sf 5 and mk x on same engine?

muhammad

BANALITY
So there is a capcom game galled asuras wrath which is on unreal engine 3 the same engine as mk9. Seeing as now there's unreal engine 4 no doubt Mk x would be built on. Should sf 5 build on the same engine as Mk x?? It would mean we are one step closer to a Mk x sf crossover.

As a fan of both series, I don't care what engine they use, as long as they can make the game look and play well. A graphics engine is just a tool, the results will vary by users and what they want to do with their game.

Last edited:
SF X MK will never happen - Tekken went from 3d CGI to 2D anime art for the conversion - the engine they are built on has nothing to do with making it happen... MK fans want to see fatalities while Capcom will never allow RYU get decapitated or decapitate anyone else. It's a losing situation on both sides - if anything I would be more convinced if you mentioned a DC VS Marvel collaboration

Who needs a SF V when we have at least 4 more inevitable SF4 updates forthcoming?

The real question here is, when do we get Saturday Night Slam Masters HD Remix?!

While you can say that MKvDC/MK9/Injustice uses Unreal Engine 3, it's far from a correct answer honestly. There has been so much done to their in-house Unreal 3 BASED engine that you can't just call it that and be done with it. Almost every developer has done extensive rework to make Unreal Engine 3 do what they want to do, and the "NetherRealm engine" is no exception. The differences this creates makes almost none of these engines cross-compatible.

Either way, what engines the game uses won't make a MK vs SF crossover game any easier or harder. The hardest thing is that Capcom and Warner Bros. are two different companies. Working together on a project like this is rare, and after the lack of success of SF x Tekken and the possible cancellation of Tekken x SF due to low sales means that a MK x SF is less likely.

Also doesn't help that various fighting game developers get along just as well as the communities of the games they create do.

I think MK VS SF would be a lot more successful than SF x TK. Especially since the quality of that game is crap to begin with. Capcom needs to stop being a bunch of whiney babies and let Ryu get his skull and spine ripped out through his anus.

All I wanna see is Juliet Starling and Rayne splitting guys up vertically in half in a fighting game and that's MK.