zero were all collaborating with Shang Tsung, in MK9.
After Cyrax spoke with Raiden about the cyber initiative and how "a victory for Shang Tsung would be the end of EarthRealm and the Lin Kuei," Shang Tsung tried to have Cyrax killed for speaking with Raiden.

Cyrax (to Sektor): "Our host tried to have me killed."

Cyrax and Sektor (human at the time) were both at the first tournament, in the MK9 timeline.
I don't know if you mean the original timeline, though.

Agreed.
If Bi-Han was still cooperating with the Link Kuei, as he was during the events of MK1, then Cyrax and Sektor would also have known.
Lin Kuei members were always a tight close-knit bunch, who were around in groups.
Cyrax, Sektor and Bi-Han.
Smoke and Kuai-Liang.

In MK9 the Lin-Kuei were invited to the tournament by Shang Tsung, to kill EarthRealm warriors, so I don't think there were trying to kill Shang Tsung in this timeline.
It looked like Cyrax, Sektor and Sub-Zero were all collaborating with Shang Tsung, in MK9.
After Cyrax spoke with Raiden about the cyber initiative and how "a victory for Shang Tsung would be the end of EarthRealm and the Lin Kuei," Shang Tsung tried to have Cyrax killed for speaking with Raiden.

Cyrax (to Sektor): "Our host tried to have me killed."

Cyrax and Sektor (human at the time) were both at the first tournament, in the MK9 timeline.
I don't know if you mean the original timeline, though.

Agreed.
If Bi-Han was still cooperating with the Link Kuei, as he was during the events of MK1, then Cyrax and Sektor would also have known.
Lin Kuei members were always a tight close-knit bunch, who were around in groups.
Cyrax, Sektor and Bi-Han.
Smoke and Kuai-Liang.

Doesn't mythologies contradict the idea that they were in groups? Though one could say Sub Zero's mission at the beginning wasn't one to be sending three guys or Cyrax and Sektor where on another job.

On that note, is Sub Zero Mythologies still canon?

Doesn't mythologies contradict the idea that they were in groups? Though one could say Sub Zero's mission at the beginning wasn't one to be sending three guys or Cyrax and Sektor where on another job.

On that note, is Sub Zero Mythologies still canon?

Like I said in my post above, everything pre MK9 is still canon, but NRS did a Star Trek thing with the new timeline and changed events. Although it may be "the past", the sequence of events are not necessarily going to be the same.