Idea For How Power Characters Use Interactibles

batboshark9

So we all know how power characters destroy most of the items they interact with right? Well sometimes it can be a bit annoying if a power character destroys an item you need later on in the fight. What if power characters could use items in another way other than just smashing them over their opponent's head? Here's how I think it should work, and for this example I will use the lion heads in the Thymescara stage.

Power characters just toss the lion heads at their opponents but they can't pull the chain to burn their opponent. Now is it just me or does anyone find it a bit weird that a character like Superman can't pull a chain? Is he going to break it? Much in the same way that gadget characters have the choice to bounce off a car, plant a bomb on it, or use it to smash their opponent's face, I say SOME power characters should have this same kind of choice. Instead off just pressing R1 to throw the lions head at their opponents, power characters could press DOWN R1 to pull the chain and burn their opponent just like gadget characters can press DOWN R1 to plant bombs on certain items.

Take the car in Metropolis as an example of how I think this could be done.

1. Pressing R1 will make some power characters grab the car and smash it over your opponent's face like normal.

2. Pressing BACK R1 will make some power characters smash their opponent's head into the car.

3. Pressing DOWN R1 will make some power characters bounce off the car

Now some characters like Doomsday will not be able to bounce off a car ( Doomsday is not subtle enough or light enough )but don't you guys think that a character like Wonder Woman should be able to bounce off the car or smash her opponent's face into it instead of just smashing the car over her opponents head? I mean she's not just an Amazon princess for no reason!

What do you guys think? :)

Nah, that would crush the diversity and just make Power characters even better when it comes to interactables

They should delete all interactables in my opinion.

Takes no skill to throw an object at someone and detracts from the fighting.

Nah, that would crush the diversity and just make Power characters even better when it comes to interactables
Keep in mind though that gadget characters have a lot of diversity when it comes to interactables most having up to 3 choices of how to use certain items

And that's why power characters get to DESTROY the objects. Cause gadget characters have like 3 options.

Take the dumspter in Gotham Alley. Gadget character heaven. Destroy the dumpster with a power character, even the playing field.